Nonfat Milk!

Options

Replies

• nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cow milk, personally. It's not meant to be a human food and it has lactose (a form of sugar) and casein (very hard for your body to digest and NOT good for you) -- so I would recommend an alternative like almond milk. It's low in calories & very healthy for you. There's also other milks like rice, hemp, and soy that are good alternatives but almond is def my favorite. If you drink nonfat milk then almond will be same consistency for you.

If you continue to drink milk I hope you're drinking organic as dairy cows are pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormones which end up in their milk and therefore you.... gross.

Who meant any food to be human food?
    Most humans have the enzymes to digest milk just fine.
    I would love to know how the milk of a nut is more likely to be "meant" to be human food than the milk of a cow.
    Plus it's expensive and has no protein.

There's a reason we wean kids from breast milk.... same thing with cows. Milk isn't a natural food but because its part of our diet there are healthier alternatives. The fat content of any milk is meant to grow a baby, not continuously 'feed' an adult.

Check the nutrition - almond milk has protein! And it's not that expensive.
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cow milk, personally. It's not meant to be a human food and it has lactose (a form of sugar) and casein (very hard for your body to digest and NOT good for you) -- so I would recommend an alternative like almond milk. It's low in calories & very healthy for you. There's also other milks like rice, hemp, and soy that are good alternatives but almond is def my favorite. If you drink nonfat milk then almond will be same consistency for you.

If you continue to drink milk I hope you're drinking organic as dairy cows are pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormones which end up in their milk and therefore you.... gross.

tumblr_ll64wsqzyo1qcfba3o1_500.gif

Your point?
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    When I was heavy, I would drink up to 700 calories of skim milk on certain days.

Don't worry about drinking a ton of milk, as long as the calories are the same for the day.

I have cut back my milk consumption to about half a cup a day with my cereal - on the number of calories I eat, I need the fullness of solid food.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

tumblr_ll64wsqzyo1qcfba3o1_500.gif

Your point?

Think reeeeeeeaaaal hard. It'll come to you. :wink:
  • thickgirl25
    thickgirl25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lol! to the comment I have skinny cow in my fridge and honey is for bees comment in reply to milk is for cows.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I would love to know how the milk of a nut is more likely to be "meant" to be human food than the milk of a cow.

There's a reason we wean kids from breast milk.... same thing with cows. Milk isn't a natural food but because its part of our diet there are healthier alternatives. The fat content of any milk is meant to grow a baby, not continuously 'feed' an adult.

I'll keep drinking cow's milk, thank you. The natural argument is fallacious but please feel free to keep trying.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

Wait... almond milk is to grow baby almonds???
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Um. Hey, vegans, sorry, but this question wasn't for you. Humans have been drinking milk for thousands of years. We wean kids from human milk because Jimmy looks stupid sucking your teat in a business suit.

Here, Jimmy, have some delicious cow's milk instead.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    We wean kids from human milk because Jimmy looks stupid sucking your teat in a business suit.

LMAO!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I've been giving this some thought and here are my findings. First, just to recap, we know that milk is bad because it is meant for cows, not people. Cows are huge, therefore milk will make you huge. Bad, right? So avoid milk. Got it.

Then I got to thinking about Elephants. They're even HYOOGER than cows. And they eat vegetables! So anyone who doesn't want to be gigantic clearly need to avoid vegetables.

I'm not sure any more. I'm just going to eat sand and water until I sort this out or somebody just tells me exactly what is safe to eat.
  • thickgirl25
    thickgirl25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @annieberical

LOL...you're comment is awesome! I agree
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'd also add to Molly's suggestions that you pickup a few basic cooking books.

The Joy of Cooking is still a great intro book with tons of easy recipes and instructions: http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Cooking-75th-Anniversary-2006/dp/0743246268

There are also some really good cooking instruction videos on Youtube if you browse a bit.

Before you see the title and think "What? Better Homes and Gardens? I'm not buying THAT" read the description on Amazon. It has a ton of great intro and intermediate cooking skills. Things like knife skills, weight conversions and the such. I have one that has a torn cover, some "oops" spills on a few pages and I will not let it go. Tons of recipes, nutrition info for every single one of them, and lots of pictures. I just find a recipe that looks good, modify it a bit if I need to for macros and just dig in. A staple book in my collection.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You're 'supposed' to have five servings of dairy a day. Personally, I have 3 glasses of milk most days, and some cheese or yogurt. My husband can drink 1/2 a gallon of milk a day...but he's kind of milk-crazy.

Who says we have to have 5 servings of dairy a day?
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    I've been giving this some thought and here are my findings. First, just to recap, we know that milk is bad because it is meant for cows, not people. Cows are huge, therefore milk will make you huge. Bad, right? So avoid milk. Got it.

Then I got to thinking about Elephants. They're even HYOOGER than cows. And they eat vegetables! So anyone who doesn't want to be gigantic clearly need to avoid vegetables.

I'm not sure any more. I'm just going to eat sand and water until I sort this out or somebody just tells me exactly what is safe to eat.

Well its not natural for humans to consume milk. Milk is meant for baby cows. We are the only species that switch to another species milk after breastfeeding for our mother's. Baby cows don't stop drinking their mothers milk and start drinking gorilla boob juice. I can understand both sides but our bodies are not meant for it, which is why or bodies have a hard time breaking down dairy. Don't get me wrong, I love my cheese and will never give it up.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

So, if you eat enough sand and water, then sit in a super hot sauna for a very long time, will you poop glass?

Anyhoo, I love nonfat milk and yogurt and cheese and the list goes on. I thought I was doing good things by having milk and yogurt in the same day, but my trainer told me to limit my intake to one serving per day. I'm mainly focusing on losing fat right now and supposedly too much dairy is bad.
    So, I'll take my vitamins and eat my veggies for calcium.
  • taso42
    Options

So, if you eat enough sand and water, then sit in a super hot sauna for a very long time, will you poop glass?

Anyhoo, I love nonfat milk and yogurt and cheese and the list goes on. I thought I was doing good things by having milk and yogurt in the same day, but my trainer told me to limit my intake to one serving per day. I'm mainly focusing on losing fat right now and supposedly too much dairy is bad.

Yes I will poop glass, just as surely as you will stunt your fat loss by having more than 1 serving of dairy per day.

And careful with those veggies. Remember, Elephants eat veggies. We are not meant to eat elephant food. It is unnatural.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

Yes I will poop glass, just as surely as you will stunt your fat loss by having more than 1 serving of dairy per day.

And careful with those veggies. Remember, Elephants eat veggies. We are not meant to eat elephant food. It is unnatural.

Elephants in nature eat mostly wild fruits, grass, and bamboo and other things like that.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

HA!!!

Elephants in nature eat mostly wild fruits, grass, and bamboo and other things like that.

Awe man, now I have to add fruit to the DO NOT EAT list!!!
  • taso42
    Options
    twinkies are probably safe. i don't think any animals eat twinkies. plus there was a twinkie diet and the guy lost weight, so i think we found our answer.

/thead.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I double checked to be sure:
    Silk almond milk original has 1 (one) gram of incomplete protein per serving.
    Ingredients: All Natural Almondmilk (Filtered Water, Almonds), All Natural Evaporate Cane Juice, Calcium Carbonate, Sea Salt, Locust Bean Gum, Sunflower Lecithin, Gellan Gum, d-alpha-Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D2.

Whole milk has 8 grams of protein per serving.
    Ingredients: Milk, vitamin D3

And so far your argument for milk not being natural is: Milk is not natural.
    So, I really don't need to dignify that with a response.

And again, I'm not sure who "meant" to grow babies with fat. If you're saying that the biological purpose of dietary fat is to grow babies, I guess we adults don't need it then. Good luck with your fat free life. Newsflash: fat is good for you.