intimacy count as excerise

Options
124»

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Logging such activity is a slippery slope..........
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Don't see why not, just don't include cuddle time and listening to them talk about feelings. That shiz goes ooonnnnnnnnnnn.

"Did you just fall asleep"
    "No, of course not"
    "What did I just say then?"
    "Erm..... that's not important, you look really pretty."

Pretty much nailed that one down.
    *rolls eyes* men..
  • rasp35
    rasp35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No not really........ Good for getting heart rate up but I don't really count it as exercise.
  • GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If it is a rather adventurous session, I will log it.
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    Aww yea, get it girl! But seriously I don't log it as exercise cause anything I burn during that time can just go towards my daily expenditure. No need to start logging every little thing otherwise you may trick yourself into justifying more cals than you need.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Don't see why not, just don't include cuddle time and listening to them talk about feelings. That shiz goes ooonnnnnnnnnnn.

"Did you just fall asleep"
    "No, of course not"
    "What did I just say then?"
    "Erm..... that's not important, you look really pretty."

LOL Smart man. I do not try to make my man talk about his feelings anymore.

I only log them if I want a snack and need the calories.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    how much does 3 minutes of awkward thrusting burn?
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    That's too much in my opinion. When you're being intimate with your spouse or partner, you shouldn't be even thinking about how much you're burning or how much you burned. You should be thinking of them and the moment together. It's unhealthy to count everything you do and how much each activity burns, especially this.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That is to funny!!!! My boyfriend is a pro golfer. So when I log golf it's actually golf lol

not gonna lie....just a tad jealous :p

Are you a golf nut as well? It's his life...

Not going to be able to log golf again without laughing :)
  • MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It'd be like doing 20 jumping jacks

Uh, you're doing it wrong.

Lol nah, I just don't do most of the hard work-- no pun intended :P and besides, who honestly gets it on for more than 15-20 minutes at a time anyway? People talk about "all-nighters" but you take breaks in between, during which your heart rate falls to resting again. And how much of that time is vigorous movement? Hence the jumping jacks analogy.

You really ARE doing it wrong is seems. (Plus you're missing out apparently)

Hehehehe..... People really are missing out...
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do :) I log it under 'wrestling' haha. I don't think it burns many calories tho, especially for a woman. Unless they are doing all the work...
  • Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 22
    Options
    Per "Everyday Health" intercourse burns 100-200 calories, add 15 minutes of foreplay burns an additional 25 calories (for a person weighing 150 lbs). Reach an orgasm and burn 60-100 calories. Sign me up....LOL
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't
  • IamYIam
    IamYIam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Per "Everyday Health" intercourse burns 100-200 calories, add 15 minutes of foreplay burns an additional 25 calories (for a person weighing 150 lbs). Reach an orgasm and burn 60-100 calories. Sign me up....LOL

Haha...my high school boyfriend told me IT burned 1000 calories per O...go figure my dad never liked him:laugh:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    It'd be like doing 20 jumping jacks

Uh, you're doing it wrong.

Lol nah, I just don't do most of the hard work-- no pun intended :P and besides, who honestly gets it on for more than 15-20 minutes at a time anyway? People talk about "all-nighters" but you take breaks in between, during which your heart rate falls to resting again. And how much of that time is vigorous movement? Hence the jumping jacks analogy.

You really ARE doing it wrong is seems. (Plus you're missing out apparently)

Hehehehe..... People really are missing out...

Stop and go's are obviously circuit training