What to eat for breakfast and will fill you up

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal sticks to your ribs is what my momma used to say and she never lied to me. Except for that one time.

I have 5 eggs, 2 packs of the high fiber instant oatmeal, and 4 strips of bacon most mornings. Holds me about 3/4ths of the way to lunch
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I make this on the weekends: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1983505174/easy-paleo-frittata
    with whatever meat and veggies I have lying around. that gives me and my partner 4 days of a quick microwaveable breakfast in the morning. Usually less that 200 cals and I'm full until noon (maybe will need an orange or some trail mix in between).

If I don't have a frittata ready I will cook up two hard-fried eggs with a scoop of frozen peppers/onions and a small tbsp of hormel's real bacon pieces. Yum!

Good luck finding what suits you :)
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    During the week, oatmeal with chunky peanutbutter, banana, and cinnamon mix in.

Keeps me full until lunchtime. On the weekend, bacon and eggs, steak and eggs, or pancakes and bacon.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    coffee
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Scramble egg wrap - 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 whole eggs, green onion, sliced mushroom, scrambled then put in a whole wheat tortilla with a couple spoons of salsa = 400 cals
  • caitlyn_xpress
    Options
    Whole grains and fruit are full of fiber and complex carbs which keep you full longer.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love my breakfasts.

My favorite is what I call my Banana Boat Sandwich. I take a small-medium banana, slice it in half length-wise, and spread 1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter (I'm able to find almost natural/healthy peanut butter). Join the 2 sides and then drizzle 1 tsp of local honey over it. Enjoy it with 6 oz of skim milk. **

**Keeps me full for quite some time**

My second favorite is my tomato breakfast. I eat 1 medium size tomato with 1-2 ounces of feta cheese (good with cherry tomatoes too). I follow it up with a yummy apple or 2 clementines. Depending how I feel, I might add a sunny-side-up egg with a slice of toast too!

YUM!

Tomorrow, I'm gonna try adding oatmeal to my morning routine.

Good luck with it!! :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This morning I'm having a pork chop, and three eggs, maybe a handful of walnuts. That will hold me until lunch.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a bagel with peanut butter every morning around 8:15AM... by 11, I was famished.

Now I've switched to two eggs and two slices of bacon, and sometimes a piece of fruit... and guess what, it's LESS calories than the bagel, and it keeps me going and feeling good til noon.

Carbs just don't seem to keep me full for long.
  • chelseyschwery
    Options
    I actually fonud an idea on pinterest to make and freeze burritos, you wrap them in saran wrap and put them in a freezer bag so then its nice and easy to warm up in the morning before work, it keeps me full for like 4 hours as long as I am drinking water.. I used whole grain tortillas, turkey sausage, liquid egg whites, and cheese. They ended up being 278 calories a piece and so tasty!!! :)
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal keeps me full for a while.

I also like making a small hamburger patty with a side of cottage cheese and fruit.

Remember, breakfast doesn't have to mean "breakfast food". I often eat dinner-type stuff for breakfast and then eggs and whatnot for dinner. I prefer to eat heavier during the day when I'm at work and then a light meal at night.
  • heiditracker
    heiditracker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am having to get used to eating breakfast, I don't usually but, I know you need to. I live in AZ and it's too hot to eat cooked oatmeal most of the time so I make Refrigerator Oatmeal. You can vary this any way you like with the fruit and yogurt combo's, I'll tell you my favorite and it's so filling, after my morning workout (4:30am), I eat about a 1/3rd of it, then at about 9:30am, at work, I finish it and it more than holds me til lunchtime. This is really a handy grab and go breakfast that you'll need a 16oz jar or any other container with a tight fitting lid. Here's the base ingredients: 1/2C old fashioned oats, 1/3C yogurt (any flavor you like), 1/3C milk, put them all in the container and shake it up. Add to this any fruit you like till it fills the jar, shake again and put it in the fridge before bed. Open and eat the next morning. Here's my favorite combo: I use Greek Honey Yogurt, Raspberries, 1/2 capful of Almond extract. You can use banana's and chocolate powder, blueberries and a little maple syrup(or extract for fewer calories). Apples, cinnamon. Anything combo you like.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    As the subject says.

When i eat breakfast about an hour later i start to feel hungry again.

what is the best food to eat to keep me full longer

any ideas.

I know that feel. What I usually do is have meat (like turkey sausage) for breakfast. Fry it up with some veggies and 2 eggs and I'm good to go more times than not until noon. If not, I usually eat a banana or drink some water to hold me over until noon. There's no shame in having a snack in between. Hell, doctors even recommend eating 5 times a day, just small meals though.
  • HopeB77
    HopeB77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First off, I drink 16oz. of water, then I'll eat 2 hard boiled eggs & some peanutbutter on toast...keeps me going to around 11:00....then I have a little mid-morning snack then that holds me over until it's lunch time.....Good luck!! Keep up the great work!
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Steal cut oats are amazing. Sometimes i'll eat it at 7 am and won't feel hungry till 1 pm! Also making yourself and omlet or some sort of eggs with a little bit of carbs will help you stay full!
  • sparklebun
    Options
    Bran flakes, skimmed milk with sliced banana always fills me up!
  • wildechild74
    wildechild74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    protein works for me. its whatever you find best for your body. i usually do egg beaters (egg substitue, etc), 1 TBS shredded cheese, 1 TBS bacon bits made into a mini omlet then put it on half a toasted bagel. an open faced breakfast sandwich if you will. glass of skim milk. i could eat a box of cereal in the morning and not be full. whole grains do not fill me up, almost the opposite.

its kinda trial and error just like anything else. some people do great with oatmeal, whole grains...some people do better with higher protein based meals. play around. your stomach is probably used to 'volume eating', so it may take a few days to experimenting to see how your body reacts. above all, it really has to do with the quality of the nutrition. best of luck to you.
  • runner_gurl76
    runner_gurl76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Protein, Protein, Protein...and some fat.

Steak, chicken, eggs, cheese, full fat greek yogurt, and so on.
    Oh wait...most importantly - BACON!!
    Just don't pile it on top of toast, bagels, or cereals as you will be defeating the purpose.

Do this, feel full, lose weight.

If you eat enough protein in the morning, there will be days you will feel like you don't even need lunch.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    one of my favorites is:
    Turkey Bacon - Jennie-O - , 2 slice - 40 calories
    1 Eggs - Fried (whole egg), - 70 calories
    2 pieces Sara Lee bread(45 calorie one) - Wheat, 90 calories
    Skippy - Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 Tbsp - 95 calories

295 calories
  • misteraa
    Options
    2 egg omelette with either smoked mackerel or bacon, fills me up for most of the day.