Support from Singles

Options

Replies

• christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Single, with a career and a child. I have no energy, or enthusiasm, for dating. I refuse to go out on a work night and spend my weekends catching up with my family. I'll send you a request!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I'm happily married, I'm just surprised there aren't more crazy cat ladies here :laugh:

my cats don't think i'm crazy lol
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    What is the definition of single?

There are far more unmarried adults than ever. However, most people are in a relationship at any given time. Being fully single, meaning not seeing anyone, is more of an anomaly.
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What is the definition of single?

There are far more unmarried adults than ever. However, most people are in a relationship at any given time. Being fully single, meaning not seeing anyone, is more of an anomaly.

I think its more common than we tend to think... i'm surprised at the number of people I have met that may date here and there but actually embrace those times when they aren't in a relationship... but single can mean what ever you want it to mean and I certainly don't want anyone to think if they aren't "single" they can't add me or anyone else on this thread so far i'm sure!
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Forever alone, with my cats of course. Feel free to add me anyone!
  • jhstroebel
    jhstroebel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking this last night!!! Who has time to date???? I think that some people think that I'm being selfish with my time right now, but for the first time I'm putting ME first to better myself. Yes, I'd like to date and find someone, but right now is about ME!

PS Feel free to add me! :)

This... 100% this. To get on this journey I had to finally stop worrying about making other people happy and focus on making myself happy. Since then, I've spent every free minute doing things that I enjoy, getting into shape, and working to be a better me. I haven't felt better about how I look since high school, I have more energy, and I enjoy my time outside of my 8-5 job more than any other point in my life and I'm not doing it thru eating terrible food and drinking like I'm still in college.

I could use some new friends tho! Feel free to add me. I enjoy seeing what people eat to find new things to try to incorporate into my ever changing diet. Plus alot of people on here are a great inspiration for what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it!
  • spacewrngler
    Options
    Hi!

I'm in.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm happily married, I'm just surprised there aren't more crazy cat ladies here :laugh:

I hate cats...:grumble:
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hey!! kinda put a hold on the dating life for now, trying to focus on just me and getting to my goals. If someone happens to come along that would be great, but not really looking now. I have had so many bad experiences, dates, relationships, I think I just need me for awhile. Having a boy toy definitely helps in these situations, he makes it alot easier to not focus on "finding the one". hehe

Add me if you like, I am supportive and very active on here :)
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am a single mother have been since 2003
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options

lol does a crazy dog count?

Dogs don't count :)

Lock a S.O. a dog, and a cat in your trunk and drive around for an hour. When you open the trunk, see who is still happy to see you.

(PS. I hate cats. We have 1 currently, but he's ok because he's the weirdest cat ever)
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% in that same boat girlie! Feel free to add.
  • Jesmoko
    Jesmoko Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Add me away, I'm curious about how single folks view their weight and to what degree it's potentially affecting their capability of gaining a mate. I'm single as well, just in a different...situation I guess.
  • jzimmerm1281
    jzimmerm1281 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Single here and really on a workout/being healthy kick so far this year and down 2 lbs so far! Feel free to add me! Looking for all the motivation, friends, and support that I can.

-Jeff
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i wish i had time to date!

Oh me too! I wish like I even felt like there was time between being a single mom and providing for my whole household myself and trying to get my body back on track I feel like there isn't any time left for a man in my life.

But that might be a blessing in disguise, I would definitely get sidetracked if I started a new relationship amidst all this, and I think after the last guy I dated I need some time alone...
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Im young-ish lol, single, just working hard in a dead end job so I can go back to college later this year though, I want a career that involves helping young children with weight issues. As for dating, I have done so but it makes the goals alot harder but in some cases (unfortunatly not mine) its worth the extra effort :)
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    So maybe there are others like me.....

I find myself wanting to be selfish with my time. I could arrange a date but what if it doesn't work out or the guy blows me off? I would rather be at the gym or doing something that I enjoy. Or we go out to dinner and it doesn't work out. Now I have consumed a whole bunch of unwanted calories that I have to go burn off later. Just seems like the risks outweigh the possible benefits for myself. And finding someone to date...yeah that is a thread in itself LOL

Right here with you on this!!! :drinker:
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options

lol does a crazy dog count?

Dogs don't count :)

Lock a S.O. a dog, and a cat in your trunk and drive around for an hour. When you open the trunk, see who is still happy to see you.

(PS. I hate cats. We have 1 currently, but he's ok because he's the weirdest cat ever)

I must admit I do have a couple of cats in addition to the great dane but the one is convinced he is a dog so more like having a small dog around than a cat ha