Why do people cheat on there partner ?

Options
2»

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    When your partner feels more like a roommate than the love of your life, I could see it happening.
  • KBeener
    KBeener Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's because the human brain, particularly the male human brain, programs us to seek multiple sexual partners. There is no reason for monogamy other than popular culture, the large part of which is religious.

A great book for further reading on this is The Male Brain by Louann Brizendine. And if you want to know why some women cheat (and MORE about women) read The Female Brain.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    and...some do it to get caught to get out of the relationship because they dont have the balls to say I want a divorce and its easier for the spouse to toss them out...true..my brother did that..cheated made sure he got caught so she would toss him out..coward is what I say!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Dunno, ask my first wife why she did it.
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think people get involved too quickly these days and mistake lust with loving someone. Personally would never cheat in anyway as he's my best friend and I honestly can't imagine my life without him. There are a lot of people who don't take the time to actually get to know their partner prior to sleeping with them. Also communication is the key to any long term relationship. I'm only speaking from personal experience as I've been with my husband for 12 years and we're celebrating our 10th anniversary next month and we not only love each others company, but we communicate every single day.

These are just my thoughts on the matter :-)
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    well technically, when should you tell your s/o you want to be with someone else? What if you do it to early and it doesn't work out with the new person and you realize you really love the original person? What if you save your current s/o's feeling, hang with the new person and realize there's nothing there?