What do you have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Multifacet
    Multifacet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Either a protein shake (see my food diary) or one egg cooked in olive oil spray and one piece of turkey bacon. I sometimes add Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt to the latter.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg, 2 egg whites scrambled, a piece of fruit cut up in a low fat 100g yogurt, a cup of coffee and 2 glasses of water.
  • roseann1017
    Options
    I always have a 1/4 cup of 5 grain oatmeal with 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tbs of chopped walnuts and 1/2 frozen blueberries. Sometimes I mix in a couple egg whites and chia seeds to. The egg whites make it taste like a custard. I also add a sprinkle of stevia powder and cinnamon! Delish :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Usually I have oatmeal and fruit, but this morning I had a scrambled egg with scallions and grated cheddar cheese. I had an orange and toast with butter along with that.
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    A cup of green tea. ;-)

A question to all egg eaters: What do you do with the rest of the yolk when you only eat the egg white? Throw it away?
  • christylindquist
    christylindquist Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I either have dry cereal and coffee or eggs. I made 2 dozen eggs in muffin tins. Each "muffin" has one egg, 1/4 C spinach a pinch of cheese diced turkey bacon, pepper and garlic powder. I baked them on 350 for about 25 minutes or until cooked all the way thru. Then I froze them in pairs of 2. They are super filling and high in calories because of the egg yolk (next time I will do one dozen with whole egg and one dozen with just egg white). It's a nice quick grab and go breakfast. I just re-heat them for 30 sec.
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    oatmeal mixed with canned pumpkin , stevia , cinnamon , almondmilk and topped with fruit and a cup of coffee
  • scarrie2
    scarrie2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1/2c 1% cottage cheese, with 1/2 c thawed frozen blueberries, whole grain white toast w/ 2 tsp peanut butter. That's been lasting me til lunch even after a 500cal burn workout..
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    During the week (at my desk at work)--Quaker instant oatmeal or a Yoplait light yogurt with a fat free English muffin and light butter. On weekends, 2 scrambled eggs using olive oil spray in the pan. Sometimes I add some lowfat cheese to the eggs, or a bunch of veggies for an omelet.

Oh, and coffee...always coffee. FF 1/2 and 1/2 and 1 packet of Equal.
  • cchartrand1978
    cchartrand1978 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always say three, If you eat one thing from at least three food groups your good. Example: this morning I had

2 Hard boiled eggs
    1 cup of Raspberries
    1 slice of Whole wheat bread w/ cheezewhiz
    three glasses of water
  • Biggoal50
    Biggoal50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have one cup frozen diced potatoes (fried up with a little spray), 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans, 1/3 cup scrambled egg whites and 2 Tablespoons salsa. It's really good, filling, and a little different.
    Calories are approximately 250
  • TexasTexasTexas
    Options
    Every other day I have steel-cut oats that soaked all night in coconut milk. Take from fridge and nuke for 90 seconds. Add sugar = yum. On alternate days I do the spinach pineapple tangerine blueberry almond / pb + oj smoothies. A tall one. Both fill me up with no cravings until my 10am break (teacher). Dried sour cherries (so much more delicious than raisins) or boiled egg are a good snack until lunch. One cup of coffee w cream every morning (down from 4 cups daily for past 25 yrs!). Weekends = fried eggs and crunchy 7-grain toast. This works for me. I'm only on day 24 but that's about 20 days longer than usual ;)
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    2 cups decaffeinated coffee, Sunrise tofu dessert with berries and 1 rice cake with fake peanut butter.
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I usually have a green monster smoothie. 1/2 banana, handful of spinach, 1 cup of almond milk, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and I container of strawberry chobani greek yogurt. It is very yummy and keeps me full until lunch. I either have that or oatmeal with fruit.

THIS sounds really yummy. I think I will try that. ")
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Early morning before run is 1/2 banana and coffee and at least 8oz water. Sometimes I add a boiled egg. This really gives me plenty of energy for a good run.

When I get to work:

I usually do oatmeal, 1 cup almond milk, handful of mixed berries (frozen), 1T flaxseed. or 2 eggo whole grain waffles with 2T all natural peanut butter
  • deekay8507
    deekay8507 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Usually egg whites and spinach on a mini bagel
    Or Greek yogurt with granola
    Or a smoothie
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Almond pancakes with protein fruit smoothie or eggs.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Homemade no-knead multi-grain bread with crunchy peanut butter.
    Coffee with half and half cream.
    A weird mix of fibre-smart, metamucil, chia seeds and Emergen-C mixed with water.

I usually eat lunch around 11-12.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    1 cup of cottage cheese or a protein shake.
  • Tommy_Valentine
    Options
    I'm a college student so I usually just fix myself a bowl of frosted mini-wheats (2 servings) with 1 cup of milk. It gets me:

10g of protein
    12g of fiber
    and lots of minerals and vitamins.

I use fat free milk so that gets me another 8g of protein. Keeps me going until lunch!