Options
    I am 5'6

SW: 202
    CW: 165
    GW; 145
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Im almost 5'5" and my first goal is 150 , assess from there then 140, assess again and maybe, at the lightest 130.
  • moraid
    moraid Posts: 10
    Options
    5'5 with a SW of around 140. Looking to get the BF number down rather than weight as no longer toned...have been lazy with my food and exercise!!
    CW is 127/8.

Any encouragement/adds/tips welcome.

Heres to a healthier year :-)
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's really pretty low for that height. Is there a reason you are shooting for that low? I'm 5'6, the lowest I would ever go (and would be extremely hard for me to get there) is 125. Generally, my "happy" weight is just under 135. (ie, can drink wine, have snacks and maintain = happy weight!)

That's great for you! Drinking/having snacks and maintaining is always awesome. I don't have a particular reason for wanting to go that low, I just like the number. I really, highly doubt that I'll ever get there. I hopefully want to maintain around 110. I've been under 120 for most of my life, even when I was eating everything in the house. I've just got a small frame, so excess fat is a lot more obvious.

I also agree that 100 lbs seems like a low weight, HOWEVER I think maybe you should look into lifting weights :) I know alot of forums on here have mentioned Staci the powerlifter http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ Maybe this approach would help you since you said an excess fat on your frame seems to obvious to you. I know there is a huge debate on fasting (I don't fast for weight loss but I have fasted before for World Vision's 30 hr famine), however, maybe lifting might work out better for you in terms of getting to your goal body :) Personally I have to agree that the "after" pics of Staci look frigging AWESOME (@ 142 lbs), even compared to her 117 lb photos :)
  • jackierosemc
    Options
    I'm 5ft5

SW: 143
    CW: 136
    GW: 126
    UGW: 116
  • midnightmorgana
    Options
    That's really pretty low for that height. Is there a reason you are shooting for that low? I'm 5'6, the lowest I would ever go (and would be extremely hard for me to get there) is 125. Generally, my "happy" weight is just under 135. (ie, can drink wine, have snacks and maintain = happy weight!)

That's great for you! Drinking/having snacks and maintaining is always awesome. I don't have a particular reason for wanting to go that low, I just like the number. I really, highly doubt that I'll ever get there. I hopefully want to maintain around 110. I've been under 120 for most of my life, even when I was eating everything in the house. I've just got a small frame, so excess fat is a lot more obvious.

I also agree that 100 lbs seems like a low weight, HOWEVER I think maybe you should look into lifting weights :) I know alot of forums on here have mentioned Staci the powerlifter http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ Maybe this approach would help you since you said an excess fat on your frame seems to obvious to you. I know there is a huge debate on fasting (I don't fast for weight loss but I have fasted before for World Vision's 30 hr famine), however, maybe lifting might work out better for you in terms of getting to your goal body :) Personally I have to agree that the "after" pics of Staci look frigging AWESOME (@ 142 lbs), even compared to her 117 lb photos :)

I'll look into that, thanks! :D
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and about 115. I'm desperately trying to GAIN! I'd like to be 125 and 15% body fat. I lift heavy and eat right, but this has proven to be extremely challenging. Sigh.....

there is no way you will gain weight with a goal of 1600 cals....

Thanks for the comment, but you do not know my history or what I'm dealing with at the moment. I've been through a bulk cycle in the past and gained 4.5lbs of LBM. I know exactly what to do and my friends here can attest to that.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and about 115. I'm desperately trying to GAIN! I'd like to be 125 and 15% body fat. I lift heavy and eat right, but this has proven to be extremely challenging. Sigh.....

What makes YOU an expert on what's right for Lauren? What are your credentials? She is not a novice, she knows what she's doing. Everyone's body is different.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Christmas put me back up to almost 170 which is my highest ever I think I'm back down to around 165 but won't weigh until tomorrow. My current goal is to get back down to 150 then see where I am, I know I won't go under 130, I think for my height anything under that would look unhealthy. My real goal is pants size not weight, I want to be back down to a size 8, maybe 6 which is when I felt my best, right now some of my 10's are a little tight so I have a little bit of work ahead of me. I am 5'5.5 which my husband makes fun of me for saying but I like seeing all of the 5's in a row :)
  • LiveLife13
    LiveLife13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'5"-ish. I weighed about 135 a few years ago, and that felt good. Although because I'm small boned, I had to really work my arms so they didn't look sickly. 135-138 is a good place for me--that's size 6, some 4's for my frame (long legs). I'm at 154 now.
  • MeStephy
    MeStephy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6" the heaviest I have been was 172.

CW: 155
    GW: 135
  • meve3681
    meve3681 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my UGW is 150. I am currently 170 and a size 10 so dropping 20 pounds will make a big difference. I think at our height anything below 130 is going in the unhealthy range. Of course, everyone is different.
  • jillm85
    jillm85 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5ft6 im 123 pounds want down to 119
  • dcoulterd
    Options
    Isn't that below a healthy weight for our height?
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    5'6
    Current: 129
    Goal: 116-119
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options

Thanks for the comment, but you do not know my history or what I'm dealing with at the moment. I've been through a bulk cycle in the past and gained 4.5lbs of LBM. I know exactly what to do and my friends here can attest to that.

Agreed. Lauren is a great role model for healthy living and figure out what works. It's ignorant to just tell people on the forums they don't know what they're doing. If you're an expert and truly concerned you are welcome to send anyone a PM.

If anything is clear from the posts here it is that people have a WIDE range of happy weights for this weight (as is true with any height really). It depends on body type, body composition, and personal preference.

I'm around 5'5.5" and I am looking to get into the 130's.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Based on your awesome pics, I think you know what you're doing!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    5'5 currently at 134.4 goal under 130 :smile:
  • HClark9589
    HClark9589 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was 250 at my highest a year ago and i'm 209 now. I've maintained it for the past 6 months but platoed so here I am again. I want to get down to 150. I'm a solid girl. I was reading some of the goals for you ladies who are 5'5 n 5'6 who want to be 110. That's a bit extreme for me but good luck to you. I hope 110 is a healthy weight for you because anorexia is not healthy.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I would like to settle anywhere in between 125-135.