How old is to old to get your first Tattoo??

Options

Replies

• whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    oops i thought it said how old were you when u got ur first tattoo!! i think 45 is too old to get your 1st.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Never, EVER, too old!!! I love the two I got and will probably get more as I can.

I agree i love my 4 and im planning to add onto all of them and get sleves! tattoos are awesome and if ppl dont like them on me.....they dont have to be my friend im cool with that :)
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My aunt is 76, and last year she got tribal face tats, a full chest/collar, and both her shoulders. Just got the beginning to a sleeve on her forearm this year.

Never really too old.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Never too old.

This.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    If you are in full posession of your wit then I really think there's no such thing as "too old".

Damnit!

Still getting one.
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    lots of people missing the point of the question...
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Age doesn't matter....its all about attitude and a great tattoo artist. :)
  • michaelachaos
    Options
    You are never too old! And, honestly, who is so important that they can judge you!
    Go, do whatever you want, AS LONG AS YOU'RE HAPPY!
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I got my first on the day of my 18th birthday. I'll be 28 next month, and I plan on getting more. My mom is in her 50s and she wants to get one. I'm planning on having her go to my artist, once she moves closer. Hopefully this summer I can take her.

Edit... I'll be 28 in March. Don't know why I was thinking it was Feb already.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    oops i thought it said how old were you when u got ur first tattoo!! i think 45 is too old to get your 1st.

Really? Why?
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I think it's better when your older. I got one RIGHT after turning 18. I don't dislike it, don't 100% regret it... But If I could go back, I wouldnt do it again. Luckly it's small and not somewhere really noticeable... least I was smart about that!
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I guess I will be the voice of dissent here...I am 40 and I don't have a tattoo but in my 20's I seriously wanted one---went to shops with my friends to got them. Somehow I always backed out at the last minute. Thank goodness....because every one of my friends who got one then...regrets it today!! At my age....nothing can compel me to get one...so YES you can be too old!! OLDER AND WISER!!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I don't have any right now and don't plan on getting one anytime soon. But it's funny, because one item on my bucket list is to get a large, artistic tattoo when I'm in my 80s or 90s. Because at that point, why the hell not?
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I believe you are never too old. I am almost 48 and will be getting one this year - just trying to decide what exactly I want. My 20 year old daughter just got her first one that is for her two brothers in the Marine Corps and I love it. For me - I want it to be something meaningful.
  • fdny9943
    fdny9943 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Got my first last year when I turned 49. have the next one planned already and I think someone else has more planned for me too!!!!!

Never to old!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm......85?

Wrong, when I had one done for charity a couple years ago there was an 85 year old woman getting her first one and when asked WHY? she said "The money goes to a good cause and if I really hate it who cares I am gonna die in 10 years anyways"

That's fantastic!
  • sethtrigg
    Options
    i was 18, i wanted it way before that but my parents wouldnt let me
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Never too old. I fully intend to get a tattoo on my 100th bday. Probably somewhere obvious like my forehead. I figure if I make it that long I deserve to do whatever the hell I want to :)
  • christy3565
    Options
    I got my first tattoo last year on my birthday when I turned 44 :tongue:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When you're dead.

Because that's just cruel to tattoo artist.