Do any of you do apple cider vinegar to aid weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    ...They should make a forum called "I Enjoy Making Unhelpful Snarky Comments b/c My Life is Just that Lame." That would at least give them something better to do so they would stop interfering with people who genuinely need some guidance.
    While they're at it, they should make a forum called "I'm Looking For a Magic Pill Because I Don't Want To Put Any Effort Into Losing Weight". Then everybody who wants to can go there and discuss apple cider vinegar, raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract, african mango, cleanses, detoxes and all the other worthless, ineffective diet scams.

It would be wonderful to get all the magic bullet search threads filed away somewhere that I never have to see them.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I use it for nausea, dandruff, sore throats & pulled pork but not weight loss.

Yeah...I put it in and on my bbq and in my sauces...so far it's not helping.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ...They should make a forum called "I Enjoy Making Unhelpful Snarky Comments b/c My Life is Just that Lame." That would at least give them something better to do so they would stop interfering with people who genuinely need some guidance.
    While they're at it, they should make a forum called "I'm Looking For a Magic Pill Because I Don't Want To Put Any Effort Into Losing Weight". Then everybody who wants to can go there and discuss apple cider vinegar, raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract, african mango, cleanses, detoxes and all the other worthless, ineffective diet scams.

I'd really love a forum for all the cynics on this site who immediately shut down a those scams with all the research they didn't do on the subject. Just because someone is curious about something (whether it's a scam or not) doesn't mean they're lazy or looking for a magic pill.

If you understood what I was trying to say, you would realize my comment had nothing to do with said scams. My point is, if someone has been given misinformation, you can help them out without being an *kitten* about it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'd really love a forum for all the cynics on this site who immediately shut down a those scams with all the research they didn't do on the subject. Just because someone is curious about something (whether it's a scam or not) doesn't mean they're lazy or looking for a magic pill...
    See, the thing is, a lot of people here have read the research and know enough about nutrition to understand what a diet scam is and why they don't work. I have no intention of wasting my time or money personally trying out every one of these "magic pills" just so I can personally attest to the fact that they're ineffective (which I already know).
    If you understood what I was trying to say, you would realize my comment had nothing to do with said scams. My point is, if someone has been given misinformation, you can help them out without being an *kitten* about it.
    To many people here, "being an *kitten* about it" = "not agreeing with what I say". The threads often go something like this:

OP: "What do you think about me eating 600 calories a day, burning 2000 calories doing cardio, doing the master blaster detox and taking Dr. Oz's <insert whatever latest miracle he's pimping here>? Will I lose 200 pounds, get a flat belly and tone up before my vacation in two weeks?"

Multiple Posters: (variations of "No" - often with advice to dump the magic pills, eat sensibly and mix in a sensible exercise program - and probably a few posts telling the OP that her plan is silly and won't work).

OP: "Oh, why are you all picking on me?!? You're all such a bunch of big meanie poopie heads!!1!!11!".

Other Posters: "Yeah, why does everybody have to shatter the OP's dreams? My friend's daughter's boyfriend's sister's cousin did the master blaster detox and ate burberry keytoons, and she dropped 50 pounds in a week - without exercising! You go, hon, don't let these big meanie heads tell you what to do!".
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'd really love a forum for all the cynics on this site who immediately shut down a those scams with all the research they didn't do on the subject. Just because someone is curious about something (whether it's a scam or not) doesn't mean they're lazy or looking for a magic pill...
    See, the thing is, a lot of people here have read the research and know enough about nutrition to understand what a diet scam is and why they don't work. I have no intention of wasting my time or money personally trying out every one of these "magic pills" just so I can personally attest to the fact that they're ineffective (which I already know).
    To many people here, "being an *kitten* about it" = "not agreeing with what I say". The threads often go something like this:

OP: "What do you think about me eating 600 calories a day, burning 2000 calories doing cardio, doing the master blaster detox and taking Dr. Oz's <insert whatever latest miracle he's pimping here>? Will I lose 200 pounds, get a flat belly and tone up before my vacation in two weeks?"

Multiple Posters: (variations of "No" - often with advice to dump the magic pills, eat sensibly and mix in a sensible exercise program - and probably a few posts telling the OP that her plan is silly and won't work).

OP: "Oh, why are you all picking on me?!? You're all such a bunch of big meanie poopie heads!!1!!11!".

Other Posters: "Yeah, why does everybody have to shatter the OP's dreams? My friend's daughter's boyfriend's sister's cousin did the master blaster detox and ate burberry keytoons, and she dropped 50 pounds in a week - without exercising! You go, hon, don't let these big meanie heads tell you what to do!".

Way too much sense is being made here.
  • justmeeh91
    justmeeh91 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Wow, you are so wrong. The people who are telling her that they don't think it would work, aren't just saying "no, I don't think it will work, the best way to have weight loss is a balanced diet and exercise." They are making smart *kitten* comments about it as well. OP is not claiming she wants to try this to get out of having to exercise and have a balanced diet to lose weight! She was simply asking if anyone has tried it, because she wants to hear from people who have actually used it, rather than GOOGLE it!!!! take your smart *kitten*, big ego comments elsewhere!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

There's a difference between being helpful and being sarcastic. I have no problem with you stating you don't agree with the method. The forums are here so you can help other people or get help, not to entertain yourself by making the OP feel stupid for asking a simple question. Again, you seem to be missing the point...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar to help clean up pee-pee stains caused by my cats and dog.

Does it help with the smell too?
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I put a capful of apple cider vineger on my boxer's dog food every night as a flea deterrant. We've never had to buy feal medicine since we started doing that and she doesn't have fleas.
  • LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try that with mine! I was just reading something about that. Thanks! It's almost flea season!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't. I use it in a number of recipes, though. I made Sweet, Sour & Spicy Chicken Breasts in the oven for dinner last night. Apple cider vinegar was one of the ingredients for the marinade.

I also use it in my recipe for slow-roasted pork shoulder with apples and onions.

Mega nomz. :flowerforyou:
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I take it for digestion.. but there is a small Japanese study that claims it helps w/ fat loss.. not sure if it was valid. I use Organic Braggs in salads or just a shot if I had a heavy meal... why not?
  • geralynhoerauf
    geralynhoerauf Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had a bottle of Braggs in my pantry even before my recent change of eating habits/exercise routine. I originally bought it after hearing a story on the radio re health benefits. When I decided to give up all adult beverages for the month of January, I pulled it out as a substitute for my daily pre-dinner "cocktail": I mix 1.5 TBSP in a wine glass of cold water and enjoy the cocktail hour with my husband. It may be having an effect on the amount of food I fell like eating at dinner -- or it may be that my willpower is increasing. I'm only into my weight loss program by 2 weeks, and I'm only drinking the apple cider vinegar concoction once/twice a day, but if in the long-term it appears to have any beneficial effects, I'll be sure to repost.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use it in the same way as some of the previous posters. I use it as a hair conditioner, I have used it as an astringent for my face, and I like to use it for salad dressing mixed with some honey and Mrs. Dash.