Ladies who started around 280 please come in =)

Options

Replies

• Rainbowtop74
    Rainbowtop74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i have gone from size24 to size 16 starting weight at size 24 was 247 when able to get in to size 16 was down to 212.....hope this helps... i am 5' 4"...
  • purplepenguins7
    purplepenguins7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't pay that much attention to sizes. I have a tiny waist compared to my big booty and thighs. I'm 5'8" and have worn a size 20 or 22 from 260-290 lbs (my heaviest). I've always had this shape my entire life. Even when I was in HS and thin, I had to buy "reverse fit" or some such jeans because there was such a difference between my small waist and larger hips. It could just be how your body is changing. I see a difference mostly in my back, stomach, face, and chest. Not so much in my hips or arms.
  • JennnPatterson
    Options
    You look great! I just started MFP. How many calories did you start out eating? It put me at 1900 daily calories but I wasn't sure if I should follow what is recommended or eat less than that. Thanks! I'm starting out at 275.
  • Careygirl1968
    Careygirl1968 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 22W, and am currently in a size 10/12. I distinctly remember the day I was able to move from the plus size section to the misses - I sat in the dressing room and cried. The sales clerk thought I was crying because I had moved from misses TO plus - lol.

You are making great progress- don't let the sizes get you down. You will find it both a blessing and a curse. I've often thought it would be great if MFP had a clothing exchange page - find someone just a size above you to clean out your closet, and a person just below you to replenish:wink:
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and currently weigh 255, though my highest was 289. I haven't changed sizes for pants (still regrettably a 24/26); however, I have moved to a smaller size in shirts (depending on the brand I'm either a 2x or 3x). Unfortunately I carry a lot of weight in my stomach, and it's not necessarily the first place I lose weight. I haven't tried on any clothes since I lost my most recent 10 lbs, so things could be different, but the last time I went clothes shopping I couldn't find jeans that didn't have my legs swimming in them.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and started at 330 in a size 24 or 3/4x. I am now 259 and in 16/18. I am an hourglass pear shape..but carry weight all over. I didn't notice a size difference at first as the 24's were tight. After 40 lbs it really started to feel different.
  • CeliaBeansSconi
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 288, wearing a size 24 in jeans. I got down to 242 and fit in some 20's and 18's. I gained 12 lbs after a few months of falling off of the wagon, and I went up to a size 22. I'm down to 248 and some 22's I can pull down without undoing them. :) Sizes vary too much, so I just go by measurements or the scale.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am 5'5, started out at 278 in a size 18 or 20 just depending on brand. I am down to 250 and still haven't gone down a size. My pants are getting more loose, and I have to wash my jeans almost every time I wear them now because they get baggy, but trying on a size smaller, they are still too tight.. I think 10 more pounds and I"ll be good.

When did you start going down in sizes?? I know as you weigh less, the amount between sizes is less... but I feel like almost 30 pounds, I should have been down more than this... but maybe not!

Would love to hear your story & to see your result pics!!

Lucky you :p I started at 289 i'm 5'4 and was wearing size 30 tops and size 26/28 trousers. I'm down to 245 and size 22-26 on top (depending on how fitted it is, I have a running jacket which is size 20), and size 18/20 bottoms (18 non fitted 20 fitted).

The first time I lost ten stone, my legs practically vanished but my top remained big, and the same thing seems to be happening again. Before I starte gaining I was in size 12 fitted pants, but still 18/20 tops.
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thank you ladies for sharing, don't see many posts with this height and weight so i will join in. i started at 290, size 22/24 (refusing to buy a 24), my heaviest in past was 297 and size 24 were tight, but again refused to buy 26....my 22's became baggy when i hit 280, and got into my 20's at 270....wishing everyone luck and perseverance on this journey!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am 5'5, started out at 278 in a size 18 or 20 just depending on brand. I am down to 250 and still haven't gone down a size. My pants are getting more loose, and I have to wash my jeans almost every time I wear them now because they get baggy, but trying on a size smaller, they are still too tight.. I think 10 more pounds and I"ll be good.

When did you start going down in sizes?? I know as you weigh less, the amount between sizes is less... but I feel like almost 30 pounds, I should have been down more than this... but maybe not!

Would love to hear your story & to see your result pics!!

Same here! I'm 5'6" and just started out at 282 in a size 20. I went and tried on an 18 the other day because my size 20 jeans are fitting really loose but the 18s are too small!!
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You never lose where you want, at least that's what I've found! I've lost more off the top of my body than on my waist and hips. It took me over two stone to go down a pants size but after a stone I was in a smaller size top, go figure. Eventually I know it will balance out, and although it can be frustrating, just keep going.

I started out at 252lbs and a size 22-24 in June (2012), I'm now 182lbs and a size 14-16 (UK).
  • Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and started out at 338 wearing a size 32 jean and 3X top. I have been in the range of 287 - 295 since September (very discouraging) but am now wearing 24 - 28 pants/jeans and 18/20 tops. I have trouble with the weight coming off my hips, otherwise I could wear a smaller size pant/jean as they swim at my waist (have to wear a belt) but need the size to fit my hips. :(

The lowest I have been in the past couple of years is 245 and at that time I wore a size 20/22 jean and 18/20 tops. My goal at this time is to get down to 185, at which time I will reevaluate where I am at.

Feel free to friend me if you like. :) We can do this !!!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    As clothing gets into the plus size, it is cut bigger so you can fit into sizes longer. But when you get down to regular sizes, 10 or 15 pounds will take you down a size.

I'm 5'10" and was 270. I was in a size 18W or 20W.

When I got down to 230 I was in a regular 18, and 220 I was a regular 16.
  • BrandyRelaxing
    BrandyRelaxing Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started at 340, and it was 300 before I noticed a change, BUT at 340 my pants were tight and at 300, they were too loose to wear and look good in them. But everyone here is right, it depends on where you lose your weight and where you carry your weight that makes a difference.
  • skinnygeekwithin
    skinnygeekwithin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I can soooo relate to this post today. I've been feeling a bit like a failure lately with regard to my clothes sizes. Now I started at around 244 and I'm down 22 pounds now and I have not gone down in size as of yet. Now things are fitting better but I'm an immediate gratification type of girl. I want to see my clothes falling off me. It is frustrating!
  • leyte26
    leyte26 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    wow so many amazing women doing awesome at losing weight!!! it's such a hard thing to do and even harder when you're not seeing the instint gratifaction! i started at 260 i was in a tight 20 comfortable 22 i am pretty sure i wasn't in a 16 til 220 ish once i got out of the 200s i went to a non plus size 14 and at my lowest 182 i could wear 12s sometimes but still prefered my 14s i unfortunatly have gained 10 pounds back so my 14s are fiting alittle snuger lol but i am back on the band wagon maybe one day ill squeeze into a 10 but i just cant wait to see the 170s i get close and then mental block and gain a few pound and yo yo from there.

i wish everyone lots of motivation and persavernce. you are all amazing!!!!!!
  • shannonalyss
    Options
    I'm just starting out and I weigh 280 and wear a size 20-22 pant. I also have a large frame and am 5' 9". When I was at my smallest, 199 lbs. I was wearing a size 14 jean but I looked pretty thin. It does take a while for your pant size to change at the beginning but you are losing weight all over! Which I think is better!!
  • gemaudlin
    Options
    I was at 276 when I started in December 2011. I am down to 201. I didn't start going down pant sizes til around 240. I went from a size 26 and now fit into a size 16. Don't worry! You'll get there! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    When I restarted this journey this summer I weighed 207 and wore 18/20 in jeans, now those fall off without undoing the button/zipper. I am happily back into 16/18 but looking forward to a 14/16 or even, dare I say 12/14!

I buy jeans at the thrift store or garage sales most of the time. I change sizes too often to spend a lot of money on jeans that hopefully I won't wear for more than a couple of months. Once I shrink out of them I donate to good will. It's a great system, I basically lease jeans and return them when they're too big.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Is it sad that the other day I went to try on smaller sizes and picked up a size 16 jean and thought it looked SOOOOOO tiny?!?! lol I was like OMG if I get there I'm done!!

Sometimes when I help my best friend fold her clothes....I can't actually believe I'm folding an adult's clothes!! They feel like baby clothes! lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!