Seriously, what the heck?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you are using the Wii check you have it on a level surface and check that the batteries are okay in the board. Mine were going the other day and it told me I'd gained 3lb (in one day?) I replaced them and my weight went back to what it had been the day before.

THIS! My weight fluctuates greatly with my Wii Fit. I use the scale at work (I work in a physician's office.) for my official weigh-in. You might want to find a scale that doesn't require batteries....or replace them frequently.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Don't get so worked up after just 2 weeks! You're doing great! I agree with determinedbut, it's a pound of poop, a pound of water, or a combo! You're going to fluctuate. Just keep it up and even if you go up and down some, in the big picture, you will be down and look great!!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I find after a really intense workout..especially if I get DOMS, I will go up a pound or two...(inflammation + water!). It's transient. It will go away. I doubt it's 1 lb of muscle. Not yet. not within a week! People actually gain muscle in grams over time which will lead to gaining lbs in muscle. Whoever responded telling the OP she gained 1.2, or whatever lbs of muscle within a week...not possible.

Would be nice though...

But could be just inflammation. Even if you weighed yourself in the morning, the day before could have been intense. And your body could be just a bit inflammed.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Very well said. I would also suggest not eating back your exercise calories. Your body is adjusting to exercise and diet. A thought might be to vary your exercise routine if you're not already. Focusing more on cardio one day and weight training the next or the type like walking then cycle or what ever works for you. You are doing really well and you' ll get there!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Exactly!
  • cindyjoesousa
    cindyjoesousa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Idk exactly but it happens to all of us..it comes back off as quickly as it went on..I think its a combination of everything you mentioned..increase muscle mass, a little water weight, maybe a little too much sodium somewhere..who knows..don't fret..it'll be gone before you know it!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Very well said. I would also suggest not eating back your exercise calories. Your body is adjusting to exercise and diet. A thought might be to vary your exercise routine if you're not already. Focusing more on cardio one day and weight training the next or the type like walking then cycle or what ever works for you. You are doing really well and you' ll get there!
    I would suggest the exact opposite if you want to retain the lean body mass you already have. Please continue to eat back your exercise calories. If you create too much of a deficit you will burn through muscle. And I think everyone will agree that it is much easier to lose fat than to gain muscle.
    I think you should keep doing what you are doing and give it some time.
    I am lifting heavy and notice a 5 lbs fluctuation week to week.
  • rebeccahansen3
    Options
    I have to eat back my exercise calories, otherwise I would be netting about 800 calories a day, which is just plain unhealthy and dangerous,
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have to eat back my exercise calories, otherwise I would be netting about 800 calories a day, which is just plain unhealthy and dangerous,
    Good girl! :)
  • Chacbacharlie
    Options
    It's still a loss in total total though xx
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    24259228.jpg
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I'm confused. If you are eating your BMR plus you are eating your calories burned through exercise, why do you expect loss? You have to have a net loss in there somewhere. Also, unless you know your own actual BMR, remember that it's only an estimate. And sites often give GROSS calories burned during exercise rather than net. Try not eating back your exercise calories - at least not all of them.

Also - make sure that you are taking in enough water. When you do that consistently, you will be less likely to retain water

Also - PLEASE REMEMBER that women of child-bearing age have monthly weight fluctuations caused by water weight as a result of hormonal changes. Once you've been dieting for a few months, you will clearly see your pattern and be able to remember to NOT weight yourself during the predictable weight-gain times.
    BMR is the minimum your body needs to live off. TDEE is what you actually use in a day. OP is right to be eating BMR + exercise cals as this still gives a deficit from TDEE.

EXACTLY!

The goal is to eat less than TDEE, but more than BMR. If exercising and burning significant calories, need to ensure you are eating to fuel that activity - which means eating enough to ensure you are eating, at a minimum, BMR. I like to aim for a minimum of BMR + 100 caories.

And yes, if it has only been a couple weeks - way too soon to get anxious about results. Stay consistent and stay on course.

And no, I WISH one could gain a pound of muscle in a week - on deficit. But alas, NO : ) Could certainly be water and glycogen stores from the increase in exercise.

EAT, EXERCISE, REPEAT - live Life !