Sitting more than 8hrs?

Options
1235»

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I also sit at my desk 8 hrs a day. Sigh I will say I get up and go to the Y 4 mornings a week. No, I really don't like getting up so early, but I know I will get my workout done and feel better...about sitting at a desk all day.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I work 10 hour shifts, and I only get 2 15 minute breaks and a 45 min lunch....so I just get up at my desk and stretch every half hour or so. If I really need to I will march in place at my desk to get my blood flowing.
  • Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My job is mainly sitting, with a few opportunities to get up and move around most days. At the end of each lunch hour I climb all the stairs in the building, which makes me out of breath. Then I ride the lift down and do it again.
  • ehunter2k03
    Options
    I have an office job as well. I try to get up every hour and move. We have a big parking garage so I will power walk and circle that about 5 times 2-3 times a day if weather permits. If I can't get outside I walk the office building and take the steps to each floor from one side of the building to the other side of the building. We have 7 flights.