Are you the pretty FAT chick?

Options

Replies

• jomiller744
    Options
    Hi.
    At the tender age of (almost) 40, and having been on a 'diet' of some kind since the age of 11, I've finally realised that burning more than you eat is the only way to go. Even with surgey of some sort, that will still be the case.
    I'm starting again, calorie counting and exercise this time. Had enough of red days, green days, point counting , just going to keep control of what goes in and what 's burned off. Sounds simple, but I know it isn't. It's the mind that needs controlling. Good mental health is important. Exercise will help that too, or so I'm led to believe, so I'm giving it a go.
    I'm not online as much as you, but will get back to you if you want to add me.

Good luck.
    Jo x
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    you've lost 14 - you're doing it right! keep at it.

i mapped out that at 1lb a week loss, it will take me 8 months to reach my goal weight. and that doesn't factor in month-long plateaus. we certainly didn't become the "pretty fat chick" overnight and it will take a while to get it off too.

be patient. you're doing exactly what you need to do. and yes, it's a pain in the *kitten*, but it's what we want, right? so, suck it up. i'll be right here with you doing the same thing!

oh, yeah, and NO SNAPPLES! :wink: no nutrition, just more calories to work off!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    You've joined a site that is focused on calorie counting. If you want to lose weight you're in the right place. You'll see LOT of amazing success stories here. I'm even being successful! If you want to lose weight without counting calories, I'm afraid you're destined t keep the weight you don't want.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    if you are honest with yourself and you workout 6 days a week 3 day weight train and watch your diet the weight will come off .You have to be consistant you cant stop if you dont see results in the first week or the second keep on going it works if it did not you would not see the sucess on this site.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    the "pretty fat chick" or the "pretty, fat chick" ?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Yeah, calorie counting. Eat less calories that you burn. That is all.
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    Did you mentioned more exercise most days at a fast pace , cut meals you eating now in half and see if it works to do that for the rest of your life , I have a blattle with the less ten pounds and I have to learn that eating less and excercise more is a must even though the scale is stucked
  • Shal1217
    Options
    There isn't an easy fix. Eat right, workout and make sure calories in < calories out. Simple.
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options

be patient. you're doing exactly what you need to do. and yes, it's a pain in the *kitten*, but it's what we want, right? so, suck it up. i'll be right here with you doing the same thing!

LOL, No SNAPPLES..OKAY
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    P.S. Please don't leave any negative comments..if you don't have anything nice to say Please move on and say nothing at all.

So you don't want advice from people who've counted calories and lost weight?

And by "nice", do you mean people who will validate your search for a magic potion? Sorry, but it doesn't exist.

Newsflash: the lap band won't do it for you. You'll still have to count calories.

I never said I didn't want to count calories..I'm looking for new ideas to go along with the counting calories

listen to Bean. count calories. be patient. it will work for you. there's nothing new to add to that, but if you really need to feel as if you're trying something new, how about standing on your head while counting calories?

:wink:
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options

PATIENCE..RIGHT
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    the "pretty fat chick" or the "pretty, fat chick" ?

Really?
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    Yea it just take patience and will power and prayer, ive never been on a diet but im tryning.....

Oh so true
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    You've joined a site that is focused on calorie counting. If you want to lose weight you're in the right place. You'll see LOT of amazing success stories here. I'm even being successful! If you want to lose weight without counting calories, I'm afraid you're destined t keep the weight you don't want.

im counting claories
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    First off congrats on your already 14lb weight loss. You know I was really into watching Biggest Loser but I found myself getting really depressed over the fact that I wasn't seeing the results these people were getting in a week. These are great inspirational shows but for the general public; so unrealistic. I recently joined a weight loss management program through my physician and he's helped me be in the mind set that 1-2lbs a week is a more realistic goal. He's also explained that we are all made up different; some people can count the calories & exercise and the weight will just drop off while some of us have to work our *kitten* off for every ounce. I've been sticking to a 1400-1600 calorie a day lifestyle change consisting of 4 servings of veggies, 3 servings of protein, 3 servings of fruit, 2 starches and 1 dairy a day. I also exercise 6 days a week for atleast 35min and I've recently added strength training. We only weigh in once a month and my first weigh in is Jan 31 but he also has a scale that measures muscle mass vs fat. I can tell it's working though because I've dropped 2 pant sizes. Oh the program also consists of taking 1200mg fish oil, a daily vitamin(I use Woman's One a Day) and a calcium vitamin D supplement 2 times a day. So I guess just keep at it and don't get discouraged with little results; they are in fact accomplishments!!! I wish you all the luck in the world!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    First off congrats on your already 14lb weight loss. You know I was really into watching Biggest Loser but I found myself getting really depressed over the fact that I wasn't seeing the results these people were getting in a week. These are great inspirational shows but for the general public; so unrealistic. I recently joined a weight loss management program through my physician and he's helped me be in the mind set that 1-2lbs a week is a more realistic goal. He's also explained that we are all made up different; some people can count the calories & exercise and the weight will just drop off while some of us have to work our *kitten* off for every ounce. I've been sticking to a 1400-1600 calorie a day lifestyle change consisting of 4 servings of veggies, 3 servings of protein, 3 servings of fruit, 2 starches and 1 dairy a day. I also exercise 6 days a week for atleast 35min and I've recently added strength training. We only weigh in once a month and my first weigh in is Jan 31 but he also has a scale that measures muscle mass vs fat. I can tell it's working though because I've dropped 2 pant sizes. Oh the program also consists of taking 1200mg fish oil, a daily vitamin(I use Woman's One a Day) and a calcium vitamin D supplement 2 times a day. So I guess just keep at it and don't get discouraged with little results; they are in fact accomplishments!!! I wish you all the luck in the world!!!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the support and encouragement
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    FINE PRINT
    P.S. Please don't leave any negative comments..if you don't have anything nice to say Please move on and say nothing at all.
  • HopeB77
    HopeB77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes everyday....just now starting out....to kill the time I'm on it, I either read or listen to music....has to be a lifestyle change.....Never heard on the Dunken Diet.....what is that about? Good luck!!!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    Options
    I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes everyday....just now starting out....to kill the time I'm on it, I either read or listen to music....has to be a lifestyle change.....Never heard on the Dunken Diet.....what is that about? Good luck!!!

Actually, I'm not sure. It was mentioned in a success story I read. Thanks
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Heavy weights. No girlie barbie weights.
    HIIT training and heavy weight lifting will change your life. Period.