What do you consider support?

Options
2»

Replies

• MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I'm not one who necessarily needs the "WTG!" "Good Job" "Well done" on my diary because I already know that I'm doing well with my eating. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate when a friend takes the time to look and comment, but it's not something that keeps me motivated to continue ... I'M the one that keeps me motivated to continue.

What I consider support are those friends that I know I can go to with questions about food, lifting AND my personal life in general. What I consider support are those friends who reach out and say hi just because ... those friends who comment on silly posts I make and/or write silly things on my wall. What I consider support are those friends who interact with me outside of my diary posts because we've made a connection that goes far beyond the "WTGs" and "Good Jobs" ... and I'm extremely grateful to have a tremendous number of such friends. :smile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Someone yelling at me and calling me out on my lame excuses
    is that all ya got Starbuck??

^ This. I love the snarky and straightforward peeps that tell me to kick myself in my butt for them and get moving!

Who tell me to stop the whining and DO something about it already!

To tell me that I'm not a special snowflake and if they are finding ways to get it done, then I'm not an exception.

That encourage me to research things for myself and realize all I need is me to succeed.

That snicker and roll their eyes if I ever were to suggest taking some pills or going on a fad diet.

That have a sense of humor - the odder or stranger the better. Also those with potty mouths I find 100% more motivating.

Those who aren't afraid to show me their disapproval and aren't worried about hurting my feelings because if it does, maybe I'll just stop being a negative, depressing crybaby and move forward.

To all of you :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • LivingFree
    Options
    Absolutely Joylia! I couldn't have said anything better!