What keeps you feeling full longer?

Options
13»

Replies

• jodipettyjohn
    Options
    What is your macro ratio? Im lost.. I starve all day if I start my day off with Oatmeal. I do amazing if I opt for eggs.. IDK im stuck and sort of confused as to what I should really be eating...
  • SoontirFel
    SoontirFel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and bacon....sometimes together.

OMG! You mean my man isn't the only one to do this.

How about:

Peanut butter and breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean Hot in the roll package)
    Peanut butter and Miracle Whip on Ritz Crackers
    I prefer my bacon with some chocolate - preferrably around 85% dark.

Peanut Butter and Bacon makes EVERYTHING better.
  • rae_rae330
    rae_rae330 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump

I have the same problem...hungry every couple of hours. definitely need to check out some of these ideas!
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    From looking at your diary I see that half your carbs come from sugar. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But complex carbs will keep you full longer
  • iSarahMay
    Options
    the only breakfast that keeps me full for a long time always incorporates oatmeal.

This goes for me too!!!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you eat oatmeal, cereal, yogurt or even in your tea just add a couple dashes of cinnamon powder. It's antioxidant and helps you to feel fuller for a longer period of time. I use cinnamon everyday in my breakfast.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Nuts, preferrably raw like cashew's, almonds, pecans & macadamias. I eat peanuts too. Coffee &/or tea as well...
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    ?..eating more....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It is possible to spot reduce when it come to muscle. You can choose where your body chooses to use fat, but you can certainly choose which muscle shrink, just as you can choose which grow. Do intense strength training your leg and torso muscles and less intense for your arms.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can relate to what you are facing. When I eat breakfast at 7 am, by 9:30 am I am starving too. So you know what I do? I EAT!! :tongue:

Seriously. I eat six times a day and I feel its key to how I lost 50 pounds in 4.5 months. I think that getting hungry every 2-3 hours just shows that your metabolism is revved up and that is a GOOD thing.

One of the things that keeps our metabolism revved and keeps our body willing to release fat instead of storing it is keeping our blood sugar very even through the day. If you go a long time between meals, it can dip way down. Then after a big meal, it goes way up. The up-down interferes with healthy metabolism.

So I eat at least two usually three snacks a day. I find snacks that are low fat and low carb and usually about 100 calories. And ideal have some protein too. At work, I always have a bar or two in my pocket or snack baggie of chips. I eat between breakfast/lunch, again about 2-3 hours after lunch, and then depending on how late I get dinner, I might have another half-snack about 2 hours after last snack and 2 hours before dinner. After dinner I don't get hungry and don't snack.

At first it seemed kind of inconvenient and I had to set alarms to remind myself to snack. Now it's second nature! I NEVER struggle with hunger. Whenever I feel hungry I eat! And whenever I'm not eating, I'm drinking plain water. So I never feel deprived. I love it.

Edit: And btw, I eat small meals in order to eat so many snacks. Same calories per day, just sliced into 6 instead of 3....
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually oatmeal with peanut butter and almond milk (This is my fave!) or egg whites with ham and cheese and plenty of veggies. Add a cup of coffee with Splenda and a lil creamer or some tea.

Lunch/Dinner I try to eat broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans, and/ or a salad most nights. Lean chicken or another protein (eggs, beans, tuna fish, salmon, other fish, turkey, pork, rarely beef)

Lots of water

After working out, I try to eat a Luna bar or an apple/pretzels w/PB or nuts.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Some others have mentioned it, but I have had a lot of success this time around with Greek yogurt. I eat two cups (like, Chobani cups) for breakfast and they keep me full for a long time.