loose skin, stretch marks and bikinis

Options
2»

Replies

• estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My concern for myself is my stretch marks and I don't even have children. Even when I was at my thinnest, I had a hard time wearing a bikini because of my stretch marks. I'm so self-conscious about them because mines appear dark (darker than my skin color) and I'm pretty sure peopl can see them from a mile away!
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I wear a two piece tankini thing. I find it more comfortable because I'm tall.

If you feel comfortable and confident, do it!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful :).

I still have quite a ways to go, but when I get there, I will wear a two piece bathing suit to celebrate my progress. And I will do it with stretch marks (as I have plenty) and probably a bit of loose skin as well. It's possible that I will choose a tankini and that's a bit more my style.

That said, I did just don a one piece and went out and didn't give a care what anyone thought of me -- and THAT was a major victory for me. Didn't have anything to do with my body, really... more just my mind!!

Do what makes you feel comfortable! But in 20 years, you will probably be saying to yourself "If I had that body again today, you would have a hard time getting me out of a bikini!" So enjoy it while you have it, relax, and have fun!!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You can get stretch marks lasered off now with great success. Loose skin best thing to say is surgery or goto the gym and build muscle to fill it in some.
  • whitwewsfit
    whitwewsfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful...wear the bikini!!! I've seen your stomach and you think its bad not anyone else :):)
  • Sweetmaddie4u60
    Options
    idk i will try some on and see...i dread bathing suit season!
  • cm196250
    Options
    Well i say go for it if your comforable in it, you are the only person that matters!!! i am 50 and that seriously is my goal to get in to one this summer!!!!!!! I may not wear it though because of my age:embarassed: i just want to fit in one!:bigsmile: by the way i have given birth to three children and i have no stretch marks or cellulite yet just over weight with love handles and i am scared to wear one.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Wear the bikini. If you are wearing a swimsuit you are practically naked anyway. I don't see what a few more inches of fabric does.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm considerably overweight and still wear a bikini. I don't give a fruck what anyone thinks about me.

This is the suit I wore last year - I'm down about ten pounds since this photo:

[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/self portraits/DSC03751.jpg[/img]
  • MommyLovex3sc
    Options
    Girl you have worked hard to get where you are! Go for it! :) I will feel the same way when i get down to my goal weight.. but babies will do that to yah!!
  • ShrinkinAmberina
    Options
    wear what your comfortable in and looks the best to YOU. Confidence is more attractive than a perfect body thats dull.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Honestly, most people at the beach/pool are too concerned about themselves and how they look to be worried about your loose skin and stretch marks. I know that's absolutely true for me, anyway. I don't even notice other people's "flaws."
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think, as long as you feel confident and comfortable in a bikini don't worry what anyone else thinks. I used to e really self conscious about my body, even after losing weight. I decided to learn to get comfortable with my bare body... I started to sleep in the buff to help me feel more confident with nothing on. It worked! I now wear form fitting gym pants and tank tops to the gym when i once swore i would never wear anything outside of baggy tee shirts and looser capri workout pants.
    I would wear a bikini now... Regardless of what anyone else thinks, especially strangers. ????????????