Options
    LOL now since when are sproutrs bad for ya? :huh:

next people will be saying ALL fruit and veg are bad! :noway:

And then perhaps water....and air
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Me and bread are homies.
    You can catch me sniffing the loaves in the bakery section, it's our 'hello, how you doin'?' thing.

I am TOTALLY a fresh bread sniffer!!!
  • maryannville
    maryannville Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Some of the foods on this list are not bad as in you will DIE if you eat them. But some things have unnecessary chemicals, potential strange bacteria and pesticides, etc. and potential for carrying bad things on them. Some of the other things on the list are either hard to digest, or are just very unknown that why would you want to put them into your body! I think it is a great list. Of course we will still eat some of them, but it is a good guide to follow I think. Thanks for sharing!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I eat non-organic berries, diet soda, not mcdonalds but I eat in carls jr every now and then, burguers, corn, chocolate including white once i a while, wheat bread pretty much everyday, artificial sweeteners and microwave popcorn... I guess this diet wont make me lose weight damn it :sick:
  • xachooo
    xachooo Posts: 42
    Options
    I can at least think of some sort of reason for most of those things on the list (bread= refined, carbs, blah blah; swordfish and heavy metal; strawberries and antifungals and other shiz) but canned tomatoes????

anyone with an answer as to how those are on this list??
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This list is so random.
    Kara Thrace <3

To the OP: That list is full of absurdity.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I can at least think of some sort of reason for most of those things on the list (bread= refined, carbs, blah blah; swordfish and heavy metal; strawberries and antifungals and other shiz) but canned tomatoes????

anyone with an answer as to how those are on this list??

they're red
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know why canned tomatoes are on the list. It's because tomatoes are acidic and can linings have BPA in them.

I'm not saying you shouldn't eat them, just answering the question.
  • Lincolnlady217
    Lincolnlady217 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    What the heck did white chocolate do to get on this list? Sheesh! :(
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    This is so stupid. If you like it, eat it. Who cares? I eat most of those things. Whats next, the top 30 foods that will kill you?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    LOL now since when are sproutrs bad for ya? :huh:

next people will be saying ALL fruit and veg are bad! :noway:
    I can at least give the why on this one- they're one of the most likely foods to be e-coli contaminated.

Actually, I could give the why on all of them, and they're all different. It might have been useful information to post with the seemingly random list. My providing this information does in no way mean I support eliminating the bunch. I stand by trans fats being the only food worth a "bad food" categorization.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    This is so stupid. If you like it, eat it. Who cares? I eat most of those things. Whats next, the top 30 foods that will kill you?
    Everybody who eats anything dies eventually. Scientifically proven fact.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Here's an article from Yahoo that I found interesting and worthy to share:

14 Foods You Should Cut From Your Diet: http://health.yahoo.net/articles/nutrition/photos/14-foods-you-should-cut-your-diet#0

This article specifically calls out foods you should avoid, why you should avoid them, and an alternative to consider.

Swordfish
    Nonorganic Strawberries
    Diet Soda
    Anything from McDonald's
    Canned Tomatoes
    Bread
    Industrially Produced Hamburger
    Corn
    White Chocolate
    Artificial Sweeteners
    Sprouts
    Butter-Flavored Microwave Popcorn
    Food Dyes
    Chain Restaurant Ice Cream

If you eat Tesco's Hamburgers it might bring out your inner racehorse and help you run faster, lol!!! (anyone not British would probably need to google this one, hahaha!) :laugh:
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i have ate at least something from that list daily and im losing weight? ohh no! haha!

big macs are buy one get one free here.. you want one?
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Every time I see posts like this it reminds me of this video:

http://youtu.be/_Re6pZri8Gw

Then I go watch it and laugh.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    out of this list I would use sprouts canned tomatoes and bread what could be wrong with those! I agree apart from swordfish which I love and cant get and strawberries the rest is rubbish anyway!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You want me to never have a peanut butter cup sundae from Friendly's again?

Uh ... no.
  • gettingfitnana303
    Options
    You made me laugh:laugh:
  • mindbodystrength
    Options
    Here's the ACTUAL list of foods you must cut from your diet to get healthy and fit:

You're welcome :) ...now get to work...
  • Garfunklette
    Garfunklette Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I saw the topic and was going to grab my popcorn, but now...