low cal lunch ideas?

Options
Looking foe low Cal lunch ideas besides a salad.

Replies

• reebohn
    Options
    1 serving size Grilled Chicken Breast (I use perdue short cuts) chopped (90 cal), 4 TBSP celery chopped (4.2 cal), 1 TBSP Kraft mayo with Olive Oil (35 cal) Hidden valley Ranch Powder (1 TBPS >5 cal) mix it all up = approx 134 cal - have on 100 cal bread - 234 cal total
  • cat_g_83
    cat_g_83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Soup, beans on toast, jacket potato with homemade low cal coleslaw...ummm...all inspiration is lost. X
  • summer_2014
    Options
    Tuna salad or egg salad with carrots, snow peas, celery, broccoli, etc.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    2 slices light rye (80 calories); 2 ounces lean deli meat like peppered ham (60 calories); 1 ounce Cabot 1% milk (75% reduced fat) cheddar cheese (60 calories); mustard; all the veggies you like. I do red onions, banana peppers, that sort of thing. Very low cal and yummy!
  • kindyusaf
    Options
    thanks for the great ideas! I keep looking for things that are quick to make for lunch .
  • chl823
    chl823 Posts: 48
    Options
    Just started this week. I created a chicken wrap I love, filling and good:

La Tortilla Factory - Smart & Delicious Soft Wraps - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Whole Grain White, 1 wrap
    Boars Head - Buffalo Chicken Breast, 2 Slices
    Tomatoes - Grape Tomatoes, 1/8 cup
    Fresh Express - Spring Mix (Baby Lettuces, Greens & Radicchio), 2 cups (85g)
    Generic - 1 Slice of Swiss Cheese
    Kraft - Mayonaise-Regular, 1 tsp
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    2 slices light rye (80 calories); 2 ounces lean deli meat like peppered ham (60 calories); 1 ounce Cabot 1% milk (75% reduced fat) cheddar cheese (60 calories); mustard; all the veggies you like. I do red onions, banana peppers, that sort of thing. Very low cal and yummy!
    :bigsmile:

Where can I find that light rye??????-I haven't seen that in years-Oreweat used to make it???? But it disappeared here in So-Cal????
  • rhondawparker
    rhondawparker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like the Progresso Light Soups for lunch. I get the ones that are between 120 and 140 calories for the entire can. Eat that an apple and a wedged up fresh tomato. Filling and tasty for around 200 calories.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    cinnamon raisin bagel thin with pb2!! only about 160 calories!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pho
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Tacos.

No seriously. Corn tortillas, shredded chicken, some pico de gallo, a lil avocado, throw in some cheese if ya want. Maybe a lil sour cream....

Damn, now I'm hungry.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I/2 cup 1% cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of fruit cup in water. Drain the water if you like. 2 slices of Healthy life 35 cal bread with 1 TBSP of peanut butter, 10 mini carrots. 340 calories. Filling, fills your plate with is important to the mental side of this, healthy
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Pho

I LOVE pho, but I'm not sure it's low cal. :smile:
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    You could make a plate of assorted foods and consider it a lunch. Maybe some cut-up fruit, cheese, nuts, veggies, deli meats, etc.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pho

I log it as 502 cal, 31g protein, 60g carb, 7g fat for a regular Pho Tai.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Pho

I log it as 502 cal, 31g protein, 60g carb, 7g fat for a regular Pho Tai.

^ I give it about that too, depending on how much meat is included, and how fatty the meat they give you seems. Also broth richness could amp up the fat a little, I suppose. But under 600, unless you're eating the most massive bowl evaaarrr.

OP - Tuna mixed with salsa, cut a pita open and spread the inside with sun dried tomato laughing cow, or the spread of your choice, stuff it with the tuna, add vegetables if you swing that way. Comes out to something like 300 cals. Also if you are me you will be freaking starving afterwards but at least it leaves you room to eat a package of salami for your snack later. Which is very important. *nodnodnod*
  • kindyusaf
    Options
    Pho
    what is pho? I've never heard of it.
  • SophinMaine
    SophinMaine Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Never heard of "Pho" either!

My typical lunch:

1/2 a grapefruit, cut, that I eat with a spoon (makes it harder, so takes longer to eat) - 41 cal
    1 cup soup (usually, Pacific ) - about 160 cal depending on type of soup
    1 Activia light yogurt - 60 cal
    1 medium size apple - 72 cal
    6 pieces of Green & Black 70% dark chocolate with my (black) coffee. - 120 cal

Not so low cal, I realize, but my dinner isn't much higher in calories, usually. Keeps me full much longer than eating just soup and some raw carrots.
  • stacyleigh04
    stacyleigh04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://www.ourbestbites.com/2013/01/veggie-packed-minestrone-soup/
    Making this today and planning on freezing some for lunches. It's 250 calories for 1.5 cups and packed with good stuff!
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Toasted tomato sandwich (Multigrain bread, tomato, fat free mayo)
    Toasted tuna sandwich (Multigrain bread, fat free mayo, tuna packed in water not oil)
    Chunky Salsa on original rice cakes
    Chicken mexican salad (lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, chicken breast, topped with salsa and fat free sour cream)

I know some people are not big on fat free stuff, but we all have our opinions.

I always add things such as apples, nectarines, peaches, celery, berries, carrots, to my lunches as well.