What do you have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Fruit on the bottom organic Greek yogurt (various flavors) with added plain organic Greek yogurt to cut the sugar, and most days either cheese toast or oatmeal. Twice a week, I have bacon, eggs and toast with butter and sometimes jelly instead.

ETA: and lots of black coffee.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    This morning I had: Coffee with a bit of sugar and half &half, plain greek yogurt with: honey, vanilla, 1/2 tbsp flaxseed and 1/2 tbsp chia seeds, and also an apple.

I normally have eggs with some veggies on the weekend but I felt like have something sweet this morning. :)
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with home made apple butter stirred in. Yummy!
  • sjrrm
    sjrrm Posts: 4
    Options
    I usually do a banana and a snack pack of mixed nuts in the morning just before the gym and after a bowl of oatmeal with skim milk and berries and a cup or coffee of course :)
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Weekends (I have more time):
    Two slices rye bread toasted, two eggs (either poached or soft bolied) and sometimes a poached haddock. 1 or 2 cups of espresso

Weekdays (less time):
    Oats So Simple with a handful of blueberries. 2 black coffees

Might have a banana mid-morning to keep me going but not always.
  • cjh03
    cjh03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Here lately I've been hooked on Jif Natural PB and clover honey sandwiches on Arnold whole grain bread. This along with my protein shake and maybe some blueberries and/or strawberries for good measure.
  • UseToBeHot
    UseToBeHot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Deep chocolate Vita Top muffin top w/1 pat of butter (yum), 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce (so my pills don't get stuck in my throat) and a medium banana (which my doctor says to eat everyday for my extra potassium). I'm good 'til noon.
  • rebsorensen
    Options
    I have one slice of dry whole wheat toast, ham lunch meat, and one egg. I cut the toast in half and make a breakfast sandwich out of it.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    2 eggs & a big slice of rye and a tomato or

4 slices low fat cheese (total 120 cals, 20 g protein) & 2 slices rye, and a tomato or

ham and that cheese, toasted, on rye, and a tomato
  • dobee1
    dobee1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One frozen whole grain waffle with 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter mixed with 1 teaspoon real maple syrup and coffee.
  • nicnunu
    Options
    Hi, I have a slim fast shake every morning except Sundays when I have scrambled eggs and a thin slice of salmon on a small slice of wholeness bread and a cup of tea lovely.
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    I have a carnation drink with skim milk on the way to work at 6:30 am...Then at 8:45 I have a hot chocolate and a fiber bar..Then at 10:15 I eat a bowl of cereal. Half the time healthy cereal, half the times not.
  • WinterGirl_92
    WinterGirl_92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of coffee, an egg white omelette with mushrooms and turkey bacon, and usually some kind of fruit...
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    eithe bowl of oatmeal or 1 poached egg on 1 wheat toast & 2 microwave bacon.
  • dawn60r
    dawn60r Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mini whole grain bagel, lowfat cream cheese and smoked salmon, greek yogart, or fruit smoothie with protein powder
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Standard UK supermarket brand of Sultana Bran and fat free natural yoghurt. One of the few meals I can say I never get bored of having everyday, never used to bother with breakfast! Comes in at about 200 calories.
  • lisafarley79
    lisafarley79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Although I just started MFP a week or so ago...I have almost the same breakfast because it keeps me going....1/3 c of Bob's Red Mill 6 grain hot cereal., 3/4 cup of light soy milk, a fruit (apple, banana, or orange-which ever I have handy), 2 light string cheese sticks, and coffee...hope it helps!
    Another thing I have done when I was out of string cheese is to add 1 c. natural peanut butter to my hot cereal and a 25 calorie pack of hot cocoa....it tastes like a no bake cookie :-) good luck!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    today (post run) I had.
    1/4 c steel cut oats cooked in 1/3 c almond milk with 1/2 cup of blueberries.

then sauteed 1 c of spinach, 3 oz of baby portabello mushrooms, 1/4 c red onion.
    poured 6 tbsp of egg whites over the top, cracked one whole egg on top of that, then a slice of sargento provolone to finish.

oh, and coffee.
    Let me know if you ever need some company for breakfast! :laugh: Sounds awesome!
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Coffee with creamer, and then either:

plain greek yogurt with brown sugar
    oatmeal (half cup oats and half cup almond/soy milk, in the fridge overnight)
    bagel thin with cinnamon cream cheese Laughing Cow

I love eggs, but i dont usually eat them for breakfast - we eat them for dinner on the regular.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    A cup of green tea. ;-)

A question to all egg eaters: What do you do with the rest of the yolk when you only eat the egg white? Throw it away?

People throw away the yolk? Blasphemy!:noway: That's the most delicious part!