Butt!

Options
2»

Replies

• Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i also don't get the "i'm too heavy for squats" thing- esp for OP who is only like 155lbs or so.

Squats and deadlifts make a booty happy.

I can only imagine that OP doesn't know what we mean by "squats" (or OP has a specific injury limiting ability to squat)? Here's a link about the exercise we are talking about:
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBFullSquat.html

Here's one on deadlifts:
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBDeadlift.html

Sorry - but I'm the OP and I NEVER said ANYTHING about me being too heavy for squats!! I said I do them! It was someone else who said they were too heavy...
  • jabrock9
    Options
    I know this has already been said, but deadlifts for sure. Also, I love kettlebell swings for glutes and hamstrings in particular.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I know squats and lunges (especially with weights) but what else can I do? TIA!

You have the answer but you're looking for what else you can do. Things that make me confused.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts and pull throughs.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Today I used Pilates butt burner, the full 30 minute workout. It literally had my *kitten* muscles burning lol, it's quite a challenge. It also works other muscles like your legs and of course your abs. On top of this I end up doing lunges and squats in the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. I too would like to get rid of some of my butt...wayyy too much bubble now haha
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Butt bible! I'm a huge fan of Pauline nordin. She has a lot of e books with fantastic heavy weight workouts.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I know this has already been said, but deadlifts for sure. Also, I love kettlebell swings for glutes and hamstrings in particular.
    Here's a second vote for kettlebell swings.
  • mindbodystrength
    Options
    Weighted squats, lunges, deadlifts, and step-ups

^^this...I also love stiff-legged deadlifts, but NOTHING is better than DEEP, HEAVY squats...N O T H I N G.... never will be. :flowerforyou:
  • kellyrae1189
    kellyrae1189 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dead lifts. I use 8 lb hand weights and do about 20-30 reps. Squeeze as hard as you can on the way up! You'll feel it in the morning.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kevinshadow
    Options
    squats and hipflexers!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    There's a platform to do something called "hyperextensions" which i do at my gym...That really targets the lower back and glute muscles. I also do a lot of bike riding....I know it sounds wrong, but yesterday when i was trying clothes on, i looked at my *kitten*, and I was SHOCKED at how round and tight it has gotten in about a year.
  • ramsfan84
    ramsfan84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • bstillian2121
    Options
    There are done great but exercises on fitness.com donkey kicks are one
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options

So..... I know the answer is A. But could it be something other than A? I know you're going to say A, but what else could it be besides A?
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options

So..... I know the answer is A. But could it be something other than A? I know you're going to say A, but what else could it be besides A?

Sorry but I don't have access to a gym so I can't do anything with "heavy" weights, no matter how much I want to try. So I was hoping there might be other things I can do that don't require a crap ton of money.
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What about bike riding or stationary bike with resistance? As this is an effort I can really get behind, here is an article that shows exercises that can be done at home :-) . Wish you a lot of success lol.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/our-top-10-exercises-to-tone-your-butt/?page=1

here are a few more:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=411

Geez, I have to stop now...you have me thinking about butts at a little after midnight...I'll never get to sleep lol !