Crock pot tips and recipes

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this!!!
    My cousin fed this to us when we were up in Virginia visiting her. I've made it several times and my mom made it at our Christmas party and for my grandparents. I ran this through the recipe thing on here, and it comes out to 265 calories a serving if there are 6 servings (which is approx a bowlful). The only person who doesn't like it is my sister, and that's because she doesn't like black beans.

Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

2-4 chicken breasts (I usually use 3 fresh, but can also be frozen)
    1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained (I use Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles)
    1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
    1 pkg ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 8 oz package cream cheese

Lay chicken at the bottom of the crock pot. Drain and rinse black beans. Add black beans, corn, and Rotel on top. Add in spices and mix up. Lay cream cheese on top of it all and cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours. The cream cheese won't melt during the cooking process. When it's done, mix the cream cheese in and shred the chicken (which is super easy at this point).

This all fits in my super tiny crock pot very nicely. I like to eat it by scooping it with blue corn tortilla chips! I have been considering adding in cayenne pepper to make it a bit spicier. It is very much on the mild side of my scale.
    thanks!!
  • polarbear115
    Options
    Yum! Looks great.
  • lilwalt99
    lilwalt99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Here's a crockpot recipe that I love that's easy and heathly. I got it from a paleo webbist (even though that wasn't my goal).

Enchilada Chicken Stew:

Ingredients
    2lbs chicken breasts
    1 yellow onion, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 (4oz) can of chopped jalapenos
    1 (4oz) can of chopped green chiles
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 (14oz) can of diced tomatoes
    1 (7 oz) can tomato sauce
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon cumin
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    salt and pepper, to taste
    bundle of cilantro, to garnish
    avocado, to garnish

Instructions
    Pull out your handy dandy crockpot.
    Add your chicken breasts.
    Then add the rest of the ingredients on top, in any order.
    Put on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8.
    After it’s done cooking, use tongs to pick at the chicken to shred it in with all the ingredients.
    Top with cilantro and some avocado.
    Eat up!!

I usually tweak it a bit. I use 4 chicken breasts, extra garlic, fresh jalapenos, and no green chilies. I don't do the garnish either.
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. That cream cheese chicken chili recipe sounds divine!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I posted this recipe earlier in my own thread but... here it is again :)

"Shredded Turkey"

1/3 c Old El Paso Salsa - Medium
    1 can Alymer - Chili Seasonings Stewed Tomatoes
    Knorr - Oxo Chicken Bouillon, 1 sachet
    2 Boneless, Skinless Turkey Breasts
    1 small onion - chopped
    1/3 c water
    (I added some garlic powder, chili powder, a dash of italian seasoning and some black pepper as well)

Put it all in the slowcooker and forget about it for the day... (Mine was in for about 7 hours on low; the salsa was an after-thought; there was some leftover in the fridge so in it went as well haha) then shred the turkey like you would pulled pork. I served mine on top of rice with a salad on the side, but it would make great taco filling, add beans, mushrooms and peppers and a bit more water to have it as 'chili'.... Lots of options, I will be experimenting with this again!
    Split into 4 servings; nutrition is as follows: (taken from MFP recipe calculator, does not include the rice I put it on)

Calories - 192; Carbs - 16; Fat - 1 Protein - 27; Fiber - 2; Sodium - 1231
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    bump
  • chamorita79
    chamorita79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    White Chicken Chili

Minutes to Prepare: 10Minutes to Cook: 30Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients
    2 lbs (32 oz) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, diced into 1-inch cubes
    1 onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, grated
    1 t salt
    1 t ground cumin
    1/2 t chili powder
    1/8 t cloves, ground
    1/8 t cayenne pepper
    4 (15.5 oz cans) cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
    28 oz chicken stock, low sodium
    2 c corn, frozen
    2 (4 oz cans) green chilis
    1 lime
    3/4 c low fat, shredded monterey jack cheese

Directions
    Add all ingredients into crockpot except the cheese. Squeeze juice of lime into crockpot. Set crockpot to cook for 6 hours on low temperature. Serve with 1 tablespoon of cheese per cup of soup. If you prefer a thicker chili, puree 1/4 of the soup before you add the corn.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 12 serving size: 1 cup
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 226.1
    Total Fat: 5.2 g
    Cholesterol: 50.1 mg
    Sodium: 546.0 mg
    Total Carbs: 20.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
    Protein: 25.3 g

I found this recipe on sparkpeople.com and I made it last night for dinner. It is amazing!! It is the best chili I have ever tasted :)Originally the recipe calls for you to heat the onions and chicken in olive oil and than mix in the rest of the ingredients however I just threw everything into the crockpot and save those extra calories. FYI: The calorie count is with the oil figured in.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Bumping!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Going to have to try some of these recipes =)
  • 89sassy
    89sassy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    My cousin fed this to us when we were up in Virginia visiting her. I've made it several times and my mom made it at our Christmas party and for my grandparents. I ran this through the recipe thing on here, and it comes out to 265 calories a serving if there are 6 servings (which is approx a bowlful). The only person who doesn't like it is my sister, and that's because she doesn't like black beans.

1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained (I use Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles)
    1 pkg ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder

Lay chicken at the bottom of the crock pot. Drain and rinse black beans. Add black beans, corn, and Rotel on top. Add in spices and mix up. Lay cream cheese on top of it all and cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours. The cream cheese won't melt during the cooking process. When it's done, mix the cream cheese in and shred the chicken (which is super easy at this point).

This all fits in my super tiny crock pot very nicely. I like to eat it by scooping it with blue corn tortilla chips! I have been considering adding in cayenne pepper to make it a bit spicier. It is very much on the mild side of my scale.

I made this and it came out fantastic. Everyone loved it. Thanks!
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options

1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained (I use Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles) bump cals?
    1 pkg ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder

I made this and it came out fantastic. Everyone loved it. Thanks!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Anyone with vegetarian crock pot recipes, message me!!
    :D
  • MKSamra
    MKSamra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    cream cheese chicken chili
  • Colziekath
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    :drinker:
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bumpppp!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i just have a simple combo of chicken, can of black beans, can of corn, and a jar of salsa. think i cooked it on low for 4-5 hours? very very good!

also pork chops and chicken and stars soups is awesome!
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump