> 300 cals dinner ideas?

1235»

Replies

• Giant bowl of calorie free noodles with 300 cal's of sauce on top

"Calorie-free noodles?" Forgive me, but are you being facetious? I love noodles but haven't eaten them for over a year.

They are called Shirataki noodles and they are pretty much like eating nothing. I tried them last week. I could not stomach them, but some people love them.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Crock-pot Salsa Chicken!

1 pound of chicken breast
    1 Jar of Salsa (enough to cover the chicken)

on low for 6-8 hours

I made it for this week. It makes around 4 servings around 150 calories per serving!

I'll be pairing it with roasted cauliflower and sweet potato.
  • MontanaDiva
    MontanaDiva Posts: 16 Member
    Here are some 400 - 600 calorie meal ideas, you can mix and match the ideas between columns so you don't get bored. :flowerforyou:

http://www.isagenix.com/au/en/file.ashx?id=1f37b89e-d607-467c-a921-54c12f578916

Here are some 300- 400 calorie meals also on Pinterest
    http://pinterest.com/canadaanne/300-400-calorie-meals-for-isagenix-plan/
  • kristaleighwhite
    kristaleighwhite Posts: 39 Member
    Giant bowl of calorie free noodles with 300 cal's of sauce on top

"Calorie-free noodles?" Forgive me, but are you being facetious? I love noodles but haven't eaten them for over a year.

They are called Shirataki noodles and they are pretty much like eating nothing. I tried them last week. I could not stomach them, but some people love them.

Thanks! I'll check them out at my local supermarket. I must admit, I am intrigued.
  • Ebs75
    Ebs75 Posts: 7 Member
    I cooked sausages with mushrooms and oregano the other night and it was so tasty and easy to make, I diverted slightly from the recepie and threw in some green beans to add abit of colour to the dish and it worked a treat. 264 kcalories, protein 20g, carbohydrate 12g, fat 12 g, saturated fat 16g, fibre 4g, sugar 4g, salt 2.19 g If the link below doesn't work then the recipe is:

450g pack reduced-fat sausages
    1 tsp sunflower oil
    2 tsp dried oregano
    2 garlic cloves , sliced
    400g can chopped or cherry tomatoes
    200ml beef stock
    100g pitted black olives in brine
    500g pack mushrooms , thickly sliced

Using kitchen scissors, snip the sausages into meatball-size pieces. Heat a large pan and fry the pieces in the oil for about 5 mins until golden all over.
    Add the oregano and garlic, fry for 1 min more, then tip in the tomatoes, stock, olives and mushrooms.
    Simmer for 15 mins until the sausages are cooked through and the sauce has reduced a little. Serve with mashed potato or pasta (I added neither to mine as it was filling enough)

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5161/sausages-with-oregano-mushrooms-and-olives
  • A good idea as well is to pic low gi foods which release energy over a period of time meaning you dont feel hungry and therefore eat more.
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Grilled or baked salmon fillet 160 cals
    Roasted red pepper 30 cals
    Cous cous flavoured with lemon and garlic 112 cals

= 302 cals

Use half a pepper for 287 cals :)
  • katiestocke
    katiestocke Posts: 2 Member
    I just made this soup last night. It's 152 calories a serving and delicious!

Moroccan Lentil Soup – Slow Cooker
    Ingredients
    2 cups chopped onions
    2 cups chopped carrots
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    1 teaspoon ground turmeric
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
    6 cups vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
    2 cups water
    3 cups chopped cauliflower
    1 3/4 cups lentils
    1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    4 cups chopped fresh spinach or one 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1. Combine onions, carrots, garlic, oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon and pepper in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add broth, water, cauliflower, lentils, tomatoes and tomato paste and stir until well combined.
    2. Cover and cook until the lentils are tender, 4 to 5 hours on High or 8 to 10 hours on Low.
    3. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in spinach. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lemon juice
    Nutrition
    Per serving: 152 calories; 1 g fat ( 0 g sat , 1 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 9 g protein; 9 g fiber; 618 mg sodium; 681 mg potassium.
    Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (96% daily value), Folate (47% dv), Vitamin C (42% dv), Iron (23% dv), Potassium (20% dv)