30 day shred... oh boy

Options
i just did my first day of the 30 day shred and i cant tell if i hate myself of love myself. i feel like jello! lol debating on doing it every day or every other day but i WILL do it! i got engaged on christmas and our wedding is next august. 19 1/2 months away! everyone sais it will go by fast. my goal is to be the weight i graduated high school by then. 135. im at about 155-160 right now. ill keep posting on here to keep everyone updated.... if you all want of course :)

Replies

• austindog2
    Options
    Good luck! I started it but an old injury got the best of me about halfway through. It's totally worth it! It'll kick your butt but you'll notice yourself getting stronger and it feels so great.

I used this chart to help me keep track of my progress:

http://losing-every-extra-pound.tumblr.com/post/22144646420/printable-chart-link-to-30-day-shred-level-1

Crossing off each day in big red sharpie felt so great!!

(Edit: Congrats on your engagement!!!)
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well done! I have just completed Day 1 of Level 1 too. I presume you have to do it every day for 30 days even if you do other exercise?? :explode:
  • anniemmcgehee
    Options
    Just did my second day! It definitely wasn't any easier! I plan on doing it every day, plus some extra cardio about 3x a week. Love Jillian though, she's an excellent instructor! I like her better than the bodyrock.tv people.

Also, if you have a BluRay player with wifi, you can watch the videos on YouTube for free and still have them on your TV!! :)

Good luck!
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! i did day 2 today. i plan on doing it every day. unless it gets too easy im doing level 1 for 30 days, then 2 for 30, then 3 for 30. :)

i worked today and oh man... by the end of my shift i was walkiing a little funny. the most pain is in my thighs and pecs(feels wierd saying i have pecs lol) heres to living through tomorrow!!! :)

*edit* anniemmcgehee we should keep eachother motivated since we started the same day! :)
  • jbug5j
    Options
    just finished day 3! i dont know if i took more breaks or not but i swear some things were already easier! ^_^ and i didnt get that dry throat this time at all :)
  • GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also just completed day 3. I managed to get through all the push ups AND the bicycle crunches for the first time!!! Almost addicted!!
  • lmdenn33
    Options
    Stick with it! You will be amazed at how much stronger you are on day 5. I just started level 2. You got this!!!
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    On day 5 here and not sore anymore like I was the first 3 days. I can do the entire workout now except for the 30 full push-ups. Have to do those from the knee or I run out of gas
  • jbug5j
    Options
    i havent really been counting my moves at all i just try to keep up with the girls lol
  • herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 today and managed not to collapse halfway through the bicycle crunches like yesterday - woohoo. Also really feeling it in pectorals and thighs (taking stairs becomes interesting!). I do think though that you need to re-do the cool down stretches properly once the routine's over as she goes through them far too quickly to have much effect! Now my challenge is getting up early and doing it before work for the next 5 days *gulp*.
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    I've just completed day 3. It felt slightly easier today but my legs are aching, especially doing the lunges!! I can't do full push ups so do them on my knees and they're still hurting. I plan to do it everyday.
  • GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ! Now my challenge is getting up early and doing it before work for the next 5 days *gulp*.

Me too!!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again tonight!
  • anbc22
    anbc22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I completed the entire 30 day shred last year before vacation. Without paying close attention to my diet, I still lost a lot of inches around my waist and I could tell a big difference in the tone in my arms and legs. Halfway through the program I started struggling with my knees some (old basketball injury) and I had to take a couple of days off, but once I continued the program I was fine.

I have lost 60 lbs. (pregnancy) since last May and I am now into week 2 of her ripped in 30. I love it so far, it is much more intense that 30 day shred and I am also following a strict diet this time, so I hope to see significant results in the end.
  • Chip10k
    Chip10k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just did day 7 of routine 1. The first 3 days were really rough and I would limp into work every morning but now I can make it through all the exercises. Im getting nervous for routine 2 and what that has in store for my body! Good luck to everybody doing it! Keep it up even when it gets really hard...you can do it :)
  • KupCake0720
    Options
    I will be starting the 30 day shred sometime
    this week. I really hope I stick to it.
  • katemarie4
    katemarie4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i have to be to work in less than an hour, but you're all inspiring me to start up (again) tomorrow! i started about 2 weeks ago, was soooo sore the next day that i was limping and had trouble even going from standing to sitting haha. but it's nice to know the pain goes away around day 3!!
  • Sunflowergirl1
    Sunflowergirl1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did day 5 of level 1 today. I am pretty amazed at how I have improved in such a short amount of time. Woo hoo! Actually looking forward to the next 5 days of level 1, which I didn't expect at all on day 1! Lol. I may have to peek at level 2 soon to see what's coming next. :)
  • MiTime2016
    MiTime2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did day 5 of level 1 today. I am pretty amazed at how I have improved in such a short amount of time. Woo hoo! Actually looking forward to the next 5 days of level 1, which I didn't expect at all on day 1! Lol. I may have to peek at level 2 soon to see what's coming next. :)

lol ... I did that today (Day 6)
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30 Day Shred too.. feel free to add me.. I just finished Day 4 of Level 3... I'll be completing it next Sunday.. I am excited to see what my results are... Then on to the next program!!