What is your favorite "Diet" food/treat discovered?

Options

Replies

• karlowe
    karlowe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    cucumbers and ranch...delicious!
  • marioz49
    marioz49 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have discovered new foods since dieting; egg plant (high in iron), lots of yummy curry pastes, basil and pesto hummus.....yum
  • robinsawyer
    Options
    Biggest Loser Parmesan Pepper Sweet Potato Fries - these are awesome! Here's a tip though: After you cut up your sweet potatoes, put them on the pan you plan to use to oven fry the potatoes, and then spray them with low-fat, olive-oil Pam. Put your parmesan and other ingredients in a Ziplock bag and shake them up good. Return them to the pan and lightly spray them again. This will definitely make it easier to oven fry the potatoes and helps you make sure each of the potatoes gets seasoned.

Seriously, these are great!
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I absolutaly love tinned peaches.

Or fresh plumbs chopped up with some greek yoghurt and if im feeling i need something extra sweet I add a little honey.

My new obsession is really bitter chocolate. If you have a tiny peace it satisfies my chocolate cravings, but any more than a small amount and the bitterness really puts me off. So even if I wanted to scoff the lot I couldnt. Its great for someone with chocolate weaknesses like me!

and Ryvita crackers with cottage cheese and a load of halved grapes and thin slices of celery.. yum!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Light Cheese! French Onion is the best and I eat it with these low fat/low calorie bread/crackers sticks I found at Publix. So good. I love cheese, so this is perfect for me!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly...but I love sandwiches! I'm a high school student so lunch for me usually consisted of all things fried. I always had a choice of eating healthier but I could never bring myself to do it. Now, ham on wheat with a pinch of mustard never gets old. :)

Same here! I have sandwiches all the time now. Turkey or chicken for me and light mayo and mustard. I'm like addicted.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lean cuisine roasted garlic chicken pizza, 330 cals. it's a little on the high side for me, but it's delicious and much better health wise that a real chicken garlic alfredo pizza.
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    Emerald 100 cal Almond packs- they fill me up!
    Green Giant Just for One trays
    Skinny Cow frozen treats- their mini fudge pops are only 50 cal!
  • aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    Options
    yeah, definitely avocado and tomato (home made guacamole, pico de gallo) and black beans !! I could eat black beans everyday!
    You and i have the same taste :tongue:
    I also love laughing cow light swiss cheese, non fat greek yogurt, grapes, and pickles
  • homemademama
    homemademama Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    fresh salsa! it's like 5 calories a serving and i mix it with everything. Add a few grilled shrimp and black beans and toss it in a small low-carb tortilla for a super filling taco.
  • manda5347
    Options
    Better Than Peanut Butter -- its half the cals of regular (50 per tablespoon verses 100), much lower fat and sugar, and it tastes totally like peanut butter. I find a teaspoon or 2 is more than enough. That in a Sugar Free Jello Vanilla Pudding (60 cals) with 1/4 of a small banana is delicious -- if you ever crave the peanut butter banana thing. Sometimes I do it with a 1/2 tablespoon of sugar free strawberry jelly instead of the banana.

Also - giant brand low fat graham crackers (1 sheet is 55 cals), 1 table spoon of fat free cream cheese (15 cals), and fresh cut up strawberries - delicious and just enough to kick any sweet craving without a lot of calories. Reminds me of cheesecake, but just not as creamy.
  • jadenfox
    jadenfox Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    vanilla non fat activia yogurt with a tablespoon of pumpkin butter mixed in it, o black currant preserves. homemade tabbouleh and tzatziki, oh, yeah--cottage cheese as salad dressing!!
  • RegisteredNurse
    Options
    check out my blog for some great low-cal imitation ice cream recipes! I tried them both tonight... has the potential to be a very addicting treat!

www.code3response.blogspot.com
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    any kind of fruit (pineapple, strawberries and kiwi maybe my fave ohh or pear or oranges, u c what i mean) with vanilla fat free yogurt yum, i could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dessert! AND ive found a new love for frozen peas, just add a handful of them to anything (curry, stir fry) or just have them as a side veg with some chicken or fish!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Another vote for spaghetti squash but I love it drizzled with plain flax oil and sprinkled with cinnamon. It is addictive and tastes like dessert to me. I could literally eat it everyday.
  • jdayl
    jdayl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I have a major sweet tooth I love cocoa roast almonds, sweet and chocolate enough to keep me away from anything really naughty.
  • kristinelw
    Options
    This "spagetti squash" everyone is talking about sounds very interesting. Do you have a recipe?

I haven't done any huge discoveries, the only ones I can think of of the moment is that no-fat milk taste is just as good as normal milk, and that tuna is great and can be used in pretty much anything :) I never used to like tuna, now I love it!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i know this may not sound great and ketchup isn't one of the best things to eat but everything in moderation and all that... tuna mixed with a little ketchup instead of mayo is a fantastic sandwich filler, it really is gorgeous. the first time i saw my aunt do i was grossed out but then i tasted it... yum!
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    I love green smoothies, if you guys ever heard of them. It's like a blended salad, with tons of nutrition. Of course, with added banana or other fruit, it tastes more like a smoothie, not like a savory salad. :smile: Just mix some raw spinach (or other greens) with some water/milk/almond milk and banana or berries, or other fruit to sweeten it up. It' amazing! :wink:
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    vanilla non fat activia yogurt with a tablespoon of pumpkin butter mixed in it, o black currant preserves. homemade tabbouleh and tzatziki, oh, yeah--cottage cheese as salad dressing!!

Oh my!!! :smile: I love pumpkin butter and miss it terribly since living in the US!!! :-))) I think I will start dreaming about it at night. I like cottage cheese too. I put it in salads, in pancakes, mix it with fruit, or even make a dessert with it. I really like getting creative with healthy stuff. :laugh: Your food ideas are very similar to mine!