How old is to old to get your first Tattoo??

Options

Replies

• kitsuneandy
    Options
    Definitely never too old.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    After you are dead, other than that, never too old.
    this
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    You are never too old!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Some elderly people do get skin that tears really easily; in which case, their skin doesn't regenerate well enough to have something like that done.

I can think of a few situations in which I might decide to get a tattoo. So far the time and expense just doesn't do it for me. But, who knows? Maybe someday.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Never. In fact after reading this thread I am going to pick out a sweet tat to have done AFTER I die. It might take a bit of planning to find an artist who is willing to do it, but for the right price I'm sure I'll find someone.

And I think once I turn 45 I'm going to get a big one that says "Cause I Can" just to pi$$ off whoever said it's too late.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too old ;)
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I think it's better when your older. I got one RIGHT after turning 18. I don't dislike it, don't 100% regret it... But If I could go back, I wouldnt do it again. Luckly it's small and not somewhere really noticeable... least I was smart about that!

Thank your husband for his service.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Some elderly people do get skin that tears really easily; in which case, their skin doesn't regenerate well enough to have something like that done.

I can think of a few situations in which I might decide to get a tattoo. So far the time and expense just doesn't do it for me. But, who knows? Maybe someday.

And your son!
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    How old is too old? IMO, you're always too old for a tatoo. Not a big fan of them, and have never had one (even being retired Navy). I'm not a big fan of needles, anyway. I have almost passed out having those little vials of blood drawn for a physical.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I just turned 65 and I am thinking of getting one when I reach my goal...just to freak out my kids...LOL!
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It's never too old..if you want it, go for it! Love my ink and want way more, do not wanna stop :)
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wanted a small ladybug on my foot really bad - when I turned 16 my mom took me to get it...the tattoo artist said, he would rather wait till I was 18. I never went back for it, and I'm 31 now, and still tattoo free. I'm not against them, I just can't think of anything I'd want on me for the rest of my life. I think waiting till 18 should be the age to wait till you get one...and you're never to old to get your first one or last one :)
  • Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would say dead. Dead is definitely too old.

If you're not there yet, go for it.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Never!
  • amped001
    Options
    never too old!!! I got some when I was 19 and now at 40 they look horrible!! So, I figure, get them at 40 or after and age won't show up on them so badly.:wink:
  • plumeaux
    Options
    I agree, never too old! But I always wonder what it will look like when I get to be in my 70's.....Oh who cares? Ya only live once! I'll be a cool grandma! :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I just turned 65 and I am thinking of getting one when I reach my goal...just to freak out my kids...LOL!

My mom recently got her first one at 62. We were talking about doing family tattoos and she wanted in on it. In fact, she's the only one who has had it done so far. Didn't freak us out at all. We think it's pretty awesome. :)
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    No age limit...and the first one is sooooo exciting!! Not to say the rest aren't haha
  • khummel1966
    khummel1966 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just got my first tattoo for my 46th birthday last November. Of course, it helped that it was my "reward" for losing my first 25 lbs too. Go for it - as long as it makes you happy, who cares what anyone else thinks :smile: