any1200 calorie ladies want to be friends

Options
I am eating 1200 calories and so far went from 220 pounds to 190 pounds and continuing to lose. I would love to be friends with all the ladies who eat that way.

Replies

• ncbraun
    ncbraun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sounds just like me starting 228 down 7 pounds first week doing 1200 calories and the bowflex six weekchallenge, on my off days I do cardio on the treadmill!
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, I started at 220, got down to 190, then 183, went back up to 190 and am trying to lose 20 more lbs. I'm at 1200 cals too, as long as you put your time in at the gym, you can eat as much (healthy) food as you want, its great! I lost almost 40 lbs in 3 months to prove it =D
  • kilham
    kilham Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WOW! 1200 calories? Is that a hard adjustment? What does your daily food look like? I lowered my calorie intake to 1650. It isn't difficult to stay in range of that, but having trouble with keeping my fat grams under! Any advice and/ tricks?
  • mlouise62
    mlouise62 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do 1250 a day. I have one meal (around 500 calories) and a protein bar or shake the other two. (And several nutritious snacks during the day as well. It's only a few days (this time) but going good.
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    I'll send you a request! I'm definitely finding it difficult to stick to 1200...but I know I just need to add more fruits and veggies to my meals/snacks instead of carbs... working on it!!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    sometimes it's easier to calculate your tdee and then subtract 300-500 from that, a lot of people i know doing 1200 find themselves hungry a lot, and end up binging or having a hard time with it. if you are doing great on it then kudos to you :]
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I find it very strange no one that is eating 1600, 1800 or 2000+ and losing is opening threads like this one. Don't think I've seen any so far. There is no need for most people to eat this little to lose. I ate 1200 for quite a while till I was told it was very low and i'm only short and am older too.
  • cjburke12
    cjburke12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day. You can add me if you'd like. I'm on everyday.
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm under 1300 most days...feel free to add me. sometimes just under 1200 but make up for it on the weekends:)
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend and I have an open diary if you are ever curious.
  • geminijai
    Options
    I'm doing 1200, too... I tend to burn 350-1800 calories a day, though, depending on my workout. I'm training for a half-marathon and Sundays are my long run days (hence the 1800 max burn) and that's when I tend to splurge as a "cheat" day. Would love to make new friends for motivation and find out what sort of meals all the 1200 girls are eating to stay at or below that caloric intake :)

Thanks,
    Jaime

Height: 5'3"
    CW 162
    GW 130
  • LadyVivica
    LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have about 300 cals a meal and drink a half gallon of water a day. Breakfast I have a simple yogurt, fruit, protein powder smoothie, then a snack at work like a cookie or doughnut, then lunch i have turkey bacon, 2 fried eggs, and cheese. Afternoon snack is a protein bar and then dinner is seasoned chicken or fish with broccoli, edamame, or some other veggie I can find.

If I don't work out then I may go over my 1200 by a tad, but working out even for only an hour really helps with the cal count. And having a piece of chocolate (dark/bittersweet) or having one treat in moderation really helps with craving food you can't eat.
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm game. took off like crazy on 1200...tapered off some but managed to keep nearly all of it off. Started at 250 now at 183ish. Hitting it hard to finish what I started. Give me an invite, be glad to share ideas. :wink:
  • kittycat38
    Options
    I am on 1200 calories, I just started recently. I weigh 199 and feel overwhelmed with how much I have to loose. I have 4 kids and work full time trying to figure out how to fit all the planning and exercise ..
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ladyvivica, kittycat38...add me as a friend too if you would like. your stories are similar to my own Thanks
  • imadyer
    imadyer Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes! Feel free to add me. I've been vegetarian for several years, so I've always eaten lots of beans. But recently, I've switched to lentils. They pack a good bit of protein without many calories. I often add 1/4 cup of lentils to my bowl of soup or whatever I'm having for lunch and it helps me feel full without going over my 1200 calorie allotment.
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1210 at the moment. I don't tend to Net 1200 as my workouts are at the end of the day and tend to claw back 500-700 cals from me after my eating is done.

I don't have that much trouble staying under, but as I workout most days I will eat at least half of my exercise cals back as if I don't I feel as though I can't function. I NEVER go hungry- if that means going over a little I will.

Feel free to add me- I eat real foods- including chocolate, pizza, lollies- moderation is key ;)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    If 1200+eating exercise calories then youre doing it right.
    If 1200 and not eating exercise calories youre doing it wrong.

Hugs!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I try to stay under 1200 with healthy foods, every once in a while crap sneeks in but ill get better with that soon. feel free to add me
  • kilham
    kilham Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have about 300 cals a meal and drink a half gallon of water a day. Breakfast I have a simple yogurt, fruit, protein powder smoothie, then a snack at work like a cookie or doughnut, then lunch i have turkey bacon, 2 fried eggs, and cheese. Afternoon snack is a protein bar and then dinner is seasoned chicken or fish with broccoli, edamame, or some other veggie I can find.

If I don't work out then I may go over my 1200 by a tad, but working out even for only an hour really helps with the cal count. And having a piece of chocolate (dark/bittersweet) or having one treat in moderation really helps with craving food you can't eat.

Thanks for this response. I'm starting to find my stride. Really trying to find a low-fat way of living I can live with!