What frustrates you the most about weight loss?

Options

Replies

• Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im very impressed with everyones input on this topic! For the most part it seems that all of you have kept a very positive attitude about it ! :)
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mostly it's menopause! I have always been able to keep my weight in check, but between medications I've had to start taking, and menopause, I've gained 25 lbs in the last 3 years. And now that I'm over 50 it's really hard to get off. But, new year, new me. I'm getting it done this year. I'm counting my calories, making sure I do some sort of exercise every day - and by summer my old clothes should fit. I hope. : )

This. Overall, though, being 50+ is pretty awesome. Lots of freedom, without the financial worries we had while raising our family. So I guess having to work a little harder to lose the weight is acceptable for me. :smile:

I do find the conflicting information difficult to wade through. Ultimately, not everything works the same way for everyone - this is true in other aspects of healthcare as well - but in addition to finding what legitimately works and doesn't work for you, you have to weed out the charlatans of weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    That people use diets to lose weight without understanding that it's a temporary fix.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That people use diets to lose weight without understanding that it's a temporary fix.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    How do you mean? That most people dont understand how much food plays a part in their overall health? Fitness/?
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    What frustrates me the most about weight loss is not losing!! :bigsmile:
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    There is just so much weight to lose it almost seems like its impossible to get where I wanna be:( Im just taking it one day at a time doing as much as I can by eating right and exercising everyday. I refuse to let myself take a day off or cheat because Im afraid I will get lazy and resort back to my old ways.
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That GOAL weight that drives me crazy everyday! I have been within 10 pounds of my goal weight for a year now. I have upped my calories...lowered them...worked out more...worked out less. I have lost inches and I love that...but that darn scale!!! :sad: I guess it keeps me in check and keeps me from eating the crap that got me over 200 pounds to start with! It's a life long journey...I just want to reach my GOAL!!! :explode: Congrats to everyone on here!!!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Clothes. Buying new pieces and loving them then having them not fit after a few months. Being in between sizes. Not being able to afford to fill out my wardrobe at every stage. I'm a bit of a fashionista and it really sucks to only rely on a few boring staples.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    That GOAL weight that drives me crazy everyday! I have been within 10 pounds of my goal weight for a year now. I have upped my calories...lowered them...worked out more...worked out less. I have lost inches and I love that...but that darn scale!!! :sad: I guess it keeps me in check and keeps me from eating the crap that got me over 200 pounds to start with! It's a life long journey...I just want to reach my GOAL!!! :explode: Congrats to everyone on here!!!

You look great and inches mean more than the scale ever will. That said, I know what you mean. The last bit is the hardest to lose, always. I'm approaching that last bit now and dreading the struggle. But if I can just get below 130 I'm willing to ease up and let the rest happen as slowly as it's going to.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If I mess up once I just start this mentality of "well now I might as well eat that bag of m&ms because I already ruined the day". I'm really trying to work on this! On day one of the biggest loser this season Jillian said "Just because you drop your phone on the ground doesn't mean you stomp on it then too". VERY TRUE! I try to remember this!

It may be helpful to also look at weeks instead of days. That way, you can "mess up" a day but have time to salvage it before the week is out. That might keep you from digging yourself a deeper hole!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options

You look great and inches mean more than the scale ever will. That said, I know what you mean. The last bit is the hardest to lose, always. I'm approaching that last bit now and dreading the struggle. But if I can just get below 130 I'm willing to ease up and let the rest happen as slowly as it's going to.

THANKS!!! 130 is my goal weight too. I saw 131 once about 6 months ago...it was the greatest feeling ever!!! :cry:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my skin is so ugly now
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    my skin is so ugly now
    [/quote

What do you mean? That it's loose, or something else? It surely doesn't look ugly to me!]
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I travel out of town 2 or 3 weekends a month to trade shows (Bridal, beauty, home shows) and it seems like 9 out of 10 places that we stop to eat have absolutely ZERO decent food choices. I work with two other women that are semi health conscious, but when the only options around are fast food, they have no problem eating it and don't seem to understand that I CAN'T. I have been making up some pre-portioned baggies of pretzels, carrot sticks & pb, caramel rice cake minis, oranges, and last weekend I made up some egg salad and took some arnold's whole wheat thins to eat that on... but it is super super hard to sit there and eat that when they are going into restaurants and stuff. We will leave a show around 5pm on Sunday and drive 10-12 hours straight thru back home and they hit up rest areas with Roy Rogers, Arbys, Quiznos... UGH!!!! They do at least try to swing into a Subway if we see one, but sometimes they just aren't around:(

Let me add too that if we do go into a nice restaurant, the portion sizes are RIDICULOUS... and I'm all for boxing half of it up, but when you are staying in a hotel and don't have a fridge or microwave around to use... it makes you feel like you are wasting so much money by not eating it all. I've even started asking (even if it's not on the menu) whether half size portions are possible... and have yet to find a place that will do it.

Now that I've started ranting... I think I may start a new thread for ideas on this:) I live in Ohio but I travel from Wisconsin to Maine... this weekend I'll be in Boston... maybe with people from all over the place on here... some people with have ideas from regional chain restaurants or something:)
  • Theodora1980
    Options
    Always being hungry, even though I am eating 1690 Calories a day.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my skin is so ugly now

What do you mean? That it's loose, or something else? It surely doesn't look ugly to me!]

Its loose all over my torso, it doesnt have anything in it right now, just muscle underneath - no fat at all anywhere. Ive lost 20 pounds in the last 7-8 weeks, and my skin hasnt caught up yet and i have to just moisturizer and drink water and keep concentrating on lifting and stuff, but I just feel really really disgusting lately. Im fine when I have clothes on, but when I see my tummy skin and my chest, i just want to crawl in a hole
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated by the people who eat crap, don't work out and then complain about not losing weight.
  • Bobbyjr72
    Bobbyjr72 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That it took 18 months to drop 30 pounds and one week of holiday eating to put on 10
  • emilym_3
    Options
    The fact that you can gain weight in two seconds, but it takes two hours to burn it off.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    my best friend who is 120 pounds, eats anything she wants and doesn't go to the gym.