Keto diet - GOAL WEIGHT REACHED! 275-178

Options

Replies

• Akraz
    Akraz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great inspiration! I am basically in a similar place, just not as far along. Started at 288 on 11/27/12, CW 247, GW 175, 6' height.

One note for those wondering about keto/carbs/net carbs, etc., another good resource is the South Beach diet book. You're paper does a great job explaining it, thanks for putting that together. That is basically what I'm doing as well with a strong focus on net carbs (carbs-fiber). I keep mine lower than 35-40g on a daily basis and have been steadily losing as well. I have done 20g too and occasionally revert to that if I get stuck somewhere for a couple of days. It kind of kick starts my metabolism a bit.

What really struck me about your pics was the difference between you around 200 and you at your current weight. Even that difference in weight is so noticeable and you look even better, healthier. Lots of folks are saying I'll be too thin at 175, stop at 200, etc., etc. I think we've lost all sense of what "normal" weight looks like anymore (in America at least). Take a look at old movies, all those guys are "skinny" compared to today, but they were normal weight. You've proved my point, you look great at your weight! I'm going to keep shooting for my target!!

Congrats again and thanks for the inspiration. Keto on!
    Thank you so much for your words!

I also noticed that between 200 and 180 was a big difference. I really wanted to lose the baby fat on my face. That along with the fat on my torso are my most hated body attributes.

I have lowered my goal weight to 170 as I'm still not somewhat satisfied with myself and this morning I chimed in at 177.8. Keto is really easy. I could do this forever. The weight is still just flying off at the same pace. I dont get HOW, but I'm not complaining at all.

I love everything right now about myself, but I am just striding to lose a little more. I went to get far away from 200lbs as possible without becoming anorexic haha
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WTG on your success! Yeah it just depends on your body and what works for you and what doesn’t and finding that balance. Congrats! WOW! Your notes are really good! Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.
  • katiwagner
    katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just started on the Keto diet Monday. I can already tell a huge difference in the way I feel. I'm a little bummed about giving up a few of my favorites, but I don't have a lot to lose so hopefully it won't be too long and I will proportion my carbs much better from here on. I hope to be able to sit down and actually look at your document and get some tips to help me!
  • Akraz
    Options
    Great job! I just started on the Keto diet Monday. I can already tell a huge difference in the way I feel. I'm a little bummed about giving up a few of my favorites, but I don't have a lot to lose so hopefully it won't be too long and I will proportion my carbs much better from here on. I hope to be able to sit down and actually look at your document and get some tips to help me!
    You will very quickly get over the things you craved the most. I personally no longer care for bread or pasta, I missed them, but now I don't even care about them. I dont miss candy at all either. In fact, it sounds disgusting to me.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Go keto! Love it, and your progress is so inspiring.

Yay dietary fat!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    way to go!!
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! I found that low carb was the best way to go for me. My body just loves to soak in the carbs and hang onto them!
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic! Very inspired since my plan is so close to yours!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Huge congrats on your succes, focus & control. I love keto & can't see introducing carbs back into my diet the way they used to be.
  • Akraz
    Options
    Amazing! Huge congrats on your succes, focus & control. I love keto & can't see introducing carbs back into my diet the way they used to be.
    If I do, i eat maybe half a slice of a bread a week. That's the extent of the carbs im introducing for now.
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you're a new man! wow amazing!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing AND younger too! Thanks so much for the details to your weight loss plan. I appreciate the time that you took to put the Keto doc on google apps. Keep up the great work!
  • dwumpus
    Options
    Congratulations, I started to type congrats, but that didn't do it, sometimes you have to spell it all out. Very inspiring, thank you!:noway:
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Well done on your success!
  • shlobiwan
    shlobiwan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!

I'm going to bookmark this one as you seems to have compiled a good beginner's-guide-to-keto here.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    awesome job - great inspiration and attitude!!
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! you look great!
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

Here's the link for you Reddit folks.... http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/

TONS of information there. I think it is the best place I have found that discusses Keto. Great group of folks there and tons of inspiration and motivation!

About : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet
  • Carrie_704
    Carrie_704 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!