Anyone tried the Nutribullet blender ?

Options

Replies

• lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    I am obsessed with my nutribullet! It even comes with a little cookbook on how to eat healthier an recipes for your smoothies. I've had mine 4 days and make a smoothie at least twice a day.
    Clean up is so easy! I have a regular blender which is more of a pain for some reason an does not blend veggies nearly as well. The nutribullet leaves no pulp. I also have a juicer which is kind of a nightmare.
    I realized its easier to blend the veggies first by themselves an then add in fruit and re-blend. THen nothing will get stuck. :) Happy blasting
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me I'm anemic with instructions to eat green leafy vegetables every day or take iron pills. Well, I hate those pills so I bought me a Nutribullet and started blending. I make my smoothies every morning and I love it!! I pretty much follow the instructions in the booklet. Lots of greens, my favorite is kale and spinach, some fruit, and healthy add-ins ( nuts, chia seeds, or flaxseeds). I tried it with almond milk but I'm not a fan. Adding a bit of Greek yogurt is good for protein as is protein powder. Frozen banana is awesome to make it creamy. Seeds from raspberries and whole flaxseeds will not grind up, but everything else is nice and smooth. Clean up is a breeze. I look forward to my huge tumbler of green goodness every morning :) Kohl's will give you the best price if you go during a sale and happen to score a 30% off coupon. My sister has a Ninja and I had bits of fruit in my smoothie, hands down Nutribullet wins.
  • budyjames77
    Options
    Hello, I was just wondering if you would recommend the Nutribullet for mixing up pre/post workout shakes? I use a regular blender now but my shakes are gritty. I mix whey protein powder, creatine powder, beta alanine powder, and a few other ingredients(mainly powders). Would the Nutribullet be a good choice or overkill?
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    OMG I got my nutribullet a few weeks ago and LOOOOVE IT!!!
    I usually make a green smoothie everday after my morning workout and it is wonderful!!

Here is my usual:

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup almond milk
    2 handfuls spinach
    1/2 small container of vanilla greek yogurt OR cocoa almonds
    dash cinnamon

I have always substitued blueberries for strawberries and put in PB2.. delicious~!
  • izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. You can get it for about $80 without the big recipe book. It is sold at Bed Bath and Beyond for $99, and we always get the $20 off coupons in the mail for those. I highly recommend doing the product registration online as is extends it out an additional 3 months.

I play around with the fruits/veggies and add flax, wheatgrass powder, bee pollen, sometimes even my daily vitamins..lol. Have fun and find what mixture suits you. :)
  • MetSox129
    MetSox129 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love the Nutribullet. I have lost 22 pounds making Body by Vi Shakes with my Nutribullet. The shakes are amazing. It is the shake mix that tastes like a cake mix and paired with Nutribullet =Amazing. You can find out more about the Body by Vi Challenge @ www.losingmyweight.myvi.net

ViSalus is a load of crap.....juss sayin. Its a pyramid scheme. Its basically a really expensive protein powder...you'd have as good of results taking a scoop of whey protein and making a shake, and would save yourself a lot of money. My ex uses/sells the stuff, and its all about selling it. the whole "3 for free" thing just proves that its about making money, not losing weight. Of course you'll lose weight when you have 2 shakes a day for 400 total calories instead of consuming 2 meals at 400-600 each
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lots of great info in this post. I'm planning to get a nutribullet soon. I have a blender and a juicer. I like juicing at night because it's a light late "snack" and easy to consume before bed. BUT I hate wasting the pulp so I had been freezing it with the intent of trying some pulp recipes. None were that exciting so I've been planning to use it in afternoon snack smoothies instead. Glad I found this post :)
  • meylina
    Options
    I just got the nutribullet, I want to follow the program but everything is so expensive specially like the dried fruits, we are a family of four and we all want in hahaha...
  • jennsea
    jennsea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I purchased one last weekend, I love it so far, I'm a lazy cook so it is awesome for me being able to just chuck stuff in a cup whiz it up and voila... a meal! I usually do handfull of spinach, apple, banana, and various fruits, usually pineapple, and try to mix it up, had grapes in it yesterday and that was awesome. It takes a minute to clean it out. The only downfall is that I have to go shopping more often for my fruits and veg but at least I'm downing fresh fruits and veg daily! I prefer it to juicing as I love having a thick smoothie rather than a juice. I say go for it. I will repost when it breaks.. I actually love drinking my fruits n veg so much I decided to purchase a vitamix seeing the reviews that people have had them for 20 yrs plus.. I'm sure my nutri bullet wont last as long but in the meantime it does a great job and it's portable so I can take it to work if need be or some take it on vacation, which I just might do in the future!
    The other perk is that you just use a little of this a little of that and don't need the huge bag of carrots, apples, etc that you would with a juicer, just a bit at a time..
  • IPuente1
    Options
    I just purchased one and I loved it.
  • titanium2012
    Options
    I have been researching ways to make green smoothies and while this product seems appealing, I worry about it's lasting power. Has anybody had it for longer than 6 months? It seems like the only person who has said it broke. I really don't wanna drop $80-100 on something that will only last a few months.
  • forsch45
    Options
    I bought my wife a $300 Breville juicer last year. She loves it and has lost a good amount of weight using it. Well about a month ago I bought the Nutribullet at the recommendation of a friend. I read the instructions that night with the plan to use it in the morning.

When I got up my wife was making her juices for the day (breakfast and lunch). She had been doing so for about 10 to 15 minutes and then started to disassemble the juicer for cleaning. I walked out and made a breakfast shake with the Nutribullet. I got everything out and made my shake. I then cleaned the Nutribullet and walked away, in LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES! My wife was still cleaning the juicer. It was hilarious. She now uses the Nutribullet most of the time because of the fast and easy use.

I’m not trying to talk bad about the Breville juicer. It’s a fantastic machine and does what it does very well. The drawback is you will use a lot of produce and the cleanup is extensive. The Nutribullet is fast, easy and the clean-up is super fast (wash the cup and blade assembly, that’s it).

As for recipes there are a bunch of different ways you can go. I don’t like stuff that tastes bad, probably like most people. My wife is able to drink some of her juices that taste like lighter fluid (I’m not kidding!)

I prefer mostly fruit, but I do always start with green leafy vegetables. I add nuts and flax or chia seeds as well. I have used water, coconut water and flavored water. You can follow the suggestions in the book, and then use that premise to create flavors you like. It is very easy and I do like to use some frozen fruit to make the drink cold. Remember some stuff will make it thick and some will make it thin. My favorite drinks are listed below.

Handful of spinach
    Six chunks of fresh pineapple (frozen pineapple chunks sold at Costco)
    Six slices of frozen peaches (sold at Costco)
    1/8 cup flax or chia seed
    1/4 cup raw almonds
    Coconut water to max line

Handful of spinach
    Mixed frozen berries (sold at Costco)
    Six chunks of fresh pineapple or Six slices of frozen peaches
    1/8 cup flax or chia seed
    1/4 cup raw cashews
    Coconut water to max line

The key is to make the drink the consistency you like. You do this by adding more or less liquid. A great way to thin the mixture is to pour it into a blender bottle and add additional water to thin it out. I like to put it into the blender bottle and drink it on my way to work. The bottles don’t leak and you can keep the contents mixed if they start to separate a little. You can get the blender bottles all over the place. I purchased several from Amazon.

The key is to get off of your rear and do something. The Nutribullet makes it so easy and fast to do there really is not an excuse not to. The cost is also cheaper because you are not going through a ton of produce. As other poster have reported, you will feel better. I have not had coffee since I have been drinking the shake each day, and I work graveyard.

Good luck.
  • tish9
    tish9 Posts: 1
    Options
    How do you document the calories used in a blast?
  • XDiet_SlayerX
    Options
    I recommend the ninja kitchen system 1200-- I got mine for $120 and it does so much more. I heard the bullet still leaves heavy pulp.
    I agree. Makes my life easier!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    We have fruit and veggie smothies every morning made with our nutribullet. Love that thing :blushing:
    I started off buying organic frozen fruits but found they had little to no flavor. Now I purchase in bulk and when fruit becomes nice and ripe, I chop and freeze myself.

I usually start with mango, kale with rib removed, canned lychee, fresh frozen pineapple, blueberries, peach, carrot, etc. I like to weigh out my produce, about 30 to 50 grams of each. I like to use unsweetened coconut water instead of plain water.

I use the milling blade and my magic bullet to grind flax seeds to a fine powder and add this as well as a couple of almonds, pumpkin seeds, and the like.

It really did make my cravings for sugary foods disappear. It fills me up until lunch without bogging me down. I use it as a way to get in my fruit, veggies and fiber in one shot so that everything else I eat during the day is a bonus.:drinker:
  • Krvenson
    Options
    I brought mine and live it. I see some prople talk about the taste. That depends on what you put in it. Lots of veggies but aldo fruit to cut the bitter taste. Try orange pineapple apples grapes etc
  • t_kacz
    t_kacz Posts: 2
    Options
    Just purchased the Nutribullet and waiting to recieve it! Can't wait to start using it!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was just wondering if you would recommend the Nutribullet for mixing up pre/post workout shakes? I use a regular blender now but my shakes are gritty. I mix whey protein powder, creatine powder, beta alanine powder, and a few other ingredients(mainly powders). Would the Nutribullet be a good choice or overkill?

I don't think there's anything that will make creatine powder less gritty.
  • raejc
    raejc Posts: 1
    Options
    you have to add a liquid. after blending add water, or almond milk the healthiest :)