Why the scale goes UP with a new workout program- MUST READ

Options

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Also agree its good to know this increase happens at the beginning of each new stage of a program (NROL4W for me). I jumped from 134 to 139 for no reason I could come up with.
  • asmithstl
    Options
    bump
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cheshire29
    Options
    This came at the perfect time for me. Just started lifting two days ago and stepped on the scale this morning and was up a pound. Slightly disheartened as I am so sore, but this could explain it. Thanks!
  • cheshire29
    Options
    This came at the perfect time for me. Just started lifting two days ago and stepped on the scale this morning and was up a pound. Slightly disheartened as I am so sore, but this could explain it. Thanks!
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was at a 4 pound gain for 4 weeks after I started Body Pump and some other stuff at the gym, I wish I would have know this.
  • lauradawson1123
    Options
    bump
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Bumping for discouraged newcomers. :flowerforyou:
  • runningwiththepups
    Options
    Bump
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    BUMP-A-TEE-BUMP!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I was working out casually before and lost a couple of pounds but now I've started this routine more consistently and noticed the scale went up 4-5 pounds. I must keep this in mind or I'll get way too discouraged!
  • christinaedloe
    Options
    I feel very relieved after reading this post thanks a lot :happy: I just learned something new!
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this, I'm two weeks into my exercise routine and had lost 5lbs, then a day later was up 4lbs.
    Lucky I continued and it made me work harder.
  • Donwilks
    Donwilks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this interesting article, I need to not get discouraged as weight has gained slightly but I've still kept in my calories. Need to keep going and see what happens in a few weeks!
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks...that explains it.
  • charleneagilmore
    charleneagilmore Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    thanks and bump
  • Mane1972
    Mane1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed to hear this too! Not that I was going to quit, but the scale was really starting to tick me off! :tongue:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    How do you report for sticky? I know it's a necro thread, but this gets asked so many times and it's perfectly understandable that it stresses people out to see weight gain after a day or two of workouts.
  • smitty24
    Options
    This explains it, thanks. Often wondered why after an intense or new class that uses different muscles, there was a gain. After a few classes then there's the drop once the muscles are "in tune".

Thanks for sharing.
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    BUMP so all my friends see it