Which Tablet?

Options
kingofcrunk
kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
I'm going to be getting a tablet soon and I wanted to ask for recommendations on which is the best.

I know the ipad and ipad mini are good but what about the other 'android' type tablets?

Replies

• louisel809
    Options
    I have an I pad which I'm obsessed about, but my sister uses an Acer which is pretty good too! Looks really nice as well.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Try the Stone Tablet. While you have to provide your own hammer and chisel, it doesn't require power and is quite affordable.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Kindle Fire HD or Samsung Galaxy tab. I have the KF. Love it!
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've tried the iPad, galaxy tab, google nexus and microsoft surface and the microsoft surface wins handsdown for me! (followed closely by the galaxy tablet). iPads are great if you have all their apple products but, in my opinion, they're not nearly as powerful or versatile as their android or windows counterparts.
  • melissalandrum
    melissalandrum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got my daughter the Asus Transformer and keyboard dock for Xmas after a lot of research.She's *very* happy and I couldn't be more pleased.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have a Xoom, I prefer the android

I look at it as not so much about the device but the apps and how are you going to use it. Do you use iTunes a lot? If so maybe Apple is the way to go.

Really look into the microsoft tablets too, the new ones are a full version of windows 8 (not RT ones) A little bit more money but it could be a true desktop replacement.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I had a nook tablet. I hated it. Now have a Google nexus and love it!!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Kindle Fire HD or Samsung Galaxy tab. I have the KF. Love it!

This
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I have the Nook tablet and an older ipad, I like them both for different reasons. I like the smaller size the the nook for reading a book and traveling, but trying to read magazines on it is hard. The ipad is a perfect size for reading magazines, but a bit big for reading books and traveling. It depends on what you want to use a tablet for.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Why chose wannabees? Just get an iPad
  • KJFairywings
    KJFairywings Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a Kindle Fire and I absolutely love it. Cost wise it was not at all that expensive and is a great starting point. It does everything I need it to including checking email, games, books, facebook, MFP and many many other applications. I also have a laptop and a Droid Razr so I am very internet connected.... lol I may upgrade to an Ipad at some point but since I am unemployed currently I cant justify the cost.
  • SemiSweet510
    Options
    I love my iPad! But I bought my mom the kindle fire hd & she loves it
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't have either but in reading the posts above, no one is saying why they prefer one over the other. PEOPLE!, get with the program!
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I had a Kindle Fire and didn't like it at all. I love my iPad.
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    t
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have a nexus 7 and my only real complaint is that I can not watch my Amazon instant Videos on it. My wife has an iPad and she loves it. Her iPad definitely has more screen space as well, which makes me jealous at times.

It really depends on what you want to use it for. And are you geeky and like to mess with the OS and settings a lot or do you prefer a nice easy interface like the iphone
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have Asus Transformer with keyboard dock and use it for everything since my rental laptop went back. My husband has the Nexus 7. I also have a smart phone so all data through Google is synced automatically on all devices.

Everything works great, do not miss my laptop as have word processing, spreadsheets etc and keyboard for ease of data entry. Only one problem is that we cannot download Adobe flash player as using Android 4.2. Most site are now using alternative HTML5, but just sucks sometimes when there is a video I particularly want to watch and can't.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    **** iPad and there locked down bullcrap.

Nexus 10 is supposed to be the tablet to own. It's what I'd get...or the Note 10.1

Rather have a 16:9 Android screen than apples old school 4:3 screen too
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Since forever I always been an Apple gal!
    I have a iPad mini and love it. I have all I can have from form my cell and laptop combine in one plus, I love reading my books with it!
  • kvg1210
    kvg1210 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have a Kindle and Samsung Galaxy Tab (which I got free with my phone contract) but must admit I love the Samsung