SODA POP SUBSTITUTE

Options

Replies

• schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I loved flavored sparkling water. Deer Park makes some that is more affordable than Pellegrino or Perrier (orange flavor is my favorite). You can also throw berries, lemons, limes, etc in to flavor it.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I drink club soda with a little bit of fruit juice just to give it some flavor when I want a soda.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am someone who likes having pop but I really want to phase it out with my new diet. Obviously Diet has 0 calories but the health risks associated with it are enough to keep me away.

What can I substitute? Maybe seltzer, regular water, sparking water, flavored sparkling? I would love to hear what everyone has to say.

Thanks! **Don't be shy to message me, add friends as well always looking to meet new people and gain advice

monster-nitrous-black-ice-energy-drink.jpg
  • pikachuFL
    pikachuFL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking sparkling grape juice instead of Dr. Pepper. I don't know if it's any healthier. I'm thinking of switching to regular grape juice.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    whoever just posted Monster you could not have picked a worse drink, even if you're trying to get a laugh.
    Energy Drinks are the worst, I give my friends hell for drinking them.

Club Soda excellent choice, much appreciated everyone who has contributed.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    whoever just posted Monster you could not have picked a worse drink, even if you're trying to get a laugh.
    Energy Drinks are the worst, I give my friends hell for drinking them.

Club Soda excellent choice, much appreciated everyone who has contributed.

Do explain why they are so terrible?
  • lovetothefire
    Options
    Just recently fell in love with stevia, I've been adding it to my tea every day (you only need a TINY bit though, like 1/8 of a tsp for a cup of tea, if that). Or if you like it, you can do unsweetened tea. I also love sparkling water - I get the flavored, unsweetened kind.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking regular pop over the summer and now I drink tons of plain old iced tea and water. I have the bigger cold brew teabags at home and the glass sized ones at work. I do have and drink cherry coke zero if I really want pop but iced tea is pretty much my go-to drink.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Do they sell this *stevia* stuff in Canada?
  • c_rizzy
    c_rizzy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of un sweet tea
  • lovetothefire
    Options
    I'm not going to pretend to know about the weird stuff like guarana that's in it, but at the very least, there are 100 calories and 27g of sugar per 8 oz serving.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    Cool, I'm really happy that everyone has been so great on this topic and being extremely informative.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have really started to like the Fuze Diet Lemon Iced Tea in a Can its like 0 calories comes in a case just like pop and the diet flavor doesn't taste so artificial like some of the other ones.
  • purpleheart416
    purpleheart416 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to club soda with lime.
  • dielikedisco
    Options
    I have a horrible soda addiction but have managed to trade diet soda for Sobe Lifewater and Vitamin Water Zero. Both have 0 calories and several different flavors to choose from. Neither are as good for you as plain water but they aren't as bad as a soda... gotta take those baby steps right?

I've also found that unsweetened tea (I like cold green tea the most, strangely enough) and water with lots of lemon also will do the trick. I absolutely cannot keep soda in the house though or I'll drink it all.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    I always try to grab a Vitamin Water Zero when I'm at school instead of reaching for the usual sugar filled drinks.
    Staying away from caf food is hard as well but so far I've only bought one muffin, not bad.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Do they sell this *stevia* stuff in Canada?
    Yes, they do. But I've never seen the Zevia brand pop up here. However diet crush pop is made with splenda instead of aspartame. For me, I just gave up diet pop and am drinking crystal light and water. I'm sure I'll still have pop when I go to a restaurant, but that is not often.
    Stevia is usually found with the other artificial sweeteners under a couple different brands. Cant think of them right now tho.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    If you know which store it is sold at that would be amazing. I will definitely look around for stevia as everyone as recommended it and had good things to say about it.
  • TorontoAdam91
    Options
    dumped out my last ever can of soda, no more will I resort to that sugary garbage!