Would you Date/Marry an Older Man or Woman?

Options

Replies

• Morningstar93
    Options
    My love of my life, he is 14 years older than me. And the perfect man for me, there are way more benefits to age gaps than people can imagine. :heart: Love is Love :heart:
  • MegDaig
    MegDaig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My SO is 13 years older and not a single damn is given.

I think age difference is mostly a taboo deal when we are in school...I know we've all thought the senior dating a freshman was just odd. As we get older I don't think age is as big of a deal. I like to joke with my BF when he tells a story and references his age or where he was in school..."when you were a senior I was in kindergarten"....makes him sound dirty. :D
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I prefer older men. My experience is they treat women better. Especially if the woman is younger.

This
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    when i was 20 I would. now that i'm in my 30s probably not. i'd hate to think i'd want kids and my wife already hit that menopausal stage.
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My husband is 14 years older than me. A mature man who can do dishes, manage his own laundry, and will buy me tampons at the store when it's his turn to do the shopping.

I acquired him gently broken in, but not broken!
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When I was much younger I liked older guys by several years. Now I have a thing for hot younger men. I think it is more a sexual thing tho.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Age is nothing but a number. All about attraction and comparability.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm 24, so dating someone say, 35... wouldn't be so bad if they were vibrant, outgoing, hopefully in shape or working towards that, attractive & had a great personality. :happy:
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    My husband is 8 1/2 years my senior & we've been very happily married and have three awsome kids! I can't imagine ever being with anyone else.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My husband is 10 years older than me (wouldn't say he acts his age though!)... we are coming up for our 20th wedding anniversay this year. It's all good.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I used to think that I would need someone my age or near it, but the man I am marrying is 7 years older and we just click! He's mature and thoughtful and loving. :) I don't think it's just an age thing... everyone matures differently and in some cases they just don't mature at all.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yup. My husband is ten years older than me (physically), and I'm 20 years older than him (mentally).
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking at this point I would prefer an older man. The guys my age tend to be really immature.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Yup. My husband is ten years older than me (physically), and I'm 20 years older than him (mentally).

snap.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    My past two real girlfriends were 9 and 10 years younger. They are fun, but immature and don't know what they want.
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    My SO is 13 years older and not a single damn is given.

I think age difference is mostly a taboo deal when we are in school...I know we've all thought the senior dating a freshman was just odd. As we get older I don't think age is as big of a deal. I like to joke with my BF when he tells a story and references his age or where he was in school..."when you were a senior I was in kindergarten"....makes him sound dirty. :D

Exactly, it sounds so dirty when they talk about stuff and I say I was still in nappies then :laugh:
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sure, I would be happy to date and marry an older man if the opportunity arose. Age is just a number.
  • xRedHeaterx
    xRedHeaterx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My husband is 10 years older than me (wouldn't say he acts his age though!)... we are coming up for our 20th wedding anniversay this year. It's all good.

Congratulations! Its good to see so many positive stories in this thread.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I prefer them older....At least 5 years :) I'm 25 so I prefer to date 30-35 (though 35 is pushing it....)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

This. My fiance is 9 years and some change older than me, but still says, "I'm like a sixteen year old." Hard to get the older man experience that way...

I, er, have dabbled with far older men though... WHERE'S EMMA TO BACK ME UP HERE?