Has anyone got a Polar FT4? Just a couple of questions :)

Options
13»

Replies

• wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    do you know if there's a difference between the male and female versions of ft7? have been looking on amazon and there's a price difference so just wondered
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    do you know if there's a difference between the male and female versions of ft7? have been looking on amazon and there's a price difference so just wondered
    Certainly both male and female versions have the same software, they both ask for your gender.

On a discussion about the FT4, some people have posted saying that they've seen them together and that the bronze version (FT4F) is slightly smaller, but another poster said that her husband has the silver one (FT4M) and that the only difference between them is the colour.

So I think it's safe to say that either can be used by either gender, the colour is definitely different, and the FT7F may be very slightly smaller. They're all pretty big though.
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    Thanks, although I like the fact the ft7 tells you if your improving fitness or burning fat not sure I can justify the extra money so might just go for the ft4, having said that might say sod it and get the 7 when the time comes lol
  • wheelieblade
    Options
    ok so I got an ft7 today and I have a couple of stupid questions.
    1) my resting heart rate fluctuates is this normal?
    2) does my heart rate need to be at a certain bpm before I use the calorie count or just use it regardless of my bpm?
  • StacieMarie84
    StacieMarie84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 and I couldn't link it to my Iphone 4 :( I also can't figure out how to plug it into my computer. Does anyone know if I can link this HRM to any Iphone 4 app or is there another version of the polar hrm that I should purchase instead?
  • shivvv_x
    shivvv_x Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is the ft4 easy to use? thinking of buying one as the last fitness watch i bought was too hard to work!
  • Zoeys_Momma
    Zoeys_Momma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have one and it works great. It lets you put in your sex, weight, height, and age so that it is very accurate about how many calories that you burn. It is wonderful and I haven't had any problems with it. The only difference between men and women's is the color because it allows you to put your sex in. It's great and I really love the way it keeps up with calories so that you know if you burn a lot you get to eat something extra! I would definately recommend it.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Mine is on eBay, having played with it and decided it is an unecessary gadget - each to their own.
  • CourtneyGetsFit_
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 in pink. I love it! It is accurate. The machines are way off on the machines.
  • KelsLovesRando
    Options
    Is the calorie burn accurate for the FT4? I just used mine for the first time today and it turns out I have a higher calorie burn using it than MFP estimates. Not that I'm complaining, I just don't want to log MORE calories for exercise than I'm burning! :)
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bump for the question above because I used my FT4 for the first time today and had the same thing happen to me. Way higher than what MFP says.

Thanks!
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    are the choices for this only bronze and pink then... i really would love the silver one. which is a mens.. i'm wonder too if there is a gender choice. rpogrammed into it.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it. I would recommend it.

same here! perfect for what i need.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    are the choices for this only bronze and pink then... i really would love the silver one. which is a mens.. i'm wonder too if there is a gender choice. rpogrammed into it.

Nope you choose your sex in the set up. The difference is only in the band size. I have to use the women's or the band is too large.
  • StacieMarie84
    StacieMarie84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been using mine for over a month now and I finally lost 6 pounds and 6% bodyfat in 30 days. I think the first couple times I used my Polar FT4 it was still getting used to bm body but now it is really accurate.