HELP!! NutriBullet for blending smoothies?

Options
Hey y'all...I'm looking for some real people reviews of the "bullet" series (Magic & Nutri). I'm NOT looking for a juicer, in a perfect world I'd have a Vitamix, but I don't have that kind of $$ nor space in my kitchen! I need something compact that I can throw frozen fruits, veggies, almond milk, peanut butter, chopped almonds, ice, stuff like that in, and have it blend smoothly and quickly.

Right now, I spend like 30 minutes prepping shakes b/c I need to blend spinach in a damn food processor first. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!! My blender is a monster, not easy to clean and takes WAY too long!!

Any suggestions??

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Frye?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Bump (I kind want one too)
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a helpful response, but I'm merely posting here because I was wondering the EXACT SAME THING and was hoping to get an answer as well. I saw the infomercial for it and was in love, but I who knows what it's really like.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have a regular blender. Luckily it was a gift from the 'rents. It works great!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    well i just got a magic bullet for christmas.

it does not have the power of a full blender or a full food processor, but i have a tiny kitchen and cook for 2 so it works for what i need.

i made a banana bread protein shake this morning, it blended the banana, milk, powder, cinnamon, vanilla, ice cubes and oatmeal just fine.

not as good for heavy foods, like when i make my own almond butter it takes a while because i have to keep stirring up the almonds so the bullet can grind it down.
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have one of those bullet blenders...not sure which one...the small one though. And it was ok as long as all I wanted to put in it was a banana and some ice cubes with my protein powder. We finally broke down and bought a cheap Oster blender from Sam's Club for under $20 and it's much better. Easy to clean...I just rinse it out and use a brush. Pretty painless. Now I'm not adding 3 cups of spinach to my shakes but it works fine for everything I've put in it.
  • PleasantOH
    Options
    I have the NutriBullet and love it. I blend each morning - Spinach, almond milk, berries, cinammon, honey and walnuts.:love: It seems to work great. Throw in some frozen banana and berries and you have your smoothie. The recipe book comes with all kinds of input for weight loss, high blood pressure, etc. They even have a Facebook site that you can view everyone's recipes.
  • FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love the nutribullet! In the morning I blend a handful or two of any leafy green (kale or spinach usually), then add a banana, a handful of frozen berries and protein powder. Finish it off with some water (or almond milk) and blend. It completely pulverizes everything. There are no little pieces of spinach left or chunks of fruit.

I also make salad dressings in it. Blend an avocado, hummus, vinegar and mustard with some water. It is perfect for salads or as a spread on wraps.
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    Thanks for the insights...it's my understanding the NutriBullet is a little more "heavy duty" than the Magic, right? It's twice the price, so it should be.

Anyone know of any other brands of the same type of item?
  • imncontrolofme
    imncontrolofme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet and I also have the Ninja Blender. I love both and would recommend both. I've never put spinach in my shakes though, so I don't know about that, but they both handle ice cubes with no problems, so I wouldn't think spinach would be any problem?
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    On the cleaning of regular blender have you tried putting water and soap in it and blending? By far the easiest way to clean them right after using.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    My wife and I had a Magic Bullet. It didn't last but for a few months.

We got an Oster immersion/hand blender, and that works just fine. Easy to clean, too. We've been using that for about a year now, and don't have any issues with it.

Oh, and my wife sometimes puts spinach and kale into her shakes - and it works well for those, too.
  • crystalmshultz
    Options
    I have the Ninja, that has a food processor type attachment and blender type. It is FABULOUS! I too make smooties that have spinach or kale in them. The food processor part is small, which is great for small smoothie making. And this isn't too pricey and does not take up a bunch of space.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    if you have a blender, buy a mason jar and attach it to the blender. instant magic bullet. it works awesome.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tip_blender_and_mason_jar/
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have the Nuwave Twister. I think its $30. It's not fancy, but I love it. I use it everyday. I've have it for 2 years.

PS- On a side note, I just learned that I could froth hot milk in it to make lattes..... OMG, heaven!!!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You definately want the NUTRI bullet, not the magic bullet. We have one and LOVE It. Perfect for smoothies. Comes with a large and 2 smaller cups. Perfect for single or double sized smoothies. Hubby and I race to make our own individual smoothies every morning. Great recipe book comes with it. You can even buy whole grains and use the special blade that also comes with it to make into flour if you are into that. Handles ice and frozen fruit perfectly. Definately worth the investment. Takes up very little space and rinses out easily with soapy water. I have moved my cuisinart blender to the basement for the next yard sale!!
  • NatalieHassett
    NatalieHassett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted a magic bullet but live with my food processor.

I don't understand why you would want to put spinach into a breakfast smoothie?! :sick:

I struggle to have anything for breakfast and can just about cope with a smoothie made of banana, yoghurt, milk and cranberry juice!

Am I missing something?! :ohwell:
  • imncontrolofme
    imncontrolofme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My wife and I had a Magic Bullet. It didn't last but for a few months.

Yeah, this is actual the 2nd magic bullet I bought....it can be kind of fragile. I did try a cheaper version (Cooks brand at JCP, I think) in between and it was worthless. This is the main reason I bought the ninja system and it is awesome! It is a lot bigger and the one I bought has the 2 containers (1 smallish and a large blender size), it also has several blades. I've had no problems with it at all, well worth the money in my opinion. I still have the magic bullet and use it some too.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted a magic bullet but live with my food processor.

I don't understand why your would want to put spinach into a breakfast smoothie?! :sick:

I struggle to have anything for breakfast and can just about cope with a smoothie made of banana, yoghurt, milk and cranberry juice!

Am I missing something?! :ohwell:

Add a 1/4 cup of oatmeal. You won't even notice and you'll get some whole grains in!
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    On the cleaning of regular blender have you tried putting water and soap in it and blending? By far the easiest way to clean them right after using.

Yup! That's the way to do it.