Replies

• slhall0822
    slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • marychopin
    marychopin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    here are my fav (and whole 30/paleo approved)

For all these recipes, if you prep them and put them in the crockpot the night before and have it marinade in fridge overnight it tastes MUCH better :D

Chili

1.5lbs of grass fed ground beef

1 green pepper

1 large yellow onion

1 red pepper

1 yellow pepper

1 tsp of chili powder

1 tsp of cumin

1 tsp pepper

1tsp kosher salt

1 cup of pure pumpkin

1 cup beef broth

chop onion and peppers (set aside)

brown meat in pan

drain grease

cook onions and peppers in pan for 5 minutes

Add meat and pepper mix to crockpot

add spices, broth and pumpkin

Stir

cook in crockpot on low for 6 hours

Chicken Soup:

4 large chicken breast

5 cups chicken stock

3 cups chopped carrots

3 cups chopped celery

2 large yellow onions

*add mushrooms or other vegies you like

Place chicken on bottom of crock pot

Add stock and vegies over chicken

Cook on low for 2-2.5 hours (time varies for crock pot. Mine is done by 2 hours). Remove chicken and shred. Return to crockpot and cook on warm for 1 hour.

Hot Chicken

3 large chicken breast

2 cups coconut milk (unsweet, plain)

1 cup hot sauce (check ingredients, no sugar. I use aldi brand)

Place chicken on bottom of crock pot

Add milk and sauce

Cook on low for 2-2.5 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to crockpot and cook on warm for 30 minutes.
  • marychopin
    marychopin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump:wink:
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Moved to the front. I just saw that newest are first
  • joimichele
    Options
    bump
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Cook a whole defrosted chicken...rinse it, take out the stuff inside the chicken, rub whatever dry seasoning on that you prefer, I use mrs dash, place on top of 5 balls of wadded up foil. This keeps the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the crock pot..I usually set it on high and go to work, so I'm not sure on exact hours probably 6? By the time I get home the chicken is falling off the bone! No added oil, butter or even stock, just your chicken and dry seasoning. You can serve it with veggies, next day as tacos, or on top of a salad or whatever...very easy and you'll have yummy chicken to be creative with for a couple of days :)

Now that is a great idea!!!
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    My fave is salsa chicken. It is just four or five chicken boneless skinless breasts and about a 15 oz jar of salsa. That's it. So good sometimes i use the meat to make chicken soft tacos. I also love the slow cooker chili from campbell's soup. I won 3rd place at a chili cook-off with that recipe. You can google the chili recipe. It is called Campbell's slow cooker hearty beef and bean chili recipe.
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Great recipes! Can't wait to try some of them!
  • iowatransplant
    iowatransplant Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • annilyn1023
    annilyn1023 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Turkey tenderloin in parchment...crock-pot style

Season turkey tenderloin as you prefer.. . I enjoy soaking in buttermilk overnight with paprika, red pepper flakes, rosemary. Discard of soak.
    Wrap in piece do parchment, seam side up and tied on the sides ( I use floss)
    Lay flat on bottom of crockpot and cook on low 4 hours. Enjoy.

I totally forgot the best part. add 1/4 cup fresh cranberries in the parchment envelope. Yummy
  • twins621
    Options
    I can't wait to try this!!!
    My cousin fed this to us when we were up in Virginia visiting her. I've made it several times and my mom made it at our Christmas party and for my grandparents. I ran this through the recipe thing on here, and it comes out to 265 calories a serving if there are 6 servings (which is approx a bowlful). The only person who doesn't like it is my sister, and that's because she doesn't like black beans.

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

2-4 chicken breasts (I usually use 3 fresh, but can also be frozen)
    1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained (I use Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles)
    1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
    1 pkg ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 8 oz package cream cheese

Lay chicken at the bottom of the crock pot. Drain and rinse black beans. Add black beans, corn, and Rotel on top. Add in spices and mix up. Lay cream cheese on top of it all and cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours. The cream cheese won't melt during the cooking process. When it's done, mix the cream cheese in and shred the chicken (which is super easy at this point).

This all fits in my super tiny crock pot very nicely. I like to eat it by scooping it with blue corn tortilla chips! I have been considering adding in cayenne pepper to make it a bit spicier. It is very much on the mild side of my scale.
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If you pre-cook your veggies and brown meats before putting them into some recipes then your recipes will have better flavor and everything won't always kind of taste the same. I know that defeats the purpose of crockpottery. I rarely do that but it does help.

I love my crockpot.

Chicken Spagetti--put 2 chicken breast in crockpot frozen or not, pour a jar or 2 of sauce (whichever brand of spagetti sauce you like) over the top, let cook on low 8-10 hours. Shred chicken when done.

Taco Junk--
    1 lb ground turkey---cooked and drained
    1 can whole kernel corn (rinsed and drained)
    1 can great northern beans rinsed and drained
    2 4 oz packages ranch salad dressing dry mix
    1 10 oz can rotel tomatoes and green chilies
    1 16 oz Jar salsa (hot, medium, or mild)

Brown meat, drain. Dump all ingredients into crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8. Serves 16 (1/2 cup servings)

Taco Soup
    1/2 lb lean ground turkey cooked-drained
    2 14.5 oz cans mexican stewed tomatoes
    1 15 oz can pinto beans
    1 15 oz can kidney beans
    1 can whole corn or 1 1/3 cups frozen whole corn thawed
    1 package taco season mix
    1 medium onion chopped
    30 oz water
    pepper to taste

brown meat and onion in skillet, drain, put all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hours serves 12 (1 cup serving size)

Super Easy Chicken
    4-5 Frozen skinless boneless chicken breast
    1 package dry italian dressing mix
    1 cup warm water or fat free chicken broth

place chicken in bottom of crockpot, sprinkle dressing mix over chicken then pour water or broth over chicken. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.

---You can put whole chicken and turkey in frozen or thawed without precooking. But ground meat will not cook through in a crockpot you need to at least "grey" the meat, cook it thru.

These are some really good ideas!!! I especially like the chicken spaghetti and the super easy chicken :)
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Bump--thanks for all the ideas!
  • NClala05
    Options
    Bumping to re-read!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    bump =)
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member