Visalus

Options

Replies

• ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I've been on the ViSalus product for almost 2 years now. I have lost 40 lbs on it and kept it off. I love the shakes and the other items I make using the ViSalus shake mix and never get bored with it. It's filling and delicious and extremely cost effective at less than $2 per shake. It works for me very well, but I don't really push it on anyone. If people want to use it they come to me and I help them lose weight and achieve their goals.

40 pounds in 2 years? If you ate 1400-1800 calories of food and worked out 4 times a week you could have lost 40 pounds 5-6 months plus you'd have saved $960+ dollars...just sayin :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    No.
    :angry:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Everyone I know in real life who pushes this product (constantly) is morbidly obese. they say stuff like 'you can lose 10 pounds in your first week!' and i'm thinking 'really, then why isn't it working for you?' having a bunch of really overweight people push a weight loss product on me over a long period of time while none of them are losing weight does not exactly shout 'this product works' to me.
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I tried it and loved it. Lost the 30lbs that got me under 200 lbs and I didn't go to the gym. I would however recommend just eatting right and exercise as its very expensive! I chose the body transformation package and yeah it worked, but I was very strict with what I ate. Now I just do portion control, exercise and make sure that I drink a ton of water.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    :happy: Of course there are going to varying results depending on the person, circumstances, and dedication. My personal experience is that I lost 30 pounds during my first 90 day challenge without doing ANY exercise whatsoever - just drinking two shakes a day and eating one sensible meal, and eating one or two nutri-cookies as in-between snacks when i needed it. I started off on the $99 Shape Kit (2 shakes a day) the first month and then upgraded to the Core Kit because I wanted the Vi-Pak vitamins and the Neuro energy boosters. The program made me feel great! I have more energy all the time than I used to have and I find the shakes delicious and very satisfying.

I never had any issues, even though I have heard that a small percentage of people experience some constipation or diarrhea until their bodies adjust. From what I have heard that usually only lasts a few days to a week.

As far as the cost, it is not an additional expense. The shakes are less than $2 per meal which is way less than most people spend. I found that I SAVED about $10 per day on food. That's $300 a month savings! And they have Challenge Kits ranging from $49/mo up to $299/mo depending on your goals. So I don't get it when people say it is expensive.

Another thing... someone said the shakes don't have much protein compared to other alternatives. On the surface that is true, but I did my homework and it turns out that the Visalus shakes use a blend of proteins combined with enzymes that are more highly absorbed by our bodies than the others on the market. So when you consider how much protein actually enters our bloodstream, the Visalus shakes are equal to and in many cases more than the others that show twice as many MG of protein on the label.

I am now on my second 90-day challenge because I want to lose another 50 pounds. And I am still enjoying the shakes - I have not become tired of them. I have tried about 20 different recipes to add variety to the shakes, but my favorite is to add half a banana and 3 strawberries with unsweetened almond milk and two scoops of the shake mix and blend it up. YUM!!!

Nice try, Visalus Sales Rep. :laugh:
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    i drink it. i love it. it has helped me. but it has helped me because i wasnt trying anything else. if your doing something that works for you, keep doing it. no point in changing it up
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

i always play a game in my head on threads like these. it's called, "spot the sales reps on the thread". i think i'm pretty good at it. :bigsmile:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

i always play a game in my head on threads like these. it's called, "spot the sales reps on the thread". i think i'm pretty good at it. :bigsmile:
    Usually not too difficult. :tongue: If in doubt, click on the number of posts beneath their username and it brings up a their entire history of past posts. When you read through them and every one is like an infomercial..........
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    :happy: Of course there are going to varying results depending on the person, circumstances, and dedication. My personal experience is that I lost 30 pounds during my first 90 day challenge without doing ANY exercise whatsoever - just drinking two shakes a day and eating one sensible meal, and eating one or two nutri-cookies as in-between snacks when i needed it. I started off on the $99 Shape Kit (2 shakes a day) the first month and then upgraded to the Core Kit because I wanted the Vi-Pak vitamins and the Neuro energy boosters. The program made me feel great! I have more energy all the time than I used to have and I find the shakes delicious and very satisfying.

I never had any issues, even though I have heard that a small percentage of people experience some constipation or diarrhea until their bodies adjust. From what I have heard that usually only lasts a few days to a week.

As far as the cost, it is not an additional expense. The shakes are less than $2 per meal which is way less than most people spend. I found that I SAVED about $10 per day on food. That's $300 a month savings! And they have Challenge Kits ranging from $49/mo up to $299/mo depending on your goals. So I don't get it when people say it is expensive.

Another thing... someone said the shakes don't have much protein compared to other alternatives. On the surface that is true, but I did my homework and it turns out that the Visalus shakes use a blend of proteins combined with enzymes that are more highly absorbed by our bodies than the others on the market. So when you consider how much protein actually enters our bloodstream, the Visalus shakes are equal to and in many cases more than the others that show twice as many MG of protein on the label.

I am now on my second 90-day challenge because I want to lose another 50 pounds. And I am still enjoying the shakes - I have not become tired of them. I have tried about 20 different recipes to add variety to the shakes, but my favorite is to add half a banana and 3 strawberries with unsweetened almond milk and two scoops of the shake mix and blend it up. YUM!!!

One post and it's all about how great Visalus is? Sounds legit. :noway:
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My cousin who started BBV when he was 529 is now stuck at 368.4lbs. Now he has been on the product for a while. Not too long after I ran my first 5k in June of 2012 he started it. Now the issue I have with it is that he used to eat food, but now all he does is drink the shakes (I do realize there is suppose to be food in there, but its not the same in my eyes as real healthy food).

I personally don't think it works, and he proved my point. At one time, when he was transitioning between challenges, he gained 20lbs after stopping the shakes. Granted I don't drop pounds like crazy, but I am at least eating healthy food for the most part, and while I don't have 4 to 6 hours everyday to do as much exercise as he does (he jogs/walks with his dog, he cycles, weight lifts, water aerobics, and some other cardio aerobic class) I can at least say that i would never drink the stuff :noway:

And when he has try to sell it to me and family members, we said "no" and at Easter my aunt handed him two bags that a friend gave her and said "my doctor said this stuff won't do me any good because I'm at a healthy weight and that I don't need the junk in my body." :laugh:
  • Lilpixie39
    Options
    I'm using the VI shakes and package is 100 dollars.They taste great ,you can add different things to it.I'm so busy with my husband of running our resturant that I really don't eat much that I was getting the right amount of nutrients in my body but now I do.I have lost 11lbs and 4 inch.SO yes it does work.Different strokes for different folks.
  • MissyLaRae
    MissyLaRae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everyone I know in real life who pushes this product (constantly) is morbidly obese. they say stuff like 'you can lose 10 pounds in your first week!' and i'm thinking 'really, then why isn't it working for you?' having a bunch of really overweight people push a weight loss product on me over a long period of time while none of them are losing weight does not exactly shout 'this product works' to me.

^^^ Yes. I originally started ViSalus a while back but didn't lose anything. I honestly just like drinking a shake in the morning, (I'm not a morning eater) but know I've got to put something in my body.

I mix mine with unsweetened almond milk, 2 scoops powder, 2T of Oatmeal, a banana, ice, and a few frozen strawberries.

It's a little gritty from the oatmeal but it keeps me going for hours. I use it in addition to eating balanced and working out but it's definitely not a "magic pill". It shouldn't substitute actually eating real food.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that has a gym who started selling it and he INSTANTLY got annoying on Facebook with all his posts hawking this stuff. It's a pyramid scheme Slimfast. After he got going he's had some of my other friends (who are fit already) on it and selling it.

All their statuses have been hidden on my facebook. They were all out to make money. Personally I was bothered by a gym owner that trains fighters would promote such a thing. The quest for money really calls to some I guess.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My daughter in law has started selling it. Her big success is that her morbidly obese sister has lost 11 lbs in a month. The woman is well over 300 lbs so just cutting out anything should have done that much. She was showing me how great it would be for me. I totaled up the calories in my head as she was talking and the shake was going to be over 600 calories! This was supposed to be my breakfast! I generally have 2 eggs, a yogurt and an apple for breakfast for far less than that and then if I did it again for lunch it left me with 150 calories for my dinner. No thanks.
  • LKaye3626
    LKaye3626 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is not true!! The shake is only 90 calories per 2 scoops!!!
  • karaandrews13
    Options
    I used the shakes for almost a year. I was drinking two a day and not over eating. I worked out 6 days a week, usually for two hours a couple times a week. I play sports. I never lost one pound! If you ask me it in not worth the money. They taste good, and they are quick. But I was always hungry an hour later and started having big problems with being hypoglycemic while I was using them, so I quit. Fruits, veggies, and lean meats and dairy for this family, and I haven't had a problem with my sugar for several months now.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I prefer to spend my money on real food.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Here's an excellent couple of reviews by Greame Thomas, a respected sports nutritionist. The first covers the MLM aspect of the product, and the second is an in-depth look at the so-called "nutritional" value in the shakes.

Cliffs - save your money and eat some real food.

http://graemethomasonline.com/body-by-vi-review-is-visalus-a-scam/

http://graemethomasonline.com/visalus-body-by-vi-ingredient-evaluation/