What do you have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Protein cake. 1 scoop protein powder, 2 tbsp. cocoa, 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, (banana optional), stevia, and baking powder. Mix in a bowl. Microwave 2-3 minutes. Bowl of cake for breakfast.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Cereal. Always cereal. I am incapable of starting a day without cereal. It's an obsession. With skim milk.

Nature's Path Multigrain Oatbran Cereal
    Barbara's Bakery Shredded Spoonfuls Cereal
    Kashi GoLean Crunch

They're all very high fiber/low carb.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Usually greek yogurt. or oatmeal Had cinnamon rolls today with the kids though lol
  • ImoLu
    ImoLu Posts: 1
    Options
    Today I had 2 cutie clementines, a slice of Sara Lee Breakfast Bread, cinnamon with raison, a cup of tea, 1/2 TBsp of I can't believe its not butter, and am going to add 4 oz Stonyfield 0 fat yogurt for more protein (which is good to start the day)

If I am in a hurry, I like Jimmy Dean D'Lites b reakfast sandwich, mostly the canadian bacon one. I also like a stick-to-the-tummy bowl of oatmeal and a yogurt.
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a tablespoon of 25%less sodium peanut butter which gives the oatmeal an awesome undertone of peanut butter flavorwhich I personally love.
  • hollyjane77
    Options
    I'm not really a breakfast person, but I try to eat anyway. I usually have an apple and some cheddar cheese.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    eight boiled eggs - four whole, and the whites of the four others.
  • Chelle175
    Chelle175 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    2 cups of coffee with 1% milk..instant oatmeal (so I don't have to think) with 1/4 cup of either raisins or dried blueberries...fills me up
  • txnineandout
    Options
    Usually....coffee, and a vegan corn muffin with jam...today was home made cherry/almond...delish!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Today was yogurt with fresh strawberries and blueberries. But I'm in the car a lot, so breakfast is usually a KIND bar (cranberry or blueberry) and a reduced fat cheese stick.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with natural peanut butter stirred in, some hemp hearts and a cut up banana. Huge coffee to drink. Evvverrrrymorning. Mmmmm.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    My workday breakfast is a banana, a Cutie, 1/2 cup orange juice, Dave's Killer Bread, 21 Grain (seriously my favorite food right now) spread with a TBS of peanut butter. Weekends it's breakfast meat, eggs and Dave's with butter or margarine. If you spot Dave's Killer Bread in the store. you should try it. Awesome stuff.
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have either oatmeal with fruit and maple syrup, or vegan pancakes with maple syrup -- I make them before the week starts so I can quickly heat them in the mornings.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just had pumpkin spice oatmeal

1 c Quick oats.
    1c + a little bit water
    Dash of vanilla extract
    tablespoon or 2 of Real Canned Pumpkin (Not pumpkin Pie filling)
    Sprinkle brown sugar and unsweetened shredded coconut on top when done .
    Add raisins.
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    I love porridge - so this morning I had porridge cooked with half water, half semi-skimmed milk, with an apple cut up and stirred in, some cinnamon and some honey. Other mornings I'll mix in some berries or a banana. Keeps me full til lunch
  • Tiffanie0407
    Options
    1/4 cup of steel cut oats and water its delicious!
  • tutti777
    Options
    Today....1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1/2 cup no sugar added red grapefruit sections, coffee and half and half.

Other days...1 slice of toasted Arnolds Whole Grain Health Nut bread, 1 boiled egg, coffee and half and half.

1 cup of Fiber One cereal, 1 banana, 1/2 cup 1% milk, cofffee and half and half.

I usually rotate between these meals....very satifsying..
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Usually a smoothie: 5 frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, handful leafy greens, 1 cup water, and 1 scoop protein powder

If I know it's going to be a long time until lunch or I'm going to be particularly active in the morning, I'll have one of quinoa porridge/oatmeal (still trying to find a way to prepare oatmeal that makes it palatable...) OR 2 scrambled eggs with 1/4 cup ricotta cheese with some fried tomatoes and mushrooms and spinach on the side.
  • aladyinsane
    Options
    greek yorgut with granola and an apple
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Generally its one of 2 meals, fruit (plate full including berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries), cherries, orange, pear, melon of some sort, whatever fruit is in the house usually a variety of 4-6 fruits), nuts and yougart (my husband makes this for me every morning he is home, we eat a lot of fruit he adds cheese to his and we eat the same, we eat mostly whole foods, no processed with the exception of yougart, mostly and a few others).
    And my other go to is smoothies 1 c almond milk, 2cups mixed berries or single flavor depending on mood, banana and 2 Tbsp natural almond butter or peanut butter.