How late do you eat and when do you go to bed?

Options
2»

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    It's 3am here, what's sleep?

I work a mix of nights and daytimes and I've still lost 50lbs since May. So, yes the whole don't eat after [insert random attribute of time] is rubbish otherwise every night worker in the world would be big and how does it work when you move to a different time zone. It's 7pm where you are, but 3pm at home, so do you eat or not? Anyway, enough ranting.

As long as you get 8 hours in 24 hour period and one stretch of sleep is longer than 4 hours it's all good.
  • CrackedMojo
    CrackedMojo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat after 11pm (particularly carb or sugar heavy foods). I'm usually in bed & asleep between 1 & 2am. Wake at 7am 4 or 5 days of the week (other days, sleeping til 10am or noon).
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner whenever I can. I have class on Monday and Wednesday nights. So even if I have dinner beforehand, I still have to eat between breaks in class. I go to bed anywhere from 11-2 lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat immediately before bed. Doesn't matter for weight management if that's what you're worried about.

Doesn't matter for weight management? Interesting. I was always told, for a "normal" schedule, say bedtime is 10 or 11, to not eat after 7:00. Before I was got older, with a slower metabolism, I could drop 5-10 lbs in a month just by cutting back on sodas and not eating after 7:00.

Now, I usually do have a snack in the evening... just don't want to wake up and devour everything in the house. I hit the hay around 12 or 1.

unfortunately old myths die hard.

use your intuition - your body burns X number of calories in the course of a day. you consume Y number of calories in the course of a day. should it matter what time you had them?

it's like fueling up your car on the way home from work instead of on the way to work the next day.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i just finished eating and i'm going to bed soon
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I eat about 8:30 or 9 pm and go to bed at 10 I need my 8 hours or I get b****y and I dont like being hungry when I go to bed or I get b****y :grumble: :bigsmile:

So goodnight Im late for bed :)
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have dinner around 6:30, and bedtime is about 10:30-11:00.

I don't get any food cravings in between, so it works for me. :smile:
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'll snack as late as I want to/feel like it.... go to bed anywhere from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
  • GohardgetHOTT
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Very helpful... I have gotten to the point where its been a struggle to lose weight, I'm use to it just falling off and now that im a little older its tough, thanks for the input!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    We eat early dinners in this house so I usually don't eat past 7...but if I get the munchies or hungry i do eat.. I hit the rack at about 10:30 on most nights.
  • Rebecom
    Options
    I don't eat a thing past 7:30pm on a work night and I go to bed at 11pm - the weekend I kind of do what I want though but still try to keep a few hours between my last meal and sleep !
  • GohardgetHOTT
    Options
    I sometimes eat immediately before bed. Doesn't matter for weight management if that's what you're worried about.

Ive got about ten pounds to lose and its so irritating cause these pounds are stubborn :devil:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I have a bedtime snack about 8:30-9:00 PM, then brush my teeth and go to bed. Sometimes we (husband and I) watch something on Netflix before lights out.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I go to bed by 10. I eat dinner anywhere from 6-7:30 (I don't know why my husband acts like he can't cook while watching our newborn!).
    I only prefer the earlier eating time because I try to work out after putting baby to bed so around 9p.
  • jadelucywatson1
    jadelucywatson1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I get home from work on a normal day at 6.30pm. Try not to eat anything after 7.30pm. It's good to have a firm cut off time I find, it stops me from snacking. Because if I just have one thing I always want another and before I know it I've eaten my entire days allowance all over again in unhealthy foods.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 6pm and go to bed around 11pm. I should be eating a protein snack around 9ish but I forget most night, I'm just not hungry after dinner!