I don't want to eat up my calories burned from working out

Options

Replies

• dawlf
    dawlf Posts: 19
    Options
    I was talking to my mom's friend who is a personal trainer, and she said if you bust 500 calories at the gym, and you feel like you can't eat them back, just drink a glass of chocolate milk and have a piece of fruit.

She said that you don't have to eat ALL OF THEM BACK OR IT WON'T WORK AT "LAKJ"LGKJAGL but she said it helps.

(It especially helps for me because I work out at around 9-10 at night, so eating a 500 calorie meal is just not something I can do)
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    "I don't want to eat up my calories burned from working out"

Then don't.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of this topic. My question is why are you yelling. If you don't want to eat them, don't. When you stall, and you probably will, you can post another thread :).

You and me both. Eat them, don't eat, stop bugging the rest of us with this topic.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Go for it! I wish I could get by without eating back my calories. But sadly I work out just so I can eat a little more :wink:

This. I love to eat so it motivates me to workout. The calorie deficit is the weight loss. The exercise is for fitness/health reasons and you look better when the weight is gone.

I love this.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Y'all ever see that sign that says, "Will work for food"?

Mine says, "Will work out for food!"

That's my motivation to work out...so I can have that extra snack. :)
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am always hungry. So I basically eat mine back or I would go over, in most cases.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I KNOW THAT THE "BEST" WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF IS TO ONLY LOSE 1-2 LBS A WEEK (500 CAL DEFICIT/DAY). I ALSO KNOW THAT WEIGHT LOSS IS A SIMPLE EQUATION. YOU HAVE TO CREATE A CALORIE DEFICIT!

MFP already has a deficit built in, unless you set your own goals, and you state you" know" to have a 500 calorie deficit to lose, but if you take 500 cals from your TDEE and then another 700 from exercise that's a 1200 deficit. That's why MFP says eat back your exercise calories. Simple
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'M BRINGING UP THIS TOPIC B/C A FEW PEOPLE SEEM TO BE CONCERNED THAT I'M "STARVING" MY BODY B/C I'M NOT EATING UP MY WORKOUT CALORIES. I KNOW THAT THE "BEST" WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF IS TO ONLY LOSE 1-2 LBS A WEEK (500 CAL DEFICIT/DAY). I ALSO KNOW THAT WEIGHT LOSS IS A SIMPLE EQUATION. YOU HAVE TO CREATE A CALORIE DEFICIT! YOU CAN DO THIS BY LOWERING YOU CALORIES/INCREASING YOUR WORKOUT. MY QUESTION IS, IF I BUST MY HUMP BURNING AN EXTRA 700 CALORIES WHY WOULD I WANT TO EAT THOSE CALORIES? I DON'T THINK ANYONE WAS BEING MEAN ONLY CONCERNED. I HAVE ALSO TALKED TO SEVERAL PPL WHO DON'T EVEN RECORD THEIR CALORIES BURNED FOR THIS REASON. JUST CURIOUS WHAT YOU ALL THINK?

Because if you set yourself up on MFP the way it tells you to, then you already have a substantial calorie deficit. Other people go by the TDEE method and don't log or eat exercise calories back because that activity is included in their method. If you do it the MFP way, exercise is NOT included in the method. Perhaps learning how to properly use this tool would be a good idea.

Enjoy your plateau down the road.

Ok..I'm officially done with answering anybodies questions on this topic now...it seems since the new year there's just as *kitten* load of people on here wanting to starve themselves around here...you ask for advice and it's not what you want to here so you go around yelling and not taking anyone's advice...to all of you, I can no longer be concerned...enjoy your starvation.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'M BRINGING UP THIS TOPIC B/C A FEW PEOPLE SEEM TO BE CONCERNED THAT I'M "STARVING" MY BODY B/C I'M NOT EATING UP MY WORKOUT CALORIES. I KNOW THAT THE "BEST" WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF IS TO ONLY LOSE 1-2 LBS A WEEK (500 CAL DEFICIT/DAY). I ALSO KNOW THAT WEIGHT LOSS IS A SIMPLE EQUATION. YOU HAVE TO CREATE A CALORIE DEFICIT! YOU CAN DO THIS BY LOWERING YOU CALORIES/INCREASING YOUR WORKOUT. MY QUESTION IS, IF I BUST MY HUMP BURNING AN EXTRA 700 CALORIES WHY WOULD I WANT TO EAT THOSE CALORIES? I DON'T THINK ANYONE WAS BEING MEAN ONLY CONCERNED. I HAVE ALSO TALKED TO SEVERAL PPL WHO DON'T EVEN RECORD THEIR CALORIES BURNED FOR THIS REASON. JUST CURIOUS WHAT YOU ALL THINK?

Because if you set yourself up on MFP the way it tells you to, then you already have a substantial calorie deficit. Other people go by the TDEE method and don't log or eat exercise calories back because that activity is included in their method. If you do it the MFP way, exercise is NOT included in the method. Perhaps learning how to properly use this tool would be a good idea.

Enjoy your plateau down the road.

Ok..I'm officially done with answering anybodies questions on this topic now...it seems since the new year there's just as *kitten* load of people on here wanting to starve themselves around here...you ask for advice and it's not what you want to here so you go around yelling and not taking anyone's advice...to all of you, I can no longer be concerned...enjoy your starvation.

^^THIS^^^
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Why are people being so rude about the caps lock issue and this question being asked again? You know, there is the option to just ignore the thread if you don't like it. Just sayin'...
  • 1newcat
    1newcat Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Helpful!! Thank you for spelling that out! I have been having a really hard time consuming enough calrories, i guess i may have to accept a slower process or a plateau if i can't figure out how to get more in.

Have you tried more calorie dense foods? On days when I don't think I'll be able to eat enough, I just stock up on peanut butter! lol! There are plenty of other delicious options like avocados, nuts, etc. You'll feel like you're eating the same amount but you'll get more out of it!

Also, I highly recommend going for a slower process. It's sooooo much easier to maintain if you don't have to make a huge difference on the amount of food you're eating to lose weight.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

ETA: It took me a year to lose those 30lbs. That's what....half a pound lost a week? It's frustrating at first, but once you get to that year mark, you will feel so dang good about it you won't even think about speedy losing weight anymore.

I have definitely been trying to eat better calories and still eating carbs (just choosing healthy ones) I have started adding herbalife shakes in as snacks to help me get there, but I even have a hard time getting a full serving of those consumed. Lol. And here i was worried i'd be starving
  • candykoated
    candykoated Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What I burn off at the gym, I NEVER eat when I leave. My purpose for going is to burn those extra calories and that's just what I do!
  • bpeterson38
    Options
    So you are not eating your calories from your workouts? How is that working for you. I was not sure whether I should or shouldn't.
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Then don't!!:drinker:
  • cardio_fiend
    Options
    You weren't being rude with your question. It is absolutely fine to ask questions...that's the intent of the forum.

Have a great day!
  • gailconn
    gailconn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have to be so careful , i went through a short phase of not having all my calories and my weight platoed !!! i learnt my lesson and now i stick to 1500 calories and more when i exercise. Works for me !!!:smile:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I find if you eat themback, you maintain...dont really gain, but don't lose either, I never eat ALL my cals back, usually when I do it may be half, only when I am really hungry though, listen to your body first. If your not hungry I wouldnt either
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    So you are not eating your calories from your workouts? How is that working for you. I was not sure whether I should or shouldn't.

Works great for me, I exercise so I can eat more. The calorie deficit is built into MFP. Any exercise is a bonus. Plus I do not want to lose muscle not fat.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: Hats off to you my dear...finally a REAL WOMAN on here...I had just posted to her about the ugliness showed to her....thank-you...you said it better...Lori:smooched:

Why is she more of a 'real woman' then the rest of us? That makes no sense whatsoever and has nothing to do with the topic!!
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    First off caps doesnt necessarily mean she is angry, who are we to judge. I personally agree with her. If you are burning extra calories if she eats them or not is up to her. If she is feeling weak and dragging she will know she needs to eat more. Her body will let her know. I had the same convo yesterday. I am working out hard burning tons of calories or so the apps say. I am not unrealistic, I know that the counts arent accurate (they are higher then they should be) It is simply a way to track, have a general idea. Why is everyone so upset. People have to try thing out and just because it doesnt work for you it doesnt mean it wont for her. Why cant we just be supportive and kind. Offer your opinion in a nice way.
This discussion has been closed.