Ladies who started around 280 please come in =)

Options

Replies

• lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am down about three sizes but I did make a discovery. I am still wearing alot of my clothes even though they are loose because I don't want to buy a bunch of new stuff while in transition. I have found that if my under garments fit correctly the loose clothes aren't as bothersome. I am down three sizes in underwear and bra band soon to be four. so I have been buying a few new under garments every few weeks. After 30 pounds I started seeing alot of changes....still going strong. Good luck-:smile:
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and started at my highest weight I wan in a size 28 at 320 pounds, maybe more (I wouldn't get on a scale). When I started MFP I was 288 in a size 24. I am currently in a size 20 at 260. They, like yours, are baggy. I can get into a size 18 and once they stretch, they are fine but I don't simply because they are just too uncomfortable for me till they do. I got down to 250 at one point and then even the 18's were a little baggy...I guess it just depends on our body type. I am tall and carry my weight well. People are amazed when I tell them how much I weigh. Even with the weight, I still have the hourglass figure.. Not really an apple or a pear...
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and started at my highest weight I wan in a size 28 at 320 pounds, maybe more (I wouldn't get on a scale). When I started MFP I was 288 in a size 24. I am currently in a size 20 at 260. They, like yours, are baggy. I can get into a size 18 and once they stretch, they are fine but I don't simply because they are just too uncomfortable for me till they do. I got down to 250 at one point and then even the 18's were a little baggy...I guess it just depends on our body type. I am tall and carry my weight well. People are amazed when I tell them how much I weigh. Even with the weight, I still have the hourglass figure.. Not really an apple or a pear shape
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and started out at 253.6lbs in a size 20, and am now 241.4 and still in a size 20. I can get down as far as 220 and still be in size 20....I think it's this butt I carry around with me...but it just seems that when I go to put a smaller size on that I have nasty muffin top. :sad: So I don't even attempt a smaller size until my 20's are damn near falling off.
  • managerdawn6
    managerdawn6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Whenever I lose weight I tend to lose it first in my legs then my face. Most noticeably. Same problem as you. I am sure it will be the same once I lose a lot more. People who make the clothes tend to think that all women are as big in the legs as their stomach. IDK its hard but we will make it I am sure!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 5inches and started at 279lbs. I was originally a size 18 - 22 but have done down to a size 14 - 16. I've only lost 11lbs so far.

I do a lot of exercise compared to how much I used to so maybe I've just toned up?
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    i was 284lb when i started and im now 151lb and im 5ft10 . i dropped a dress size on average about every 14-16lbs i lost and im now a size 10. Will upload pics asap still hunting for a really fat one as i used to hide from the camera
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was around 260 and it took about 30 pounds before I went down in size. Keep in mind some of your 18/20 might be stretched so your old 18's might be 22's in new clothes, KWIM? I know that's what happened to me when I went clothes shopping but keep up the good work and you'll be seeing clothing size changes soon.

Just to add that the clothing size drop seemed to happen very fast. It was like one day I was disappointed I didn't fit into a smaller size and a month later I was in a smaller size. It didn't take long, like some kind of clothing size cliff.
  • cloza12
    cloza12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I too started at 278, now Im at 246 with a size of 22-20W, depending on brand. I can still wear the same jeans but they are so loose all over they almost fall. Those are size 22 but I can also fit in a size 20W with very very soon in a size 20 standard. I think once I hit 240 or 238 I might fit in the 18 I have, cause I can get them up but not zipped.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your not alone!!! I'm 5'5, started at 250 lbs size 20! The first 6 months i lost 40lbs, and only 1 pants size! The weight fell off but the fat didn't.. haha and here I am now weighing 169 and still wearing a 14/16 depending on the brand, GRRR.. This journey definitely has taught me patience. It is frustrating BUT that's life :)
  • NewVero
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this board and just signed on this past Wednesday.

I am 5' and started at 257 my largest ever :sad: My current weight is 253.4
    I know from past experience eating healthy and cutting down is not enough for me to lose consistently. I need to drink water and go to the gym. I need motivation. I need to get back in that pool. Swimming is easy on the body and the water is a great shock absorber when starting to exercise again and everything hurts. Anyone else with me on that?

Four years ago i went from 235 to 170 and felt great. I was still working on losing weight when i had a few mishaps in my life and now here i am at more that i was before.

I could use all the support and friends i can get from this board and would love to give all the support i can give as well.
    Please feel free to friend me and BTW any New Yorkers on here?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    296 here and making my way to 240!
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I started out at 271 and am down to 250.2 right now. Still wearing all of the same clothes from when I was that weight. I even got down to about 215 by the end of 2011, while clothes were a little looser, they weren't by much. =/ I wear 26/28s (I'm 5'5 and all of my weight seems to be in my stomach/waist/butt/thighs, bah).
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    most of you boggle my mind. It makes me realize how obnoxiously pear shaped I really am. I don't normally wear jeans anymore, I am a homemade skirts/dresses chick. So I had to look up what size I would wear by my measurements.

I am 5 ft 6 inches. I was 335, but am currently 282.2 with a nearly 53 pound loss. Even with that I still have much bigger size than many of you with similar stats.

My jean size would be 30/32W My rear is still about 61-62 inches. It had been as high as 70 this time last year. I don't know what size I would have been then. It probably didn't exist.

My upper body is a lot smaller. I can probably wear a 20/24 top without a whole lot of trouble.

So very pear I am.
  • katielinds
    katielinds Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In my experience, the difference between 280 and 250 is that my clothes fit BETTER (but aren't yet too big) and my face looks a lot healthier.

I think you are right- 10 more lbs you should start to see a big difference in your clothing.

Congratulations! 30lbs is great!
  • rockstar4Him
    Options
    I'm starting at 290 and a 22/24 can't wait to get into smaller sizes, but I have to be honest,

I don't care what size I get into as long as I get my hourglass figure back! I am so tired of having this belly
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I started at 251
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    most of you boggle my mind. It makes me realize how obnoxiously pear shaped I really am. I don't normally wear jeans anymore, I am a homemade skirts/dresses chick. So I had to look up what size I would wear by my measurements.

I am 5 ft 6 inches. I was 335, but am currently 282.2 with a nearly 53 pound loss. Even with that I still have much bigger size than many of you with similar stats.

My jean size would be 30/32W My rear is still about 61-62 inches. It had been as high as 70 this time last year. I don't know what size I would have been then. It probably didn't exist.

My upper body is a lot smaller. I can probably wear a 20/24 top without a whole lot of trouble.

So very pear I am.

pear shape here checking in! :) (still in 26/28 at 250 pounds)
  • alyhswearingen
    alyhswearingen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Starting at 267. In high school my measurements equaled a perfect hour glass. And now I don't really know what my shape is...after our last baby I have had alot of weight gain in my booty and hips. My first goal is to get down to 200 and maintain that for awhile and then loose about 30-40 more.
  • kristyash60
    Options
    I love your background for your ticker counter! Where did you get it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!