I don't want to eat up my calories burned from working out

Options

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Those of you think she is shouting, y'all just MORONS. There is a difference between someone SHOUTING and someone has a caps on.

Internet etiquette: caps lock = shouting. 'Cause you can't hear over the internet (without the appropriate tech obvs!)
  • RachelBiancaxx
    RachelBiancaxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my excercise calories either. I work my *kitten* off to burn those calories. Perhaps I do "starve" my body but I've been happier and had tons more energy since I started doing this. And if I do hit a plateau (which happened after I'd lost about 10lbs) I have a day where I eat whatever I want such as chocolate or a take away. I might put on a pound but I start losing again. Do things how you want to... xx
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I DIDN'T MAEN ANYTHING RUDE. WHY ARE SO MANY PPL BEING SO UGLY? I'M NOT YELLING I JST LIKE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS. DIDN'T KNOW THIS TOPIC HAD BEEN BROUGHT UP SO MUCH. SORRY FOR RUBBING SO MANY OF YOU THE WRONG WAY. I WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE POSTING IN THE FUTURE.
    :cry:

Don't let people's honest responses deter you from posting questions in the future. Yes, you will get snarky comments from people who have been around a while and have seen the same questions come up over and over again. The Search function in the forums is helpful for that, but if you want to post, by all means post and don't think twice about it.

But please DO think twice about typing in all caps. You may "like it", but it is universally categorized as bad typing etiquette. Like when people use no punctuation... drives me crazy.

I totally agree with this response. I have always eaten back most of my exercise calories and it has worked for me. Plus, I view the additional calories as a bit of a bonus for having worked out :) Remember weight loss should be slow, steady and sustainable!
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

This. I love to eat so it motivates me to workout. The calorie deficit is the weight loss. The exercise is for fitness/health reasons and you look better when the weight is gone.

I am of the same mind. If I truly am not hungry, I won't eat them ALL back, but I usually eat most. In addition, if at the end of the day (especially on a work out day) if I am STILL hungry -- i will go over. I try to keep my eye on the weekly net.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    It's really quite simple. And the final decision is up to you. But exercise obviously. Eat when your hungry, stop when your satisfied. And try not to go over your calories as a whole. If you are hungry after your workout eat, if you are not then don't. I do two works-outs a day usually, a light workout in the morning and a cardio session in the evening. Eating back my calories in the evening isn't possible. I have not plateaued.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be blunt here for a sec. If you are truly sick of seeing repeated topics on these boards then maybe you should get off the computer for a while. Or if you see a topic that you have seen millions of times why not just move on instead of being a snarky douchetard to the person who posted it? We are all here for support and motivation. Not hateful, catty comments from people so high on their damn pedestals they'd break their skull if they fell off. I know this comment in particular is lashing out but I'm really sick of people being so damn ugly to people who just want a little advice. There's nothing wrong with a little patience, and just because you are not talking to these people in person doesn't mean that it's ok to be so brutal to them. I personally wouldn't take any of your advice.

Ok enough of the "People Are Mean" soapbox.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'M BRINGING UP THIS TOPIC B/C A FEW PEOPLE SEEM TO BE CONCERNED THAT I'M "STARVING" MY BODY B/C I'M NOT EATING UP MY WORKOUT CALORIES. I KNOW THAT THE "BEST" WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF IS TO ONLY LOSE 1-2 LBS A WEEK (500 CAL DEFICIT/DAY). I ALSO KNOW THAT WEIGHT LOSS IS A SIMPLE EQUATION. YOU HAVE TO CREATE A CALORIE DEFICIT! YOU CAN DO THIS BY LOWERING YOU CALORIES/INCREASING YOUR WORKOUT. MY QUESTION IS, IF I BUST MY HUMP BURNING AN EXTRA 700 CALORIES WHY WOULD I WANT TO EAT THOSE CALORIES? I DON'T THINK ANYONE WAS BEING MEAN ONLY CONCERNED. I HAVE ALSO TALKED TO SEVERAL PPL WHO DON'T EVEN RECORD THEIR CALORIES BURNED FOR THIS REASON. JUST CURIOUS WHAT YOU ALL THINK?

I'm so tired of this topic. My question is why are you yelling. If you don't want to eat them, don't. When you stall, and you probably will, you can post another thread :).

^^This^^^

I love newbies who ask advice from those of us who have done and then ignore us and listen to other newbies who haven't.

Read the forum, see how many people stall and hit a plateau because they are eating their exercise calories. Good luck finding it, because I have never seen one in 3 years.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    1. why are you yelling?
    2. I have tried it your way and I ended up hungry, tired, and not able to workout.
    3. If it works for you now, go ahead.
    4. Be prepared to slow down in weight loss.
    That is all.
  • lorijlozano
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I read through all the comments including your second post before responding to you my dear....:cry: I too was upset and felt badly for you on sooo many of the responses you got...your caps don't bother me at all..I can't hear you yelling at me...LOL...and I am older and my weak eyes at the age of 60 appreciate your kindness in making your words easier to read....
    My son, 28, and daughter 34 are also on here as we are all trying to get healthier. I am the farthest from a fitness expert you will ever meet but with age I have to say sometimes does come a little knowledge...from personal expierence and just reading & listening.....:happy: I felt badly that more people were concerned w/your caps than the actual help you were seeking....I have been on MFP since the begining of this year & I can tell you this my dear...more of the younger generation on here come back w/hurtful rather than helpful comments...:noway: I watch my daughters diet, only because she is so busy...she only wants to loose 15-20 lbs...I NEED to loose over 100, am disabled due to severe stroke in 2010 & am contemplating surgery, my son would like to loose around 20-25...but he runs almost every day...weighs his food faithfully and you know hon...just a damn man thing....they always succeed in this department.....LOL...:)):explode: I just want you not to get discouraged, I was told by my doctors to try & maintain 80 grams of protien a day...watch the calories...and I should be okay...I need to loose 20 lbs before surgery...5 gone already...I'll post this so maybe it will help you smile today...any of your past responders want to respond to me that's okay...I can take your meanness....in 60 yrs. I've met my share of inbosouls...(SP?)...before any of you comment I already know my spelling is off...Good-Luck, my friend...Lori:flowerforyou:
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see that there are some kind ppl on here. I thought this was supposed to be a supportive and positive group. we are all here for the same reason. We all have questions and concerns or we wouldn't be here. And, no I really wasn't yelling.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back my excercise calories either. I work my *kitten* off to burn those calories. Perhaps I do "starve" my body but I've been happier and had tons more energy since I started doing this. And if I do hit a plateau (which happened after I'd lost about 10lbs) I have a day where I eat whatever I want such as chocolate or a take away. I might put on a pound but I start losing again. Do things how you want to... xx

That's interesting. On the contrary, I enjoy being strong and healthy and not damaging my body. :flowerforyou:
  • lorijlozano
    Options
    :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: Hats off to you my dear...finally a REAL WOMAN on here...I had just posted to her about the ugliness showed to her....thank-you...you said it better...Lori:smooched:
  • kelfer80
    Options
    thanks for being so kind. I really had no intentions of upsetting anyone. Just looking for some feedback (positive feedback). :wink:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    For sure..do it the way you want. I'm eating most of mine back and lost two pounds a week so far. I LOVE it because i can eat more food..and now i can see how i can lose all my weight and not be burned out at the finish line.

I've lost all my weight before doing what you do...and i always am so deprived..that i end up gaining it all back after i go off the food deep end.

So those who eat back the calories will have long term success because they'll be maintaining eating near 3000 calories a day. Those who do what you do? are stuck eating between 900 and 1200 calories at maintenance. a very "IT SUCKS" life to live.
  • kelfer80
    Options
    thanks for being so kind. The way ppl have talked to me has been extremely hurtful. :smile:
  • 1newcat
    1newcat Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    wow, so this girl mostly got lit up for her font preference and asking for a second opinion. Well that was quite a flashback! Don't think I've seen a caps lock lynchingsince an AOL Chat room in '96
  • 7sherry3
    Options
    do a protein drink after a workout it replenish u in a good way
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I don't eat them back, I mean the idea is to lose the weight so by putting the calories back in that you burned are you really burning them? You're replacing what you worked off.... so, in a sense you're really hitting a stalemate
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING!!!!??
    tumblr_inline_mghegt6B8V1qavbnl.gif
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them back, I mean the idea is to lose the weight so by putting the calories back in that you burned are you really burning them? You're replacing what you worked off.... so, in a sense you're really hitting a stalemate
    ^^^this^^^
This discussion has been closed.