What do you have for breakfast?

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
I'm looking for some different ideas for the morning.

Replies

• morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cup of coffee, 1 banana, and 1 cottage cheese with fruit in it. The banana & cottage cheese is 200 calories,I dont count the coffee
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    I have 2 slices of Ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter, a hard boiled egg and a banana. A cup of coffee sweetened with sucanat and coffee mate.
    I often switch up the hard boiled egg for greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Sometimes I switch the banana for another fruit.

This is pretty much my standard breakfast.
  • DarciesMam
    Options
    Hia

I usualy have one piece of wholemeal toast with 2 poached eggs, or toast with peanut butter and banana, or porridge or if im in a rush ill just grab a banana and a yoghurt
  • Segrande
    Options
    Two slices of whole grain toast with 80% reduced fat Philadelphia cheese and half an avocado mashed up, with some Creole seasoning and cracked black pepper. With a cup of hot jasmine green tea. Delicious. :D
  • daggs95
    daggs95 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just logged mine, had 2 scrambled eggs, 2 wellshire farms pork sausausge links, and about 6 mini pancakes...

yeilds just under : 500 cals, 40 carbs, 20 fat, 30 protien

Pancakes are an aunt jemima mix using an egg, canola oil and almond milk
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    If I have the time... a 2 whole egg + 2 egg white omelet with a ton of veggies or 1/2 cup whole grain oats with 1/2 cup fruit.

Not much time or I'm lazy...1 cup of chocolate fiber one cereal with 1 cup of skim milk
  • tarzangroupie
    Options
    2 eggs with either a piece of wheat toast or a small bowl of cereal. I have to have a big breakfast.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    a cup of coffee with skimmed milk...70g of porridge with 30g of sultanas and about half a table spoon of cinnamon. thats post workout. after workout its a protein shake smoothie made with skimmed milk, a banana, 4 dates and sugar free chocolate syrup and also a tablespoon of peanut butter. all done and consumed by 12pm.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I make baked oatmeal a lot. I love it, because it's really filling, and has a touch of sweetness. It also freezes well, so I can make a big batch and just cut it up into squares. Usually make it with bananas, blueberries, and raspberries, or bananas and cherries, or some similar combination. 1/6 of an 8x8 pan is around 300 calories, and provides 10g of protein.

Or I'll have toast with peanut butter and a banana, or grapefuit. Or kashi go lean crunch with a side of greek yogurt. I know some people love cereal/granola stirred into yogurt, but I just can't do it >>
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is:

Two fried eggs, over-easy.
    Two slices of 100% whole wheat toast with light butter.
    One bratwurst.

570 calories, 40g carbs, 33g fat, 33g protein, 10g fiber.
  • daggs95
    daggs95 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Cooking is unusal though for me, only do it once a week. Most breakfasts are leftovers from the previous evenings dinner...so I eat chicken and veggies, or leftover chilli ....some days I just cook a veggie burger. My goal is to have 500 cals, 20 fat, 30-40 protien
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I usually have a green monster smoothie. 1/2 banana, handful of spinach, 1 cup of almond milk, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and I container of strawberry chobani greek yogurt. It is very yummy and keeps me full until lunch. I either have that or oatmeal with fruit.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    low sugar instant oatmeal, or bowl of special K red berries, or homemade egg mc muffin , egg w/ cheese on english muffin. sometimes banana & yogurt or peanut butter toast. once in a while 2 boiled eggs & turkey bacon w/ toast
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thomas Light English muffin with 46g Egg Beaters Florentine, a Morningstar sausage patty and a tablespoon of 2% shredded cheese.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Usually it's an english muffin with a little peanut butter and some yogurt or a banana.
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I like just had 2 scrambled eggs with bacon bits and a little cheese wrapped up in a flatbread. I also like oats with a little cocoa powder, honey, and mashed banana mixed in.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I usually have a smoothie (more like a pudding) made of:

1/2 cup strawberries
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup cherries
    1 scoop organic seed-based protein powder
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
    1 tbsp fresh ground flax seed
    1 tbsp fresh ground chia seed
    1 tbsp organic hemp protein
    1 ounce walnuts
    1 tbsp almond cashew cream

555 calories / 51 carbs / 35 protein and lots of healthy fats

It's probably too big a breakfast for most people but I usually run 4-5 miles in the morning before work so I need plenty of fuel.
  • puffymom
    Options
    It doesnt have to be breakfast food ... so pick anything you want in small portions.. I had chicken and snow peas 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup white rice.. only 180cals.. get tired of yogurt friut and eggs..
  • sharon4219
    sharon4219 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb. I have 3 poached eggs and a cup of coffee. Sometimes if I want a little more carbs I have a half cup of oatmeal with a little brown sugar too.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ha ha.... I don't eat breakfast anymore. May have some Bcaa's if I do PT.