To old,

Options

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    If Luke Skywalker wasn't too old to begin his Jedi training, you aren't too old for this!
  • SugarBoomBoom
    Options
    What? No way! I'm 47. You are never to old to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
  • msliberty
    msliberty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and dont feel too old for this. :)
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way for a long time, and then my mother died of cancer at 63. Her lifetime of bad habits surely hastened her death. I looked in the mirror and said to myself if you are "too old to try".....then you'll be "too young to die" in a few more years.

There are no guarantees in life, but I'll be damned if I'm going to open the door and invite the reaper in for tea any sooner than I have too! It starts in your mind. Every small step towards better health leads to more small steps. One day you wake up and realize you've climbed a mountain. Start with logging everything. Then start tweaking things, little by little.

How do you eat an elephant? ..... one bite at a time!!!
    http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/how-to-eat-an-elephant/
  • mdianne58
    mdianne58 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Mandy, your are not to old. There are a lot of us "older folk" on here. I am 54 & started this in May of 2012. I have never been one to exercise but have come to love it. Just start somewhere, I chose to walk because it is free & I set my pace. I sent you a friend request if you don't mind an "old" friend.
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    sounds like another excuse to me :). just saying! 53 here and this has been a great way to stay on track!
  • CharlieOverby
    CharlieOverby Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You are still a kid. I am 70 years old with a 21 year old attitude and still kicking. (I used 21 so that I can drink legally) Don't give up.
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    Well I'm 53, my name is Janice and would love to have you as a friend. Never to old to be healthy.
  • cjburke12
    cjburke12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 50 and doing it! So can you! :)
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Nah, there's lots of 40 something's here. A lot of people don't post in the forums so it might appear otherwise. I'm 48 and don't feel too old to be here. I feel too old when I have to ice my knees after exercise :laugh:
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and am SO doing this :drinker:
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and am in way better shape than I ever was in my 20s or 30s!

So no, you're definitely not too old!!
    7631282 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Friend me, I'm looking for friends on here, only been doing this 1 month and I'm 49.
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    61 years old......I am too young not to be on this site! :wink:
  • cynthiatwayne
    Options
    I'll be 49 in 6 weeks and have more determination in my middle years than I ever had in my younger years....that's why I'm here NOW and wasn't then!!!

Live the life you want! Don't let age define it. Or anything else for that matter.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm 54. You're never too old to take care of your health!
  • JudithEssex
    JudithEssex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, I am in my 60's. Having been slender all my life except after menopause, I am doing this to be in better health,better shape,and into my skinnies! I think it is never too late to take charge of your health. and being healthier usually makes people look better- not only less fat,but less flabby and more toned. better energy, sharper focus. did you ever notice that even a bigger woman looks more attractive when she is energetic and fit? I am not all about size - I am about vitality.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i'll be 41 in april. you're not too old! you're never too old. :)
  • Sheakat
    Sheakat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and never feel too old (although my daughter makes sure I remember)!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    To old, or not to old. That is the question.