skipping breakfast

Options
1235»

Replies

• theblackbirdtree
    Options
    You can skip breakfast. It does not jump start anything contrary to the often spread rumors.
    As long as you feel and function fine, AND as long as your end of day nutritional needs are being met, then do whatever you enjoy as far as meal timing.

This. If you skipped every meal for 2 days, your body would begin to stress out and cause metabolic damage.
    3-4 hours after you wake up, you don't eat, isn't an issue.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Here's my take..

I am a night eater, always have and always will be. So if I eat breakfast I end up starving myself to keep within my calorie goal. But.. if I eat less or nothing in the morning that gives me more calories to eat later. I really don't think it's that complicated.. calories in, calories out, time of day doesn't matter other than what your body likes.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Don't SKIP a meal, eat a yogurt or a fiber one bar. U should tally everything so your body isn't hungry and get with the program.......
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bless the shirtless intermittent-fasters who always bestow truth in these threads

skipping breakfast will no effect on your weight loss/weight gain unless you don't account for calories eaten/not eaten

calories in calories out
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I used to skip breakfast and was able to function just fine. But then I started working out in the mornings and my body was telling me that it needed food so....hold onto your hats....I started eating breakfast.

Do whatever works.

You eat breakfast? That's broscience dude.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't know if skipping breakfast is good or bad.. but if you're not eating enough that is bad. If you find you're not eating enough the easy solution is to make a smoothie in the morning. Or have a hard boiled egg. Something quick and full of protein. It really did help me a lot. If I don't think about eating I don't get above 900. Cause i'm just never hungry. I actually am able to eat more and better when I do eat something in the morning. I don't eat every morning and I do unintentionally skip meals and I still don't always break 1000 calories. I am not the perfect example. But when I eat breakfast I have a better day and an easier time reaching my goals.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Lets say your last meal of the day is 7 pm then you eat again at 1 pm the following day do the maths, not healthy in my opinion - )
    Who says you have to stop eating at 7pm? I eat all the way up to 11pm. Yeah, that "if you eat carbs and **** before you go to bed will end up turning to fat" myth hasn't worked out well on myself and many others.
    The math is correct when you meet your daily calorie goal before you go to sleep.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    If you don't have breakfast, you do not wake up your metabolism. This means that you will store whatever you eat later and feel moody because your blood sugar will be too low.
    Broscience. Somehow there's an alarm clock on a breakfast plate that rings and only metabolism will hear it.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options

I find that the less I eat the less I tend to eat over the course of the day, which is a good thing. When I eat breakfast and many small meals or snacks, per the old conventional wisdom, I'm likely to overeat.

I do like to have a cup of coffee in the morning, but I don't eat breakfast.

Same here. I get up at 6 and have a a couple (small) cups of coffee, and I'm good 'til lunch time.
    Coffee? Ugh! How nasty............now Diet Pepsi..................

IDEA Fitness member
  • AinE_75
    AinE_75 Posts: 38
    Options
    Lets say your last meal of the day is 7 pm then you eat again at 1 pm the following day do the maths, not healthy in my opinion - )
    Who says you have to stop eating at 7pm? I eat all the way up to 11pm. d have studied kinesiology and nutrition[/b]
    I do stop eating at 7-8 pm. And feel fine till 1 pm next day.
  • AinE_75
    AinE_75 Posts: 38
    Options

I find that the less I eat the less I tend to eat over the course of the day, which is a good thing. When I eat breakfast and many small meals or snacks, per the old conventional wisdom, I'm likely to overeat.

I do like to have a cup of coffee in the morning, but I don't eat breakfast.

Same here. I get up at 6 and have a a couple (small) cups of coffee, and I'm good 'til lunch time.
    Coffee? Ugh! How nasty............now Diet Pepsi..................

IDEA Fitness member
    I do not drink coffee either.. :) Nothing in the morning, but some water...