are you a slow or fast eater?????????

Options
13»

Replies

• ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm a very fast eater, it's like I just inhale my food! Trying to work on slowing down though.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Gobble my food down fast. Trying to be better. My whole family is like that, we are piggles lol
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I am an awkwardly fast eater.

I am done and ready to go by the time everyone has put their salt and pepper on.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow eater - always the last one at the table. Unless of course I'm with my mom, then she's the last one, because she eats slower than I do. :tongue: Years ago I was having a meal with mom and my grandfather, and HE was the last one to finish, and I realized where we get it from! LOL

Hubby's family is the opposite. Father-in-law grew up in a family of 10 kids - you ate fast or you didn't get seconds! :bigsmile: Needless to say, when I'm out with my in-laws, I'm definitely the last one to finish!
  • Km0714
    Km0714 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i'm an incredibly fast eater, got it from my father! it's terrible, i try to go as slow as i can!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    HI ALL :D

I was just wondering what kind of eater you are...

Are you the fast eater who downs their food within 5 min of making it or do you really savoir the taste and eat slow..
    was just wondering because i hear that eating your meal slow will make your brain send signals to your stomach that your full & you wont eat as much & because you chew so much more than what you do when you eat fast??

thoughts anyone?????????

I am a slow eater who savours every morsel ... Always have been.
  • buella85
    Options
    I definitely wolf my food down. Really trying to work on it! It doesn't help that I usually eat dinner on a couch or in my bed. It would be better if I ate at the table like a normal person. I'm also always multi-tasking. Breakfast is being cooked while getting ready and eaten while getting dressed...lol
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My job has made me a fast eater. I only have 10 minutes for breaks and 15 for lunch. I have to eat fast because lately, I don't even know if I will GET a break....

...that being said, even at home I tend to eat fast now out of habit. I really am trying to slow it down....
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    it's definitely true, eating slower gives your mind time to tell you that you're indeed full (or not, then feel free to keep eating a bit)
    I'm generally a slow eater, but I've always been. always the last to finish a meal, people made fun of me for it but I guess it's a good thing now!

The only thing I eat fast is anything chocolate related... :S
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I eat too fast. Part of my brain seems to think I'm still bulimic, even though I haven't binged nor purged in four years.
  • jacontrak
    jacontrak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love food and taking time to savor it and loving it is what has me where I am today. SLLOOW
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    it's definitely true, eating slower gives your mind time to tell you that you're indeed full (or not, then feel free to keep eating a bit)

While this is true, it only really matters if you're not controlling your portions. If you just keep eating until you feel full then being a fast eater is bad, but if you're eating a set amount it doesn't really matter.

I'm a fast eater. Sometimes when I finish my portion, I don't feel full yet. It's tempting to go eat something else. But if I drink some water and just distract myself after 10 mins my body will realise I actually am full and will stop asking for food.

The only times I eat slowly is when I really want to savour things, and it's a struggle e.g. if I'm giving myself a small portion of crisps (I could keep eating crisps forever mindlessly), I'll try to eat them slowly and draw it out so I don't crave more.
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I'm a faster eater, unfortunately... I work at a school with special needs kids, so speed is of the essence! :smile:
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    because i hear that eating your meal slow will make your brain send signals to your stomach that your full & you wont eat as much & because you chew so much more than what you do when you eat fast??

YES, this is true. I lost 10lbs by eating slower and enjoying my food. It's very meditative for me and makes meals special. Also, if you pay attention to what you eat while you are eating it (rather than shoveling it in mindlessly or anxiously) you notice when you get tired of it, or when you are full and it is time to stop eating.

It is also important to only eat when you are truly hungry. All of this can be a real challenge, especially if you are an emotional eater! There are books on the subject of intuitive eating that have helped me tremendously!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Fast. I eat like there is no tomorrow!
    My sister, who weighs about 50-75 pounds more than I do, is an incredibly slow eater. Like... Everyone-else-has-left-the-restaurant slow!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Super fast - I have two little kids and rarely get to sit down in front of my plate before it gets cold. If I don't eat fast, I won't get to finish the meal! However, if I am out and kid-less... I take my sweet time and enjoy every wonderful bite. Not just to feel full faster but to actually TASTE the food! I am trying to slow down but I hate a cold meal unless its meant to be that way!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow eater. It's not really a conscious decision on my part. I've just always been a slow eater.
    It never stopped me from overeating back when I was overweight though.
    I still have to be aware of how much I eat.