Any pregnant gals out there?

Options
124»

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I am 35wks pregnant and I've been using this site since before I was pregnant. I have been logging daily and still keep up with exercise. I still managed to put almost 30lbs, but I know I exercised my whole pregnancy and did the best I could. I hope to be somewhere close to my pre-pregnant weight after I give birth. I started out at a lighter weight so I know my body gained whatever it felt like it needed to gain.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    me and my partner are going to try soon so this is a great post ...bump
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am 17 weeks, 1 day pregnant with my 2nd. I have been semi-following MFP. I am finally getting my energy back, so I'm trying to get back into the gym. I am up 5 pounds so far, and am hoping to stay between 20-25. My 1st pregnancy, I only gained 20 pounds, so I'm hopeful that with watching what I eat and exercise, I can keep it reasonable.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    9 weeks here with our third baby (an IUD baby at that!)...feel free to add me, I am just trying to keep making good choices and maintain for now! :)

Now I'm terrified !
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 14 weeks and I've lost 4 lbs mostly due to morning (aka all day) sickness. I would just set your plan to maintenance. Don't try to eat more calories, because most of us tend to go over anyway! Just focus on eating lots of fruits, veggies, good meats, dairy and whole grains! Oh, and drinking lots of water :O). My last pregnancy (my son is one), I didn't gain any weight until I was 16 weeks pregnant, but packed them on fast and gained 50 lbs-- it was not good! Just listen to your body and you'll be fine :O).
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Friday I will be getting my mirena removed we are trying for our second child! glad I came across this post.
  • VictoriousMommy
    VictoriousMommy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 7 weeks. This is baby #7 for me. Its ironic that a friend of mine had her tubes tied 5 years ago and found out that she is also withchild and due the same day as I am. I only got down to 166 since my last child so I have never been this big at my beginning pregnancy. I am usually at about 150 and then just under 200 at delivery. My goal this time is to continue exercising,eating right, and staying active. I do not want to be over 180 when I deliver this child. I know that with the proper motivation I can do this. Good Luck to all of you!!!

aww, i come from a family of 7 children...I was the only girl with 6 brothers! I have such a soft spot for big families...Its rare these days. Good luck!!
  • MrsSherrill
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Glad im not the only one in this boat =) ... I will be 13 weeks in 2 days =) and am due June 22, 2013 =) This is our First and couldn't be more excited. I was doing so good before i got pregnant and had lost about 22 pounds earlier in the year (2012) and ever since i found out i was pregnant i haven't worked out and tried to watch what im eating even though i still eat some things i shouldnt. So far i have gained 7 pounds..... ahh, a little scary but i will be ok if i stay in the healthy range of 25-35 pounds.... just looking for others in my situation that are trying to stay as healthy and active as possible. Just send me a request =)
  • christinesimpson
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am 23 weeks and due in April. I was doing great with logging before I got pregnant but hen fell off the wagon. This is my second and last pregnancy so I'm trying not to be too tough on myself on what to eat and such. With my first I gained about 25 pounds and so far I'm on the same track with this one. I have only gained about 5 pounds so far. But I am going to start getting back into tracking everything because I just realized we are going to Las Vegas 3 months after the baby is born. Eeek!!

Good luck to all the soon to be mommies out there!!
  • rmh2280
    rmh2280 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I was doing really good before I became pregnant. I had started working out consistently in December and being careful about what I ate (most of the time). I ended up losing about 30 pounds before discovering I was pregnant, 10 of which I lost in the month of April alone. I was so excited and then the weight loss slowed down even though I didn't make any changes. Well, by the end of May, I found out why. I was roughly 5 weeks pregnant! While I was happy in some ways (this is my husband's first biological child), I was also extremely shocked. We tried to conceive when we first got married in 2006 with no success. Granted, I was about 90 pounds heavier, so that, coupled with my untreated PCOS, probably was why it didn't happen. I have a daughter from a previous relationship that is 13. Once she turned 10, I pretty much gave up on having another child, but here we are.

Anyway, I have been pretty consistent about logging everything I eat, whether good, bad or ugly. Most days I do pretty good, but it is hard at times, especially since I am not supposed to be taking in too many carbs. I have tried to exercise throughout my pregnancy, but will admit that I have not been nearly as consistent as I was before pregnancy. I only gained 13 pounds when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I didn't eat hardly at all because I didn't want to and was under a lot of stress, which wasn't healthy. Now, I am 34 weeks along and have gained about 26 pounds. It's more than I wanted to gain, especially because the doctor's told me they only wanted me to gain 10-15, with my weight still being in the obese range pre-pregnancy. Now that I'm much closer to my due date, I don't worry as much. I realize that all I can do is do my best to be careful about what I eat and try to get some regular exercise at least a few days each week. As long as I do that, I know that I'm doing my best. Once my baby is born, I'll be able to see for sure how much of what I gained was from him and the excess fluids, placenta and so forth. Either way, I will make sure that once I have him, I get completely back on track and work toward getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight and then work on losing the remaining 90 pounds I needed to lose from that point.
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies.

Congrats to you all! Is there any of you who lost their appetite during the first couple of months?
    I can't eat anything besides apples! I look at food and get sick, at this stage I'm forcing myself to eat other fruit, which seems to be all I can keep down, even water makes my stomach lurch!
    I'm going on 8 weeks now, and hope this feeling doesn't last too long!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies.

Congrats to you all! Is there any of you who lost their appetite during the first couple of months?
    I can't eat anything besides apples! I look at food and get sick, at this stage I'm forcing myself to eat other fruit, which seems to be all I can keep down, even water makes my stomach lurch!
    I'm going on 8 weeks now, and hope this feeling doesn't last too long!

Loss of appetite and nausea are common first-trimester symptoms for a lot of women. I didn't get the nausea, but I did get the loss of appetite. It should pass after week 12. Hang in there!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I will only be pregnant for another week or so. :wink: But I've continued exercing all the way up until now, although I've had to scale back quite a bit these last couple weeks(stretching ligaments in my abdomen=lots of discomfort). I've mainly just tried to eat whole healthy foods, listening to my body and eating when hungry. I set my calories to maintenance (around 1800) but paid more attention to sodium, sugars, and carbs. I've had trouble with swelling and big babies in the past, and I hoped to head off those problems this time. And I've more problems with nausea and loss of appetite in the third trimester than I did in the first trimester! That's a first for me.

Congratulations and good luck to you!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am on baby #3 Due June 14. Gained more weight than I'd like at this point, but I am determined to lose all the weight after!
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I'm back on MFP! :smile:

I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant and in my third trimester. Now that the calories you are supposed to take has really jumped up, I want to make sure I'm eating enough, not ever eating and getting the right nutrients.

I was a faithful MFP'r for over two years and lost about 20 lbs. Then when we started TTC, I gained some of the weight back. Overall, I'm doing well and the doctor says I'm in the right weight range.

I really want to watch my nutrients most importantly. The babycenter website says to take an extra 450 calories in the third trimester. When I read that today it made me realize that this is something I should count on MFP.

Glad to be back!!! :love: :love:
    Friend me please!!! Looking for other preggos. I'm due April 2nd.
  • melissahunsell
    melissahunsell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im 26the weeks and due April 23rd. Im new to mfp ive been doing it a little over a week now :))
  • ktpenry
    Options
    Im 23 Weeks Pregnant - I wish there was a way to tell MFP that! So I just put that I am trying to stay at the same weight I am at....hmmm
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!