Easy, simple Crock pot recipes needed

Options
2»

Replies

• HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Check out my pinterest page, I have several great crockpot dishes. The one below is my family's favorite. The only thing I change from the stated recipe is that I just throw in a can of canneloni beans rather than going to the trouble with soaking dried beans.

http://pinterest.com/pin/162059286562869193/
  • stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tacos

I packet of McCormick chicken taco seasoning
    enough frozen chicken breast to cover bottom
    1 can of Rotel tomatoes

put seasoning in bottom of crock pot, add chicken, pour can Rotel on top plus 1/4 cup of water. No need to stir or anything. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10. Shred and stir. Cook for about another 1/2 hr. Serve on shells - taco style or also good as nachos.

This has become a staple in our house. Very easy!
  • Wattyz
    Wattyz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    check your library and amazon for books. Omg. I think I have like 5 free kindle books on slow cooker recipes. I also love allrecipes because you can just put in 'slow cooker' and recipes come up. Pinterest is another great site for that type of search.

my favorite is partly crock pot-ted...just toss chicken parts, enchilada sauce, and some chopped red onion in it, and let it cook on low for about 6 hours, then shred.....and either fill tortilla shells, cover, and bake with cheese, or shred, pour some in a bowl, and eat. I also do the full chicken with foil and paprika and garlic powder, then you can pretty much use the chicken in ANYTHING! So easy!

skinny ms just posted a few recipes on her fb page, one being chicken tortilla soup. I made a paleo version yesterday....sooo good. http://skinnyms.com/skinny-slow-cooker-chicken-tortilla-soup/
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I will be trying roast beef with red wine gravy.

Basically put your beef or brisket joint in to the slow cooker, a chopped onion and a glass of red wine. Cook on low for about 8-10 hours. Take out beef and wrap in foil (doing this and leaving 20 minutes apparently helps keep it together when carving as can be so tender it falls apart). Put the left over liquid and onions in to a pan and add corn starch to thicken to make a gravy.

Sounds yummy, I will let everyone know how it goes on Sunday!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm a cheater. I put chunks of celery, potatoes, carrots & other veggies on bottom, a chunk of beef (type doesn't matter - CHEAP!), and then pour a can of Campbell's Select French Onion soup on top. Set crock pot on warm while I'm at work, and dinner is served. :)
  • carholl
    carholl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • purpleheart416
    purpleheart416 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump