Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    P90X.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this too! Personally, I've done some Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and liked it. I also have Zumba for my Wii and it's fun if you like to dance.
  • sabgirls5
    Options
    Try Tae Bo and Turbo fire....you might have to take it slow at first, they are very high energy workouts....but you will get results :)
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The Firm Express, Brazil Buttlift, heard good things about 30 Day Shred. You could also do Couch to 5k or get a Wii or Xbox and do Zumba or Just Dance on those.

Harder: P90x, Insanity
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    Kind of old, but I loved doing Turbo Jam and the first time I was able to finish a DVD it was awesome!
  • eastonna
    eastonna Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire. The DVD's are a bit pricey but they're truly awesome. They're fun and a really good workout. They have modified movements as well if you're new.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    anything BeachBody.

I finished 2 rounds of P90x, and bought the 10 Minute Trainer, in that one, the typical workout is 3-10 minute workouts, and depending on your schedule, you can choose if you want to do one, two or all 3 of the 10 minute workouts.

They are basically P90x workouts condensed down to 10 minute sessions with a resistance band added in (you don't have to use the band). I've averaged 500-600 calories burned per 30 minute session.
  • lindseym18
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not the first on here to recommend either, but I've had both since before MFP and never realized how popular they were on here. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is an excellent dvd. I also have the Zumba dvd set that I purchased online. I love them both!
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Turbo Jam. It has different options of workouts. Short work outs, longer ones, toning workouts, cardio, abs.. The best is that as you set your intensity, so you go for big burns or take easy , its up to you. I strongly suggest it :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I seem someone else said the Nike training app for iPhone !!! Those are awesome workouts as well and kick butt!!
  • hwesp
    hwesp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going old school here but I like the original Sweating to the Oldies. It was the first video I ever saw where "real" looking people and not super fit Barbies were doing the exercises. That was incredibly motivating to me when I was first beginning. I also like Jillian Michael workout with the Kettlebell.
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I really love the 10 Minute Solution dvds, and they are pretty cheap on Amazon. There are a ton of them - I won 6 of them. Each dvds has five 10 minute segments and you can totally customize how many you want to do and in what order. My favorites are the Ultimate Body Bootcamp, and Rapid Results Cardio. I easily burn 300 calories in 30 minutes doing those dvds! Jackie Warner is also pretty great too. I really like Turbo Fire, but if you've never done kickboxing before, I'd recommend starting with Turbo Jam first :)
  • slrea2012
    slrea2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This may seem like an odd sugguestion, but Roller Derby Work Out kicks *kitten*!!! The focus is your abs, glutes and legs.... You don't need skates, you can wear ankle weights or go without either. This not for the faint of heart. These girls will make you suffer (in a good way) There's a short video on youtube you can check it out.

My 2 cents.
  • laura6009
    laura6009 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump just new and loving the advice x