any1200 calorie ladies want to be friends

Options

Replies

• jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I went to 1200 a few weeks ago.....feel free to add me!
  • NiaBossy
    Options
    Im 1200 i rarely eat over that. It's a little hard but im finding different foods i can eat to stay under without starving. everyone on here has great ideas. I will try finding one that works for me too. Anyone want to be friends add me. Food trouble - Exerising no problem!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I find it very strange no one that is eating 1600, 1800 or 2000+ and losing is opening threads like this one. Don't think I've seen any so far. There is no need for most people to eat this little to lose. I ate 1200 for quite a while till I was told it was very low and i'm only short and am older too.

WORD
    I never ate less that 1500 a day, currently at 1790 and I have lost almost 40 pounds so far. I know some of these ladies are much shorter than I am, so maybe thats why...but I can't imagine someone eating soooo little. Doesn't sound healthy to me!
  • lcr0924
    Options
    I am ranging from 1200 (never bekiw) calories per day. I find if I give myself a range I tend to have the upper limit 1350, which I do not go over and lower that I do not go under. I eat back exercise calories only when I have burnt so much that I am way under 1200.
  • starjumper12
    Options
    that is because they are uneducated. they don't know the difference between empty vs healthy calories. Jillian Michaels says for women we need to eat between 1200-1400 calories. I go with the professional and the one who has a degree in that field. as opposed to an amateur.

THIS. i find that trying to stick to 1200-1300 calories forces me to put a lot of vegetables into my day that i wouldn't normally do if i was just eating whatever i want. if i'm hungry, it's because i blew my cals on something empty and dumb and next time i think twice about it. it's about increasing quality of cals, not quantity. that's what works FOR ME, not necessarily the next person because their chemical and hormonal makeup is different.
  • jniels1975
    jniels1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been eating 1200 for a month now and lost 8 lbs right away and now I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks, but I am now at the point when someone called me a skinny *****. I was so un insulted. That was the best compliment! I hope to hear more insults soon. I think as you get more weeks of 1200 under your belt your body starts building muscle so for me the loss has stopped, but I will keep on and hope to loose the rest. I am about 10 lbs away from my goal, but today I am optimistic, we will see if i do another 2 weeks without losses.
  • MegMorrisonWilson
    Options
    Been on 1200 ever since I started. I'm short, so I fill up fast. Actually, I'm full at about 800 because I eat a big healthy breakfast and it keeps my tummy happy most of the day. Usually I make it to 1000.
  • stellanolasco
    Options
    i am also on the 1200 calories plan. I started with 150 pds :wink: :wink: now down to 145. i started my work out, weekday pilates 40 mins
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I find it very strange no one that is eating 1600, 1800 or 2000+ and losing is opening threads like this one. Don't think I've seen any so far. There is no need for most people to eat this little to lose. I ate 1200 for quite a while till I was told it was very low and i'm only short and am older too.

I started one and no one responded. Now it has fallen off of my feed :(

I eat @ 1900 a day and am losing about 1-2 pounds per month. Since it is not a race, but for life, it works for me. Feel free to add me.
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What is the name of the group
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    MFP set my target at 1200 as it does most people. I has success a couple of years ago eating at 1200 (plus most of my exercise calories). I have just started back at MFP after gaining half of what I lost back (never did reach goal weight). I admit some days it is hard to stay under 1200, some days it is hard to get to 1200. When I first started back and began to limit my calorie intake I was hungry (headache Hungry), but that only lasted a day or two. I do try to earn at least 300 extra calories from exercise a day so I can eat more. I use most of those calories for snacks.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I think I will look for the group too.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories and most days (except for near "that time of the month") it is easy for me to stay at or under goal. I do eat back all or most of my exercise calories. This last week or so, I have been under a lot of stress and extremely busy, so have been way under (no time to eat), but still doing okay.

Age - 48
    Height - 5'11"
    SW - 220
    GW -170 (then will evaluate again)
    CW - 188

I try to walk at least 30 minutes every day and am just starting some toning (through a challenge).

Anyone please feel free to add me. I am always looking for new recipe/exercise ideas. I am on every day.
  • ArwenP
    ArwenP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to at me. I've lost over 40lbs that way. It's nice to see other diaries and get ideas for how to eat a lot and stay at goal.
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    I agree. I find when I am eating veggies and other whole foods I can eat and eat and eat and still don't get up in calories (unless I am eating crazy dips with them) It's only when I go out or eat crap that I get over my calories! It really encourages me to get those veggie servings in there since I can eat twice the amount!
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 1200 calories too. Feel free to add me!
  • natalieakyzer
    natalieakyzer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends. I am currently at 1000 cals. In ten days I've lost 8 lbs though I haven't weighed today. I really thought it would be much harder than it has been. I am also do the Brazilian Butt workout, and I must say that it is really great. Very hard but I am getting into much better shape. So far I feel great and my stomach has shrunk so much. I eat 5 small meals a day high in protein. Keep me posted on your success.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

You haven't been here long enough. Or you haven't read the forums enough.
  • Hannah7783
    Hannah7783 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Feel free to add me. I'm aiming for 1200kcal a day, which, according to MFP should give me a weekly weight loss of 1.8lbs a week (and if 'healthy weight loss' is defined as between 1-2lbs a week, then that's pretty healthy I'd say!) I sometimes go over to 1350-1500kcal and find if I don't exercise then it's hard to stay within the deficit of 1200kcal. However, I find I tend to average out over the week once I've worked out a few days.

Also, for the people who feel 1200 is unhealthy, for some it might be, but for me it definitely isn't - sometimes I look at my food diary and I can't believe how much is in there and how easy it can be for me to stay at 1200, and I really don't want or (more importantly) need any more food that day, and it's all because I've had decent amounts of vegetables/fruit that day. Some food is more calorie dense than others, but not necessarily unhealthy (in fact its probably quite healthy!!)

Anyway, I would love more friends on here following a similar eating plan to me, so please feel free to add me! I have an open food diary, and I love it when other people do too, because it gives me ideas for a varied diet!

Han
  • supershellykay
    supershellykay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200.. add me! Always glad to be supportive!
  • daliotard
    Options
    I'm 1,200...friend request sent...you're doing great!